2023 Colorado Buffaloes

Claimjumper

Mentor
Since 2005 the Buffaloes have started 10, 11, 9, 9, 12, 12, 14, 15, 13, 7, 8, 8, 7, 8, 6, 7, and 6 whites.

The much hyped Deion "Coach Crime" Sanders is in his first season at HBCU and will be looking to make waves at a program that hasnt been nationally relevant since 2001 with his arsenal of recruits and transfers in tow. This will be the schools 4th go at black head coach out of 5 after getting Willie Taggert-esque performances out of Jon Embree, Mel Tucker, and Karl Dorrell beforehand.

Look for about 4-5 this year depending on how the O Line shakes up
Offense
Gerad Christian-Lichtenhan - LT
Jack Wilty - RG
Louis Passarello - TE

Defense
Trevor Woods - S

Two Deep
Landon Bebee - OL
Jack Bailey - OL
Carter Edwards - OL
Jack Seavall
Ryan Staub - QB
Caleb Fauria - TE

*Although likely not to be in the two deep depth chart, one to watch will be running back Charlie Offerdahl, a sophomore and local product from the Denver suburbs. Last year he walked on and amassed 37 carries and 150 yards - the most by a walk-on in school history.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Rooting against this team! Hated Sanders as a kid and his antics. He's the template for the modern black athlete and the general buffoonery, poor fundamentals and me first attitude that are core to their existence.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
How many arrests will Colorado have this year? I’m calling at least 4.. Affletes will be terrorizing Boulder next few years.

Claimjumper

Mentor

Coach Prime's making Colorado "Black America's team"​

Russell Contreras
1695048447468.jpg

Deion Sanders has made Boulder, Colorado, the improbable center of the sports world.
Why it matters: In Sanders' first year, he's led the once-hapless Colorado Buffaloes to a 3-0 start. Among his biggest supporters — Black fans around the country.
The big picture: Black households have been glued to the Buffs' first few televised games.
  • Celebrities from Snoop Dogg to Dwayne Johnson are hyping the Buffs.
  • Black teachers, with no previous connections to Colorado, on social media call Sanders an inspiration.
Details: Sanders, aka Coach Prime, led the Buffs to a dramatic 43-35 double-overtime win over Colorado State on Saturday.
  • Lil Wayne, the Wu-Tang Clan and several NFL stars were among those on hand to watch the game as both ESPN's "College GameDay" and Fox's "Big Noon Kickoff" broadcasted pre-game shows from Boulder.
  • Superstars like LeBron James posted moments from the game on social media, including praising Colorado players' athletic actions.
Zoom in: Not since the Los Angeles Raiders of the 1980s or Michigan's men's basketball team The Fab Five of the 1990s has a team captivated Black America and hip-hop culture like the Buffs have so far.
  • Carl Suddler, an associate professor of history at Emory University, tells Axios that watching Sanders receive this kind of support from Black folks on social media has been exciting in the early weeks of the season.
  • "In this 'new age' of college football, he seems to be a one-of-a-kind draw — and hire — that may have more staying power than college football folks may have initially expected."
By the numbers: Colorado Buffaloes merchandise has become some of the hottest sports gear with sales skyrocketing over 800% from last season.
  • Shirts and hoodies with Prime quotes "We Coming" or "I ain't hard to find" are, well, hard to find.
Catch up quick: Sanders took over a program that was 1-11 last season and used the transfer protocol to revamp the team with former players from historically Black colleges and universities.
  • He warned players from the previous Colorado Buffaloes team they might not have a spot and urged them to leave to make room for other players.
  • During the first game, Colorado shocked the college football world by beating TCU, last year's national title runner-up, 45-42, in a contest that drew a large Black TV audience.
What he's saying: "It's tremendous. It's not a burden whatsoever. It's a blessing," Sanders told reporters after being asked about people comparing Colorado to the Fab Five or being called Black America's Team.
  • Sanders said his players weren't even born when those other teams were playing but his older coaches know and see similarities.

• "I don't think our young men inside that locker room understand the moment."
Zoom out: Sanders, known for his swag and boasting, has brought that personality to Colorado and drawn criticism from other college coaches.
  • Yet that swag once displayed by Muhammad Ali, Jack Johnson and scores of Negro League baseball players is attractive to many Black Americans in the face of discrimination.
  • "So many people hold on to the misguided belief that there are 'right ways' to do something, to achieve the highest success in sports. And that 'right way' for Black folks ought to be as far from flashy as possible," Suddler said.
Yes, but: While Black America is embracing the Colorado Buffaloes, Boulder is a town with a Black population of 1%.
Nearby Denver has a Black population of 9%, and its Five Points neighborhood was once called the "Harlem of the West."
  • The historic Black neighborhood where Billie Holiday, Duke Ellington and Miles Davis once performed in packed rooms has become a major base for Sanders' support.
What's next: No. 19 Colorado Buffaloes take on No. 10 Oregon on Saturday in what will likely be the weekend's most-watched college football matchup.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Yup the Wakanda Buffalos! Please please Oregon kick the crap out of them this weekend. 60+ points coming up.

booth

Mentor
The DB for Colorado State is receiving death threats and his home address has been posted on the internet. His family has also received death threats. Sanders could denounce this and put a stop to this if he would. I have disliked Sanders ever since he threw water on Tim McCarver and that was in 93 or 94.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Well it’s open season on Whitey in this Country. Sad state of affairs.. I agree With CSU HC, Norvell on this one. Was a bang bang play. Sometimes shift happens. But there is definitely a racial angle to this all.

Last edited:

NikoDuke

Mentor
Well it’s open season on Whitey in this Country. Sad state of affairs.. I agree With CSU HC, Norvell on this one. Was a bang bang play. Sometimes shift happens. But there is definitely a racial angle to this all.
With Blacks in America there is ALWAYS a racial angle to everything...We need to always remember that and act accordingly..

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Not that we're desperately searching for reasons to defend Sanders, but he offered a pretty clear condemnation of the threats at his press conference. Hard to know what he's thinking sometimes, but he's on the money here:

"Henry Blackburn. I want you guys to record this and run with this,” Sanders said. “Henry Blackburn is a good player who played a phenomenal game. He made a tremendous hit on Travis on the sideline – you can call it dirty, you can call it he was just playing the game of football – but whatever it was, it does not constitute that he should be receiving death threats.”

This is still a young man trying to make it in life, a guy that’s trying to live his dream and hopefully graduate with honors or a degree, committed to excellence and go to the NFL,” Sanders said. “He does not deserve a death threat over a game. At the end of the day, this is a game. Someone must win, someone must lost. Everybody continues their life the next day. Very unfortunate.

“I’m saddened if there is any of our fans on the other side of those threats. I would hope and pray not, but that kid was just playing the best of his ability and he made a mistake. So I forgive him. CU, our team forgives him. Travis, he’s forgiven him. Let’s move on. But that kid does not deserve that."

jphoss

Mentor
Glad his coach had his back. The death threats are ridiculous and hopefully they catch the people doing it. On the football side this backlash is so disproportionate I bet Blackburn doubles down and continues his tough play

that is just a run of the mill hit, Sanders has put a bullseye on his player's backs and if i were coaching against him my players would dish out punishment as (nothing above the neck or at the knees)

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I can appreciate the sentiment and calling out the lunacy of fans sending death threats to Blackburn. I do find it odd that he felt compelled to say they (Colorado) forgave him. Blackburn made a football hit and granting "forgiveness" for that seems a bit off if you ask me.

NikoDuke

Mentor
I suppose its admirable that Sanders came out and stated that death threats against Blackburn aren't warranted. But, it's really too little, too late.

Blackburn was attacked cause he is a White football player who got the better of a black football player. That's the main reason. In 2023 any interaction between a Black and any other race is only supposed to go 1 way & this went the other way...
And Sanders has created this narrative that Colorado is a Black versus the world team. So he is partially responsible for any attacks that Blackburn have gotten.

The other key point is that now Blackburn will play differently and will most likely have lost his edge..

El Gringo

Mentor
I suppose its admirable that Sanders came out and stated that death threats against Blackburn aren't warranted. But, it's really too little, too late.

Blackburn was attacked cause he is a White football player who got the better of a black football player. That's the main reason. In 2023 any interaction between a Black and any other race is only supposed to go 1 way & this went the other way...
And Sanders has created this narrative that Colorado is a Black versus the world team. So he is partially responsible for any attacks that Blackburn have gotten.

The other key point is that now Blackburn will play differently and will most likely have lost his edge..

Yeah I agree with this! Sanders, maybe unknowingly, which I doubt because he seems to have very good situational awareness , caused all this with his 75% black men team etc making it about race. Which I have no problem with at all but it’s the double standard that pisses me off. Obviously if a white man would’ve said this all hell would’ve broke loose he would’ve lost a job and may be committed of a hate crime. Sanders for some reason pushes the narrative that blacks are discriminated against sports, which we all know is ridiculous. On a positive note at least he starts a white safety.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I tend to think it was bang bang play because if he wanted to be dirty he could have skulled the defenseless receiver. I don't know if anybody mentioned but Gunner O. received a hit in similar part of the body this week in the NFL after catching the ball for a split second and received a concussion.

The bread basket area is vulnerable area in football. I heard a commentator mention that Hunter may not have had his head on swivel because at HCBU level defenders aren't that aggressive and swift to the ball.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
I saw a segment on Fox where Clatt and other talking heads speculated Sanders won't turn pro until he has to because he will make more for less in college. This reminds of the early days in the NFL where a few stars talked about making more in college with under the table money then playing in the NFL.

Emperor

How many arrests will Colorado have this year? I’m calling at least 4.. Affletes will be terrorizing Boulder next few years.
And they will consider it a privilege in Boulder to be pillaged by these people.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Conservacucks love bragging about reducing black unemployment numbers and bending over and or worshipping blacks in sports. Seems it will never change even as race relations worsen.

jacque

Guru
Buffalo slaughtered by Oregon.

Sanders it trying to bring in the illiterate retard Warren Sapp as a coach. Watch an interview, he speaks like a 5 year old, and lost his personal speech therapist after failing to pay him. While he’s there, he can teach the boys how to beat prostitutes, acquire domestic abuse charges, and teach them how to manage their NIL money with his experience in filing for bankruptcy and being $900,000 late on child support

SneakyQuick

Mentor

Sanders it trying to bring in the illiterate retard Warren Sapp as a coach. Watch an interview, he speaks like a 5 year old, and lost his personal speech therapist after failing to pay him. While he’s there, he can teach the boys how to beat prostitutes, acquire domestic abuse charges, and teach them how to manage their NIL money with his experience in filing for bankruptcy and being $900,000 late on child support
U of Miami product in the 90s who is bankrupt despite having made millions? No it can’t be!!!

900k late on child support? Say it ain’t say so, Coach Sapp!!!

white is right

Hall of Famer

Isn't Sapp a convicted felon?

I thought robbing prostitutes is a felony, I guess his lawyers bargained the robbery charges down to a misdemeanor. With Sapp's love of prostitution I expect some idiotic student athlete will record a scene like this after a Colorado wins next year with Sapp doing his stupid bunny hop....

PS the game was so bad yesterday I never watched more than a few minutes and only played it in the background as I watched the boxing card in England. If the game was a boxing match it would have been a mercy stoppage similar to the heavyweight fight yesterday.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Man nepotism at it's finest here topped off with a lack of humility and zero self-awareness. Deion Sanders essentially blames everyone but his son LOL. That is the way I take it. I haven't heard this angle being spoken with regarding Daniel Jones or Mac Jones getting constantly beat up due to the woeful inefficiency of their respective offensive lines. Unreal stuff!

The truth is the younger Sanders is a lot like his father in terms of being an a-hole, look at me, me first type. The you know what mentality has now gripped the QB position. If Sanders were a successful White hall of fame football player and he had his son out there as the QB and stuff like this was said the media would be all over the White player calling him entitled and a beneficiary of nepotism. Perhaps I am overreacting or perhaps my black fatigue is speaking. I don't think I am out of line on this one though. If anything the current Colorado Buffaloes illustrate everything wrong with black Amerika.

https://www.on3.com/college/colorad...s-discusses-frustration-from-shedeur-sanders/

Deion Sanders and the Colorado enjoyed a 27-24 victory over Arizona State over the weekend. It was a return to form for the Buffaloes, and a much needed win after some tough performances.

e0dd2acd3574679864cd76965aa5dce2.png

Quarterback Shedeur Sanders balled out once again, but he was visibly upset at times during the victory over the Sun Devils. Speaking with the media afterwards, Coach Prime explained where the frustration is coming from for Sanders.

“He’s mad. He’s upset with the way this looks,” Sanders said. “He’s upset with the way it’s going. He’s upset with hit after hit after hit. You think he’s happy, being the most sacked guy in college football? He’s still doing what he’s capable of doing. He’s sick of it.”

Still, Sanders led a game-winning drive that secured a win for Colorado, coming up big when it mattered most for his team.

“Every drive is key. He always does this,” the Colorado leader added. “You see it every week, this ain’t new for him. You’ve seen this every week. We’ve seen him do this every week. It’s like we wait for him to put on his cape and do what he does. That’s what he does every week. You guys should be accustomed to it by now.”

Shedeur Sanders has announced himself to the college football world, even while the Buffaloes’ offensive line has faltered. Colorado has some more winnable games coming up, and the quarterback will look to continue to impress in the coming weeks.

Deion Sanders and the Colorado enjoyed a 27-24 victory over Arizona State over the weekend. It was a return to form for the Buffaloes, and a much needed win after some tough performances.

e0dd2acd3574679864cd76965aa5dce2.png

Quarterback Shedeur Sanders balled out once again, but he was visibly upset at times during the victory over the Sun Devils. Speaking with the media afterwards, Coach Prime explained where the frustration is coming from for Sanders.

“He’s mad. He’s upset with the way this looks,” Sanders said. “He’s upset with the way it’s going. He’s upset with hit after hit after hit. You think he’s happy, being the most sacked guy in college football? He’s still doing what he’s capable of doing. He’s sick of it.”

Still, Sanders led a game-winning drive that secured a win for Colorado, coming up big when it mattered most for his team.

“Every drive is key. He always does this,” the Colorado leader added. “You see it every week, this ain’t new for him. You’ve seen this every week. We’ve seen him do this every week. It’s like we wait for him to put on his cape and do what he does. That’s what he does every week. You guys should be accustomed to it by now.”

Shedeur Sanders has announced himself to the college football world, even while the Buffaloes’ offensive line has faltered. Colorado has some more winnable games coming up, and the quarterback will look to continue to impress in the coming weeks.