2023 NFL Preseason

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Preaseason kicks off tonight with the Jets-Browns. Not much in this game outside of monitoring the development of Zach Wilson. The Browns are certainly living up to their name. Will be rooting against them all season.

Rocky B

Master
Preaseason kicks off tonight with the Jets-Browns. Not much in this game outside of monitoring the development of Zach Wilson. The Browns are certainly living up to their name. Will be rooting against them all season.
I noticed all QBs for CLV are quotas....

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I noticed all QBs for CLV are quotas....
It used to be Philly but I guess Cleveland is now the city for brotherly love. Yeah no push for the magical quarterbacks. Only everywhere we
look. Pretty soon Pop Warner Football will do the same with the little kids. This sucks!

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Preseason games tonight. Zappe got the start over Mac Jones not sure why. Looks like Stroud has thrown an Int - dat upside

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Preseason games tonight. Zappe got the start over Mac Jones not sure why. Looks like Stroud has thrown an Int - dat upside
From what I've read and from watching the first series of the game, Jones is sitting because he's pretty secure in his starting position, at least for now as you never know for sure with the fickle "Genius." There's no QB controversy in New England that I'm aware of, which is as it should be. Jones had a nice rookie season before The Genius brought in the idiot Matt Patricia to ruin the offense last year. Bill O'Brien was a super Caste Clown while coaching Houston but he at least knows something about offense and how to develop quarterbacks.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
From what I've read and from watching the first series of the game, Jones is sitting because he's pretty secure in his starting position, at least for now as you never know for sure with the fickle "Genius." There's no QB controversy in New England that I'm aware of, which is as it should be. Jones had a nice rookie season before The Genius brought in the idiot Matt Patricia to ruin the offense last year. Bill O'Brien was a super Caste Clown while coaching Houston but he at least knows something about offense and how to develop quarterbacks.
Agreed. I do believe Bill O’Brien coaches Jones for a year at Alabama. Belichek has held a masterclass for how to completely destroy your legacy. We can only root for Jones to have a strong season and rise above the less than ideal situation he has been put in.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Texans TE Dalton Keene with a 1 yard rush TD and WR Alex Bachman with a TD reception as well continuing his tradition as a preseason standout that gets screwed over during cuts.

Kurt Hinish and Winovich also with sacks for the Texans.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Bachman is a stud but is a honkey and guaranteed to get cut. Makes my blood boil.

jacque

Guru
Seahawks have a Safety from Montana state out there Ty Okada, 2 recievers Bobo and Thompson, and a few LBs.

NikoDuke

Mentor
Undrafted Rookie WR free agent Jake Bobo with the 29 yard catch for the Seahawks!
Seahawks have a Safety from Montana state out there Ty Okada, 2 recievers Bobo and Thompson, and a few LBs.
Okada is an interesting player to watch and could be an impact player if not for the caste system.
Former QB who can read the offense well and a pure athlete; 41 inch vert/ 4.4 40.
Hoping he's given a real chance.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Bobo did stand out during the game last night. He is said to lack speed but looked plenty quick enough. Looked at some scouting reports and of course they're mostly garbage -- for example the clown Lance Zierlein claims Bobo is "labored and ineffective getting out of his breaks" among many other negative descriptions.

Bobo's biggest problem is the team he's on, as Seattle is always among the very blackest teams during the long Chompin' Pete Carroll era, usually with just one or two White starters, which hardly bodes well for Bobo and Cody Thompson. The best likely scenario is that one of the two sticks as the last WR and is used mostly as a WSTD and maybe more due to injury or non-performance.

He is getting a fair amount of favorable publicity, however, so let's hope he sticks and manages to get some playing time. https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/new...ag-mock-game-training-camp-roster-depth-chart

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
A few other notes from the Seattle - Vikings game:

NC State return man/WR Thayer Thomas is on the Vikings roster. He unfortunately had a fumble last night. He did notch 2 receptions as well.

Also nice to see the BYU quota struggle for the Vikings. It's obvious that the Vikings got the memo to darken up and their black african GM is doing his part.

Nice to see Drew Lock play well. He's still a young QB and the reps can only help. I still maintain he has one of the top arms in the game. His TD pass to Bobo was very nice.

Bobo was always productive in college. If I recall he ran a very slow 40 this spring at his pro day. He of course did not get a combine or senior bowl invite.

QB Holton Ahlers looks to have played decent as well (I did see his long run and TD pass - credit to the receiver for going back to the ball). With that said Ahlers was one of the more egregious omissions from the mainstream draft process - No combine, no senior bowl, no shrine bowl) despite having the production and supposed athletic profile of the QB position (except if you are an undersized black like Murray, Young etc.)

Noticed that the uber-productive Levi Bell is playing DE/LB for the Seahawks and he notched a sack and had some other impact plays.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Watching the Steelers - Bucs game

Pickett looked very sharp in his only drive in the game. Mayfield started a little slow but has played well since. Anthony Nelson and Nolan Turner both started for the Bucs. Hopefully Turner makes the team, my guess is Nelson will be getting plenty of playing time.

Early box score watching from other games:

Clint Ratkovich sighting for the Falcons. Sean Clifford averaging 11.2 yards a throw - Jordan Love a whopping 4.6 - get ready for check downs in Title Town!

El Gringo

Mentor
Texans TE Dalton Keene with a 1 yard rush TD and WR Alex Bachman with a TD reception as well continuing his tradition as a preseason standout that gets screwed over during cuts.

Kurt Hinish and Winovich also with sacks for the Texans.

Glad to see Keene punch one in against the “Genius” who drafted him and failed to utilize his talents.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Watching the Steelers - Bucs game

Pickett looked very sharp in his only drive in the game. Mayfield started a little slow but has played well since. Anthony Nelson and Nolan Turner both started for the Bucs. Hopefully Turner makes the team, my guess is Nelson will be getting plenty of playing time.

Early box score watching from other games:

Clint Ratkovich sighting for the Falcons. Sean Clifford averaging 11.2 yards a throw - Jordan Love a whopping 4.6 - get ready for check downs in Title Town!
I watched the local pre-game coverage on KDKA here and then the first quarter. The pre-game coverage centered around the (decidedly not) "great" Elandon Roberts, the mediocre ILB signed by the Steelers during the offseason. And secondarily about Kwon Alexander, another mediocre ILB signed off the street recently. Literally not a word about Cole Holcomb until Charley Batch mentioned him near the end of the first quarter.

Pickett did look sharp. I'm looking forward to seeing how much improvement he makes this season as they let him throw the ball downfield more as well as continue to play ball control. I expect him to be yet another White QB who the media has mostly low expectations of who "surprisingly" does very well in his second season.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I watched the local pre-game coverage on KDKA here and then the first quarter. The pre-game coverage centered around the (decidedly not) "great" Elandon Roberts, the mediocre ILB signed by the Steelers during the offseason. And secondarily about Kwon Alexander, another mediocre ILB signed off the street recently. Literally not a word about Cole Holcomb until Charley Batch mentioned him near the end of the first quarter.

Pickett did look sharp. I'm looking forward to seeing how much improvement he makes this season as they let him throw the ball downfield more as well as continue to play ball control. I expect him to be yet another White QB who the media has mostly low expectations of who "surprisingly" does very well in his second season.

The Lame Stream Media is only in love with the magical athletes with the big cheesy smiles. They dream about them at night. Yes
Pickett has looked very good so far. Great arm strength but you will only hear that here. Our media has been bought & sold for decades.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Broncos play the Cardinals tonight. Hoping to see Riley Moss get some good reps! Fingers crossed! Not sure if the
Midget Murray is playing but would love to see him get an interception.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Broncos play the Cardinals tonight. Hoping to see Riley Moss get some good reps! Fingers crossed! Not sure if the
Midget Murray is playing but would love to see him get an interception.

Moss is out for preseason. He had core surgery last week.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Moss is out for preseason. He had core surgery last week.

Damn it. I didn't know. Thanks for the update. Man our guys need to stay healthy. The road is tough enough. Hope
he recovers quickly as we all here know just how talented the kid is!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Nick Herbig already with 2 sacks in the third quarter (don't think he played in the first half but I haven't watched the entire game). He's already developing into a "mini-T.J." and even that complimentary nickname may not give him enough credit for how good he's looked all through training camp and again tonight.

WR Cade Warner, son of Kurt, is in for Tampa and has a catch. Patrick Laird also playing in the second half and has a carry.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Lot of White receivers in the Lions vs Giants game.

Chase Cota 3 catches for 44 yards.
Cole Beasley the leading receiver for the Giants.
David Sills still hanging around with a 14 yard catch.

Edit: Brady Breeze sighting. Glad he’s still trying to break through with the Lions but he seems clearly buried at 3rd team depth.

Edit II: DeVito with a nice 22 yard completion to Sills. Sills now the leading Giants receiver.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Lot of White receivers in the Lions vs Giants game.

Chase Cota 3 catches for 44 yards.
Cole Beasley the leading receiver for the Giants.
David Sills still hanging around with a 14 yard catch.

Chase Cota has that star factor about him. If they get him the ball early & often he should have a good rookie year.