2023 NFL Draft

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Jake Haener is closer to Drew Brees than Bryce Young. Both Haener and Bennett are not prototypical in their size and lasted until the 4th round. Haener was fun to watch at Fresno St, he ran around and made plays - he wasn't put into a situation where it was plug and play like Bryce Young. Same can be said for Bennett who is essentially the same prospect Young was besides age. Bryce Young gets drafted number one overall with minimal criticism during the draft process and universal acceptance that his size will not hinder him. The two White QBs of a similar physical stature have their size as a check mark against them. Funny how that works.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Charlie Jones is the one I'm really hoping gets taken soon. The longer he lasts, the longer his likely racial apprenticeship. . .

Argh, I'm happy for Jones, but that's a crowded WR room he's entering. Hopefully he gets some playing time early and doesn't have to serve an apprenticeship.

TwentyTwo

Master
Charlie Jones to the BENGALS!!!! Yes indeed!!! Another weapon for Joe Burrow!

CONGRATS to Jake Haener & Stetson Bennett!! Nice landing spots too!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Steelers take Herbig, another team that already has two White starting LBs, but still a good pick.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t think they can afford Higgins and Chase, so he may get a chance. Perfect QB to play for.
Agree, Higgins will likely go the FA route as Burrow will cost a fortune to retain

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
By Caste System standards this has been a very good fourth round.