2023 Colorado State Rams

Claimjumper

Mentor
Since 2005 the Rams have started 15, 16, 17, 15, 14, 13, 12, 8, 8, 9, 7, 5, 8, 7, 6, and 6 whites. A shocking rise up to 11 this year under 2nd year coach Jay Norvell and Nevada Transfer Clay Millen and their first in the double digits since 2013 with Jim McElwain and Grayson Allen . This team had a lot of hype surrounding it last year but was just as disappointing and boring to watch as the last 10 or so iterations.

Offense
Clay Millen - QB
Dallas Holker - TE
Oliver Jervis - LG
Jacob Gardner - C
Andrew Cannon - RG
Drew Moss - RT

Defense
Grady Kelly - DE
Chase Wilson - LB
Henry Blackburn - S
Jack Howell - S
Ayden Hector - DB

Two Deep
Brayden Fowler - Nicolosi - QB
Dawson Menegatti - WR
Dane Olson - WR
Cameron Cooper - OL
Keegan Hamilton - OL
Bobby Lawrence - OL

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Well 10 pale faces is still pretty good. Did we have a nickname, similar to Snowplow or Snow Patrol, for when a team starts 2 White safeties?

TwentyTwo

Master
A door looks to be opening this coming Saturday Week #5 for former WALK -ON RB Vann Schield (rs Soph. 5'-11" 215 ) w couple of injured Rams RB's. He began his career at D2 CSU-Pueblo.

.....Common theme lately ...LED the "Spring game"

Scheild actually got 6 carries for 12 yards +1 rec 12 yards last week vs. Middle Tenn St....slipped past me for Week 4 Stats

THANKS El Gringo for the Hawai'i Travis/Landon Sims article in the College Week 4 thread

7a4a66cc160332e479a79e7780bc2dca

Starting TWO Safeties in the FBS is definitely an attention-getter Freethinker!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Well 10 pale faces is still pretty good. Did we have a nickname, similar to Snowplow or Snow Patrol, for when a team starts 2 White safeties?
I believe we call them the Tuskegee Airmen. Lol jk we do need a name for 2 safety tandem!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
A door looks to be opening this coming Saturday Week #5 for former WALK -ON RB Vann Schield (rs Soph. 5'-11" 215 ) w couple of injured Rams RB's. He began his career at D2 CSU-Pueblo.

.....Common theme lately ...LED the "Spring game"

Scheild actually got 6 carries for 12 yards +1 rec 12 yards last week vs. Middle Tenn St....slipped past me for Week 4 Stats

THANKS El Gringo for the Hawai'i Travis/Landon Sims article in the College Week 4 thread

7a4a66cc160332e479a79e7780bc2dca

Starting TWO Safeties in the FBS is definitely an attention-getter Freethinker!
Great news. Morrow was 3 yards and a cloud of dust back. Good opportunity for the overachiever, Schield!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I believe we call them the Tuskegee Airmen. Lol jk we do need a name for 2 safety tandem!
Hahaha, its a tough one. Playing on that theme, maybe the Waffen-SS. WSS. White Starting Safeties. Lol, probably too edgy.

I was thinking in the rare occurrence a team starts an entirely White defensive line that could be called an Avalanche.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Hahaha, its a tough one. Playing on that theme, maybe the Waffen-SS. WSS. White Starting Safeties. Lol, probably too edgy.

I was thinking in the rare occurrence a team starts an entirely White defensive line that could be called an Avalanche.
An all white starting defense in the nfl or d1 ??? No shot

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
An all white starting defense in the nfl or d1 ??? No shot
I said defensive line. As in, 3 or 4 White men depending on the base defense. If a team started 11 White men on defense, I’d call that a blitzkrieg!

SneakyQuick

Mentor
It’s true. An all white defense would be more than an avalanche, it would be a miracle!