2023 NFL Week 6

icsept

Master
NFL Network was giving Justin Watson a lot of love on their pregame show. Then Michael Robinson made the observation that “Watson looks like a tight end which leads to the confusion which allows him to get open deep.” Dumbest comment ever.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Michael Robinson looks like he's stoned 24/7.

Outside of Surtain, Denver has some of the worst graded Corners in the league. Still waiting for Riley Moss to get his shot but if he's actually not ready it's probably for the best.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Kelce 3 catches for 53 yards in the 1st quarter. Ugly, sloppy game so far. Chiefs are notorious for playing down to their opponents. There will be no 70-20 route here.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
NFL Network was giving Justin Watson a lot of love on their pregame show. Then Michael Robinson made the observation that “Watson looks like a tight end which leads to the confusion which allows him to get open deep.” Dumbest comment ever.
I normally can't stand the banality of the pregame shows, so I missed this. This is an perfect example of how media and most DWF's see white receivers. All tight ends.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Outside of Surtain, Denver has some of the worst graded Corners in the league. Still waiting for Riley Moss to get his shot but if he's actually not ready it's probably for the best.

Agreed. He would be a walking perp shot.

On an unrelated note: Remember Denver's o-line and their blocking scheme the late 90s into the mid 2000s under Mike Shanahan. That unit made alot of running backs put up big numbers. It seems like offensive line building is a lost ability as teams now just draft the black players with long arms regardless of their actual ability. The o-lines that were effective played as a unit and that seemed to be how teams were built - from the trenches out. I have to wonder if offensive line blocking and scheme are just becoming much more remedial at the college level. Offensive line play never gets the criticism it deserves as we have noted here. That whole evaluation process is just as bad as every other position if you ask me. Also, it seems that 3, 5 and 7 step drops for QBs are becoming much more rare as the NFL goes to basketball on grass from the Shotgun. Perhaps they are dependent on each other. Just another of many ways that the product on the field has been diluted over the past decade plus.

Apologies for the off topic rant.

jphoss

Mentor
Agreed. He would be a walking perp shot.

On an unrelated note: Remember Denver's o-line and their blocking scheme the late 90s into the mid 2000s under Mike Shanahan. That unit made alot of running backs put up big numbers. It seems like offensive line building is a lost ability as teams now just draft the black players with long arms regardless of their actual ability. The o-lines that were effective played as a unit and that seemed to be how teams were built - from the trenches out. I have to wonder if offensive line blocking and scheme are just becoming much more remedial at the college level. Offensive line play never gets the criticism it deserves as we have noted here. That whole evaluation process is just as bad as every other position if you ask me. Also, it seems that 3, 5 and 7 step drops for QBs are becoming much more rare as the NFL goes to basketball on grass from the Shotgun. Perhaps they are dependent on each other. Just another of many ways that the product on the field has been diluted over the past decade plus.

Apologies for the off topic rant.
Offensive line play has regressed so badly over the last decade at least. Looking at the increase in sumos, dumbed down blocking schemes, a focus on 7v7 in recruiting camps it’s not a surprise. And then you see who puts out good line play it’s midwestern teams with widwest and northern whites

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Tranquil with a sack, Karlaftis has been getting good pressure on Wilson, who has 17 yards passing with two minutes left in the half.

Broncos have had a snowplow at times at LB, with the rookie Sanders getting some reps with the dynamic duo of Jewell and Singleton.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Tranquil with a sack, Karlaftis has been getting good pressure on Wilson, who has 17 yards passing with two minutes left in the half.

Broncos have had a snowplow at times at LB, with the rookie Sanders getting some reps with the dynamic duo of Jewell and Singleton.

I think Payton might be getting exposed like the Genius. Brees was the catalyst for New Orleans long run of success much like Brady in New England. Wilson doesn't have his legs anymore to escape.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
He is all over the grid iron and he covers to much space despite his lack of oily hips.
In my years of absence from the site, I checked in periodically but did not see the origin of the "oily hips" comment/description. Who was the genius commentator who came up with that one?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Another canceled Mahomes INT. Wasn't as bad as most others and I do acknowledge contact and the Broncos DB holding the WR but I don't think it would be called 100% of the time if another QB threw that ball.

Kaptain

Master
Mahomes with yet another interception called back by a fantom pass interference call. They replayed the "interference" where there appeared to be no or extemely little contact. Laugably the game announcer tried to convince it was a good call. For the record, there is not league conspiracy to favor the chiefs - just bad calls that often favor the favored team as in all sports.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Uh oh. 5 yard penalty on Riley Moss. He might be disappeared shortly.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Mahomes looking for a flag...

I wonder if Payton will put in Stidham. Can't be much worse than Wilson at this point.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
White kicker responsible for 7 of the 13 point put up so far in this game. Kelce 7 catches for 109 yards already at halftime. Watson has just been doing wind sprints down the field on every play he's been in on. From my looks, he hasn't been open much though, but he is doing his job clearing out the middle. Sucks just the same. Why no jet sweeps for the white guy? Toney has no idea how to run them, he stops and gets jacked every time when the whole idea is to just turn on the jets and GO.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This is the Travis Kelce we have watched for years. He has 7 catches for 109 yards in the first half. That's incredible.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Another canceled Mahomes INT. Wasn't as bad as most others and I do acknowledge contact and the Broncos DB holding the WR but I don't think it would be called 100% of the time if another QB threw that ball.
These are always interesting comments. When should it be called? When should it not? There was just fairly awful pass interference call on the Chiefs where the replay showed virtually no contact. Announcer sold it just like the earlier Mahomes call. Ticky-tack calls for P.I. are the norm in the NFL these days. I see it benefitting Josh Allen and Joe Burrow too, but never see cries of "rigged" from the gallery here when that happens. It's not the days of Lester Hayes anymore, although those days were better.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Mahomes is still the ugliest scrambler I've ever seen. He's effective, to be sure, but his running style is awful. No Femke Bol in his running style to be sure.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
You can tell alot about some posters personalities as some members here just love to stir the pot. Just my opinion. I do however
believe in free speech and everyone has their own views and I respect that. I don't like normie group think which equals brain dead zombies.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Its' rare to see any qb regress as quickly as Russell Wilson. The Broncos vastly overpaid for an aging past his prime qb!

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
You can tell alot about some posters personalities as some members here just love to stir the pot. Just my opinion. I do however
believe in free speech and everyone has their own views and I respect that. I don't like normie group think which equals brain dead zombies.
I just have a problem when posters cry wolf over every perceived slight. Sure, the league is corrupt as hell, but not everything is scripted to help black players. In support of white players, which is what we are here to look for, there are many positives in this game. Kelce is a beast, on defense for the Chiefs, Tranquill, Chenal and Karlaftis have been great. For the Donks, Singleton and Jewell have 13 solo tackles between them already. This is football, not Flat Earth.