2023 NFL Week 14

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Steelers vs. Patriots. I'll be hoping for Mitch Trubisky to play well. He's yet another widely despised White QB, but the one positive to The Genius's train wreck of a team is that it has a strong defense so he may find tough going.

Besides Trubisky there's Pat Freiermuth, T. J. Watt, and not much else. Not even sure who's starting for the Pats at QB, probably Bailey Zappe, but they'll be fielding perhaps the worst group of receivers in NFL history. Given how The Genius moved away from the "overachievers" who sparked his great teams, that's only fitting.

Tom Brady used to dominate this rivalry when they were the two best teams in the AFC, how far they've fallen since.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Steelers vs. Patriots. I'll be hoping for Mitch Trubisky to play well. He's yet another widely despised White QB, but the one positive to The Genius's train wreck of a team is that it has a strong defense so he may find tough going.

Besides Trubisky there's Pat Freiermuth, T. J. Watt, and not much else. Not even sure who's starting for the Pats at QB, probably Bailey Zappe, but they'll be fielding perhaps the worst group of receivers in NFL history. Given how The Genius moved away from the "overachievers" who sparked his great teams, that's only fitting.

Tom Brady used to dominate this rivalry when they were the two best teams in the AFC, how far they've fallen since.

It's refreshing to see a game with two of our guys starting. Just like with the receivers position, the quarterback position needs more
of the young men to rise up. Brock Purdy has been amazing and Trevor Lawrence & others are playing good. It's not enough though
as we know every years drafts are looking to replace our guys. I hope to see alot more suprises. Will Levi should be one of them among many others.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Blake Martinez playing (finally) for Pitt. He should have little problem establishing himself as their best linebacker as they've lost a bunch to injury (like Cole Holcomb) and have been playing retreads in recent games.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Nick Herbig is in for the injured Alex Highsmith. Martinez has only played a few snaps so far.

woody39

Mentor
Awesome to see Henry and Zappe connect tonight and really pleased for Zappe to have a good game! Hopefully we end up keeping Henry next year!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Good news as Trevor Lawrence is starting today after injury knocked him out last week.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Good news as Trevor Lawrence is starting today after injury knocked him out last week.

That is good news. It looked really bad at first. Sadly, Taysom Hill will likely miss today's game.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Lawrence is showing how tough he is as high ankle sprains usually mean missing three or more games.

Maxx Crosby is another one, playing through a knee injury that would sideline just about anyone else.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I am always hesitant to do my matchup summaries but would like to see Zach Wilson have a big game today, the Bucs, Rams and Lions win as well. The Ravens are the only team with their starting QB intact so them losing would be a good thing for the divisional races. Perhaps Browning will have another strong perfomance against the Colts.

jphoss

Mentor
Really want to see Kupp have a big day otherwise I’m starting to think he’s playing injured

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Flacco marches the Browns down the field for a TD.

What were the odds at the beginning of the season that Cleveland would start a White QB at some point? About a thousand to one against.

Flacco marches the Browns down the field for a TD.

What were the odds at the beginning of the season that Cleveland would start a White QB at some point? About a thousand to one against.
Wingard gets the perp shot despite playing on the opposite side of the field. Guilty of being the only guy within 10 yards of the receiver on a busted coverage. Never noticed how often whites get the perp shot on plays they had nothing to do with until I joined this site, but now I can't unsee it.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Really want to see Kupp have a big day otherwise I’m starting to think he’s playing injured
he’s definitely playing injured. dude is tough and cares more about winning than stats, even if it hurts him personally (in more ways than one).

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Lions continue to play down to the level of their opponents. Frustrating.