2023 NFL Week 4

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting Thursday night matchup of Lions vs. Packers. On Detroit, Sam LaPorta has set an NFL record for tight ends by having at least five receptions in each of his first three games, including a long TD last week when he was wide open.

Jared Goff, written off multiple times as a bust by the mindless hive mind media and their clapping seal DWF followers, is playing very well again this season and remains a top tier QB.

Aiden Hutchinson looks great in his second season, while rookie LB Jack Campbell is starting to put up some big numbers despite not playing more than 57% of the snaps in a game yet. Oft-reviled Alex Anzalone is once again playing every snap this season as he did last year, and again the captain of the Lions' defense is putting up good numbers. Malcolm Rodriguez's playing time has been reduced in favor of Derrick Barnes thus far but hopefully he regains his starting position at some point to give the team a snowplow at the position. DE John Cominsky is playing about two-thirds of the snaps and is playing well.

The decline of the Packers into mostly a reliable Caste team has been well documented on Caste Football but they do have two rookies with star potential. TE Luke Musgrave has started right from the get-go as a rookie and looks to have all the tools necessary for success. DE Lukas Van Ness has played limited snaps so far but has gotten very good reviews, including from Crissie Collinsworth's controversial Pro Football Focus. If he doesn't have to serve a long racial apprenticeship he should become a stalwart soon.

NikoDuke

Mentor
Talking head #1
"Jordan Love said Utah State was the only school that was interested in him"

Talking head #2
"That's shocking. Shocking. How could someone with stats not get more collegiate interest"

So like 90% of White athletes??

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Cool shot of some small working class homes a block or so from Lambeau Field.

Are there any other stadiums or arenas left besides Lambeau Field that don't have a corporate (bought and paid for) name?

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Are there any other stadiums or arenas left besides Lambeau Field that don't have a corporate (bought and paid for) name?

Not any that I can think of. The Green Bay Packers can never be sold and they can never move to another state. They
fans have part ownership of the team. America 1.0 and the way things should have remained.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Packers defense getting manhandled after Goff's early mistake. Lions D-Line also dominating, I've seen Hutchison and Cominsky both make big plays.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Rudy Ford takes a horrible angle on the trick play run. Might be a career ender for a White safety, but Ford doesn't even get a mention or a perp shot.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Al Michaels has twice gone on about the supposed "chemistry" between Goff and Josh Reynolds, since both played together on the Rams. Reynolds last year was 38/479/3, an afterthought in the offense, but don't tell that to Uncle Al.

PhillyBirds

Mentor

I believe the Browns' stadium is literally just called "Cleveland Browns Stadium" after their sponsor deal expired at the end of last year.

Soldier Field springs to mind too - and I think that Arrowhead has one of the "...at Arrowhead Field" names, though everyone knows it as simply Arrowhead.

There's a few in Major League Baseball, too.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I believe the Browns' stadium is literally just called "Cleveland Browns Stadium" after their sponsor deal expired at the end of last year.

Soldier Field springs to mind too - and I think that Arrowhead has one of the "...at Arrowhead Field" names, though everyone knows it as simply Arrowhead.

There's a few in Major League Baseball, too.
Glad there's still a few left. Not sure exactly when the first one went corporate, but 30 or 40 years ago there weren't any.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Idk Jordan Love powering ticket prices may be a blessing in disguise! This may be the year to visit GB!

Rocky B

Master
I love this. The Lions look great......I just want to see more Jack Campbell.
Hutch and Anzalone with a sack as the half expires.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I think Clay Matthews looks more capable in the commercial I just saw than GBs weak OLBS

white lightning

Hall of Famer
LaPorta may just be the closest thing to Gronkowski that I've seen in a long time. The MAN cannot be stopped! Go Lions!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I love this. The Lions look great......I just want to see more Jack Campbell.
Hutch and Anzalone with a sack as the half expires.
Heck ya go Detroit! There is a first time for everything! Where the **** is @jaxvid? MOTOWN Hoe Down.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Five overachievers on the field for the Lions defense the last play

NikoDuke

Mentor
1) I'm in Detroit on Monday, will be very interested to hear the locals impression on all the overachievers leading their team.

2) I greatly enjoy watching Hutchinson play. He is a factor every time he is on the field.

Rocky B

Master
1) I'm in Detroit on Monday, will be very interested to hear the locals impression on all the overachievers leading their team.

2) I greatly enjoy watching Hutchinson play. He is a factor every time he is on the field.
Most DWF’s don’t even notice,.If AA, Hutch, Campbell, etc screw up once, they will vilify them to the nth degree. Go Lions

If they only had Zenner.........

NikoDuke

Mentor
Most DWF’s don’t even notice,.If AA, Hutch, Campbell, etc screw up once, they will vilify them to the nth degree. Go Lions

If they only had Zenner.........
Agreed regarding DWF's but, most of the people I'll be engaging with will be Black. And I'm sure they'll notice..