2023 College Football Week 7

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Week 7 is here already. Tuesday night football.

La Tech vs MTSU - WRs Justin Olson and Holden Willis both having great seasons to this point. Hopefully the QB Nick Vattiato has a complete game this week. Would like to see the Blue Raiders somehow make a bowl game but they have to pretty much win out. La Tech has a young QB Jack Turner starting now - will be one to watch out for in the next few years hopefully.

Liberty vs Jacksonville St - Hopefully Smothers gets his job back this week from the quota. Liberty is a Junior SEC squad.

Coastal Carolina vs App St - Hopefully Grayson McCall has a strong second half of the season. He needs to improve his draft stock.

TwentyTwo

Master
Nice write up!

Looks like had his best game of the season so far ! Grayson McCall passed for 373 yards & 2 TD's in a crucial win vs App State

INSANE entering this season he had a remarkable 78 career TD's & just 8 INT's .....but this Sr. season ; he entered last nights game with only 6 TD's & 6 INT's!
Could he be the next Mr Irrelevant?

6'-4" WR Holden Willis showed his wheels on 60 yard TD catch! Had 4 - 103 !

Dumb azz announcer called him a "Tight End" ...i should take his job!

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Nice catch and run by Willis! Olson and Willis give MTSU a formidable honkey duo at WR!

chris371

Mentor
Willis should be an outside receiver. He outruns DBs. Reminds me of a Jeremy Shockey play where He lined up out wide and just outran the smaller black DB on a fly route.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
WVU WR Hudson Clement with the go-ahead TD with 12 seconds left!

NVM...WVU gives up a last second hail mary. Big 12 defenses!!

Last edited:

TwentyTwo

Master
West Virginia now career high 391 yards passing from QB Garrett Greene just completed a 50 yard TD Pass to Redshirt Freshman Hudson Clement with 12 seconds left in the game. Finished 2 rec 59 yards; had impressive Avg 23.9 per catch! 10-239- 3 TD's on the season!

6'-7" TE Kole Taylor 5- 62 - 1.....WR/Punt Returner Preston Fox had a 31 yard catch

But Houston just won on a last second hail mary ; WR Joe Manjack finished with 4 rec 55 yards & TD: tipped the ball in air for game winner
Former Walk - on WR Dalton Carnes had a couple catches.

Hey Leonardfan! Was posting left the room ; came back; your on it~!

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Looking towards the weekend:

Not much tomorrow night - Tulane - Memphis: Curious to see if Pratt plays tomorrow for Tulane, he has been injured this season. A good QB who can declare or return for one more season.

On Saturday:

UGA vs Vanderbilt - Beck seems to be getting more comfortable for the Bulldogs and should have a big day against the Commodores. Hopefully they continue to get Bowers involved and he has a big game, same with McConkey. I noticed Vanderbilt has gone back to the once promising Ken Seals at QB. He played well as a freshman a few years ago before being caste aside for a now transferred quota and an underperforming AJ Swann.

Indiana vs Michigan - Probably another Michigan blowout. McCarthy throws the ball 20 times hits 13 of them for 200 yards and a TD. The Wolverines are very formulaic.

Ohio St vs Purdue - Hoping for a strong game from McCord who seems to be settling into the job.

Oregon vs Washington - Big game for Bo Nix to hopefully outshine the media's system QB black quarterback heisman hype job.

Texas A&M vs Tennessee - I just hate the Volunteers more than the Aggies. I also think Max Johnson is a good QB and would like to see an upset here as Volunteer fans were talking national championship this year.

Florida vs South Carolina - Graham Mertz is completing 80% of his passes this year which is a huge and pleasant surprise. He also gets WR Ricky Pearsall involved in the offense.

Iowa vs Wisconsin - A game of offensive offenses. Iowa's defense is still good but the change at QB has me a little less interested.

USC vs Notre Dame - Notre Dame is the only quality defense the Trojans will have faced up to this point. Hopefully the Irish can implement a little more of what made Hartman the dynamic player he was at Wake Forest. Last week vs Louisville was pretty embarrassing for the Irish.

Miami vs UNC - Van Dyke played poorly against Ga Tech but the coaching decision to not kneel led to a fumble and the game winning play by the Yellow Jackets. Drake Maye continues to fly under the radar but he's a Justin Herbert like talent.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Willis should be an outside receiver. He outruns DBs. Reminds me of a Jeremy Shockey play where He lined up out wide and just outran the smaller black DB on a fly route.

That's what I call putting on the jets! Willis has some serious wheels!

Phall

Master
Iowa (+9.5) @ Wisconsin, 4pm on FOX, is surely our "Game of the Week," even though it will be lousy football (the over/under is a ridiculously low 34).

Wisconsin will be in **total control** of the Big Ten West with a win, as their lone loss was to a Pac12 team (Washington State, which looks less bad at this point in the season). Iowa's second B10 loss would put them (and Purdue) two games behind Wisconsin in the standings while conceding the tie-breaker.

I would like to see, at the least, a few "gadget" plays for Cooper DeJean on offense. He's a better cornerback and athlete than Colorado's two-way HBCU "star" Travis Hunter. The team is desperate, and pathetic OC Brian Ferentz is allegedly coaching for his job. Make this happen!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm shocked Wisconsin has had a good year so far. Iowa is about where I expected them to be. The game of the day and possibly the
whole weekend here. Go Iowa! Sorry Bucky but I think most of us here are pulling for the Hawkeyes! :cool:

Rocky B

Master
For some reason , I’m watching Stanford vs Colorado. Filkins has been in there most of the time, but they refuse to run the ball......Colorado is up 14-0 after one quarter. It’s like Criminals vs Catholics from back in the day...
No carries for Filkins or Smith Jr. Stanford just isn’t Stanford anymore.

For some reason , I’m watching Stanford vs Colorado. Filkins has been in there most of the time, but they refuse to run the ball......Colorado is up 14-0 after one quarter. It’s like Criminals vs Catholics from back in the day...
No carries for Filkins or Smith Jr. Stanford just isn’t Stanford anymore.
Turned this one off a while ago - it was 29-0. Tuned back in and Stanford just won in 2OT. Crazy collapse for Coach Prime's squad. No big standouts on the box score for Stanford, a black WR put up 294 receiving yards and was basically their whole offense. But the team overall is one of the whitest in the country so a big win nonetheless.

Justin Lamson (QB) - 7 carries 30 yards
Tiger Bachmeier (half Asian, WR) - 3 rec 38 yards
Bryce Farrell (WR) - 4 carries 21 yards, 4 rec 26 yards
Benjamin Yurosek (TE) - 3 carries 11 yards, 1 rec 12 yards
Casey Filkins (RB) - 2 carries 9 yards

El Gringo

Mentor
West Virginia now career high 391 yards passing from QB Garrett Greene just completed a 50 yard TD Pass to Redshirt Freshman Hudson Clement with 12 seconds left in the game. Finished 2 rec 59 yards; had impressive Avg 23.9 per catch! 10-239- 3 TD's on the season!

6'-7" TE Kole Taylor 5- 62 - 1.....WR/Punt Returner Preston Fox had a 31 yard catch

But Houston just won on a last second hail mary ; WR Joe Manjack finished with 4 rec 55 yards & TD: tipped the ball in air for game winner
Former Walk - on WR Dalton Carnes had a couple catches.

Hey Leonardfan! Was posting left the room ; came back; your on it~!

Dead silence from the color commentator after such a huge play by Clement and Greene. He was obviously disappointed!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Dead silence from the color commentator after such a huge play by Clement and Greene. He was obviously disappointed!

I love it when they cry when our guys help get the win. We have to celebrate these little victories among battles. The war
is far from over but you need those little wins to keep on fighting. Thanks for the update!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Glad Colorado endured the most embarrassing loss of the season in college football. Always fun to see Whites mock blacks too

F8YXqBoWEAA3baO

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
Glad Colorado endured the most embarrassing loss of the season in college football. Always fun to see Whites mock blacks too

F8YXqBoWEAA3baO
I turned off the game when it was 22 to nothing as Stanford wasn't generating any offense. Then as I was falling asleep and the radio announcer mentioned the game turned on it's head and Stanford had all the momentum. Another lesson for Sanders this isn't the HBCU you have to play 4 quarter football in DI.

sprintstar

Mentor
props where props are due...the black receiver for Stanford played extremely well and made a highlight reel catch for the touchdown.... Sanders players were showboating, gloating etc during the first 3 quarters...this type of behavior always comes back to bite you in the ass....
Any coach or player who nicknames themselves "Prime" is a joke...especially Dion Sanders...

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
props where props are due...the black receiver for Stanford played extremely well and made a highlight reel catch for the touchdown.... Sanders players were showboating, gloating etc during the first 3 quarters...this type of behavior always comes back to bite you in the ass....
Any coach or player who nicknames themselves "Prime" is a joke...especially Dion Sanders...

I believe alot of those yards came against the "best player in college football" and "he is him" Travis Hunter. My guess is Hunter is going to be another big time hype job that fails to live up to it.

woody39

Mentor
Off and running with the Bulldogs this Saturday, go Georgia!!!

Beck, Bowers, McConkey and the ever more involved backup tight end Delp will be putting up the points against Vanderbilt!

Bowers is on fire so far this season as ever 37 receptions for 545 and 4 TD!

woody39

Mentor
Touchdown London Humphreys freshman reciever Vanderbilt 49 yards, poor defense from Georgia but he left them for dead for the score, some speed!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Touchdown London Humphreys freshman reciever Vanderbilt 49 yards, poor defense from Georgia but he left them for dead for the score, some speed!

Nice! Glad Ken Seals is back in there. I think he has one more season of eligibility so hopefully he remains the starter through this season and next.

woody39

Mentor
Tommy Eichenberg already three solo tackles, only 6 minutes into first quarter for ohio state be a star in NFL

woody39

Mentor
Carson Beck shoved in by the o line for the TD to bring Georgia level. Didn't realise Beck was also kick holder which is pretty cool.

woody39

Mentor
31 yarder to McConkey not starting but still working back from injury! Talking him up on the broadcast- saying one scout told them he is a top 100 nfl player going forward as well.