2022 World Outdoor Season

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Gina Luekenkemper of Germany ran a fine time of 11.10 today in the Diamond League Race. The 2022 European Track & Field Championships starts on August 15th and Germany is hosting it. She has a chance to not only make
the 100 meters Womens Finals but she should make the medal stand. Would love to see her win the gold medal. She has made an epic comeback to get back to where she is. I've always been a fan of hers!

white is right

Hall of Famer
Fahmi if he runs relaxed will go sub 10 in his next race. Kids got springs in his feet. Turkey with their usual man running as a woman in the womens 800m.....India's female anchor in the mixed 4x400m looks very masculine as well. hmmmmmm
I saw a few DSD athletes in these championships. The Turk looked like a tank bounding down the track, thank god the Turk isn't an "elite" talent or somebody would have been robbed of a medal. The Indian robbed somebody of a medal in individual 400 and robbed the 4th place team in the mixed relays. The iaaf has to get a strict ruling on this matter as DSD athletes are going to eventually sweep the medals in sprints. In an ironic way having the doped up Yams in female sprinting holds the DSD athletes in check, similar to having nukes on a hostile countries doorsteps.

As others have stated Tebogo is a fabulous talent but is a jerk with his antics. If track and field had the ability to dq it's athletes for taunting he should have been tossed for his Bolt like antics after winning the 100m gold.

Last edited:

sprintstar

Mentor
Browning (anchor runner) trips over his own feet in the final of the Mens 4x100m costing the Aussie men a medal..... Gotta say I am happy for Michele Jenneke of Australia finally lowering her times, she has been around for awhile. She looks much leaner nowadays indicating much more attention to diet and training and it is paying off. She was .07 out of third place finishing fast at the Commonwealth games, race was won by ped user Amusan from Nigeria .

South African Der Witt? mistimes her finish in the 400mh and places third, would have won had she started her kick sooner, the look on the Jamaican winners face was priceless as she grabs 3 flags and then was told she only needed 2 lol

Mens 1500m final was a beauty with Hoare(Australia) outkicking the Kenyan for the win....

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
A shout out to Scotland's women's team, who performed exceptionally well at the Commonwealth Games.
They had finalists in the following events:
200m
400m
800m - bronze
1500m - gold
5000m - silver
10,000m - gold
4 x 100m relay
4 x 400m relay - bronze

They also got a bronze in the men's 1500m.
Not bad for a country of just over 5 million people!

Scotland and Norway have been punching far above their weight on the track.
It just shows what can be done if given the opportunity to compete and develop.

Last edited:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Just a follow-up note from the U20 Championships.
I already mentioned that Mia Brahe-Pederson was 7th in the 100m.
In the 200m, she was the fastest qualifier in the heats, and the 2nd fastest in the semis.
Unfortunately she came in 4th in the finals.

But where she really lost (got screwed) was the 4x100m relay.
Despite being a finalist in both the 100m and 200m, she wasn't used on the relay!
I was very surprised by that, and wondered why.
Others wondered why too....because the USA got silver, despite poor passing; and might have gotten gold with Mia on the team.
I thought maybe she was injured or tired, but I saw this on another track discussion board:

"So got word from 3 people in Colombia that reason given was “inexperience” of the double finalist Mia Brahe-Pederson. But checking on-line results sites it appears that Miss Brahe-Peterson had run 21 4x1’s in the last year but the 4 finalists had totals of 8, 7, 2, 0. Heard real reason was good ole American USATF cronyism and that the relay decision maker was Mechelle Lewis Freeman who has close relationships with all 4 that she chose. One of my sources was on the staff and unaware of the decision and was stunned to hear the roster. Never before has a healthy finalist in 100 not run in the final for the US. One source said it was because Miss Brahe-Peterson is white. Now that would be a story."

I don't doubt it. And poor Mia gets screwed out of a medal.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Another young sprinter I want to make you guys aware of. I think he has serious potential in the next decade.

Mark Pap of Hungary is only 20 years of age. He recently ran a new p.b. of 10.25 +0.4 so he ran this time with little competition and basically almost no wind. He also has a p.b over 200 meters of 20.78 into a negative wind.
At 20 years of age we have most likely only seen the tip of the iceburg of this kids upside potential. Hungary has a very talented sprinter here and hopefully he will inspire more of thier youth to reach new heights in sprinting!

This kid ran in the Diamond League Race today and handled himself well for a 20 year old kid racing the big boys for the first time. He has a ways to go but I like his confidence and swagger. Here is his 10.25 in slow motion. I have a strong
feeling he will be worthy of his own thread in a few years. Gotta be optomistic about the young sprinters rising up! :)

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Charlie Dobson ran a new PB of 10.28 today in Zagreb.

Yes and Dobson followed that up later with a 20.21 over 200 meters. Not a bad double for the kid. Please find a way to stay healthy
Charlie Dobson as we all know your capable of alot more if your body can just avoid all these pesky injuries year after year!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Glad football is here but I must admit I always dread the end of track season. I have such a passion for athletics. Especially the
sprints and I'm encouraged to see more and more young kids believing in themselves. Don't believe the stereotypes. You can
compete and you can be the best. I'm discouraged but the european male sprinters this year. They need to perform better. Tortu
is being mismanged. Same with Julian Wagner who ran only twice in almost 3 months. It's so frsutrating.

On a positive note, Steiner and Boling were great. Steiner even more so but Boling did go sub 10 and sub 20 wind legal. Mark my
words and you can hold me to it. You haven't seen anything yet from Boling. I see low to mid 9.90's and 19.80's next year when he peaks.

In 2023 watch our for Gavin Schurr. He will have a solid year in my opinion.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This 18 year old italian teen could end up being another Filippo Tortu. He has a 10.25 and 20.91 personal bests so far! His name
is Allesio Faggin! Another young rising star in the sprints!

14908819.jpg

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Franco Florio of Argentina, set a new National Record this week, running the 100m in 10.11 (0.5w).
This was at at the South American U23 Championships.
A very good performance!

He is also a rugby player.
Thanks for the updates. Alot of people around the world don't realise that Argentina is primarily a white country. Also has
been for the longest time. Yes in the southwest united states there are many hispanics that dispute this. They are white
and it's easily looked up on a search engine.

Ethnic groupings in Argentina according to the UAEM [7] White (85%) Mestizo (11.1%) Amerindians (1.0%)

Incredible time run by Franco Florio. Love that name! Would love to see him to athletics full time but the money is in Rugby
so I doubt he will do it. Maybe if he got a few sponsors he could try. So much talent. Similar to Adam Gemeli.

ef42c6f6a7.jpg

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
You never know.
A lot of people would just like to be able to say that they ran at the Olympics.
And so maybe he can try for that, and then transition back to rugby.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Renan Correa de Lima Gallina of Brazil ran 20.15 (1.1w) 200m at the South American U23 Championships.

Here he is:
I don't read or speak Portuguese, but I think this article says that Gallina is the South American U18, 200m record holder at 20.46.
And now, as a U23, he has run 20.15, which is very impressive.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Well, it turns out that Renan Correa de Lima Gallina of Brazil, is just 18 yrs old!
And he also ran a 20.12 earlier in September.

Here he is running in the semi-finals:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Well, it turns out that Renan Correa de Lima Gallina of Brazil, is just 18 yrs old!
And he also ran a 20.12 earlier in September.

Here he is running in the semi-finals:
He runs so relaxed. Makes it look effortless. He is a very good sprinter at such a young age!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
One more from the South American U23 Championships...
...Elián Larregina, 22, of Argentina, set a National Record, winning the 400m in 45.53.

Nice to finally see some sprinting talent coming out of South America.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the updates. Alot of people around the world don't realise that Argentina is primarily a white country. Also has
been for the longest time. Yes in the southwest united states there are many hispanics that dispute this. They are white
and it's easily looked up on a search engine.

Ethnic groupings in Argentina according to the UAEM [7] White (85%) Mestizo (11.1%) Amerindians (1.0%)

Incredible time run by Franco Florio. Love that name! Would love to see him to athletics full time but the money is in Rugby
so I doubt he will do it. Maybe if he got a few sponsors he could try. So much talent. Similar to Adam Gemeli.

ef42c6f6a7.jpg
There is no culture of track in field in Argentina. Most Argentinians are of predominately Italian ancestry so you think the country would have a history some world level sprinters , middle or long distance runners as Italy and Italian dispora have produced these runners all over the world but aside from marathon running I can't recall any runners from this country.

Even in marathon running the runners were probably immigrants or children of immigrants as the last medalist in the Olympics was in the early 50's.

I wish him the best of luck but he probably needs to leave Argentina to have the best chance of developing as I can see a Lemaitre type bubble where this prospect won't have the coaching or training partners to push him to be his best at world level meets.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
The European and American seasons are done, but they are still competing in Asia.

100m - 10.12 (1.2) Chun-Han Yang of Taiwan
Long Jump - 8.26 (-0,6); Jeswin Aldrin, India

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Franco Florio of Argentina, set a new National Record this week, running the 100m in 10.11 (0.5w).
This was at at the South American U23 Championships.
A very good performance!

He is also a rugby player.
Florio just won the 100m at the South America Games.
I think that makes him the South American Champion!

The time was only 10.35 (-1.2w), but it was pouring rain, and the times in all events have been slow because of it.
But regardless, he's the fastest man in South America.
Here's some video:

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Florio just won the 100m at the South America Games.
I think that makes him the South American Champion!

The time was only 10.35, but it was pouring rain, and the times in all events have been slow because of it.
But regardless, he's the fastest man in South America.
Here's some video:

Great news jacknyc. Thanks for the update. Let's hope with his continued success that he gives up rugby for good. The
kid has alot of talent. I often wonder how many sprinters end up in other sports. Especially rugby, football and soccer.

Last edited:

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Great news jacknyc. Thanks for the update. Let's hope with his continued success that he gives up rugby for good. The
kid has alot of talent. I often wonder how many sprinters end up in other sports. Especially rugby, football and soccer.
NCAA Division I men's Lacrosse teams have an average roster size of 48 players but only a maximum of 12.6 scholarships to award per team. This means the average award covers less than 30% of a typical athlete's annual college costs.

Which means that once again whitey has to pay for himself to participate in this sport.

Yet another part of the joys of diversity, poor white kids get to pay for college on their own while using up a huge amount of time for their sport.

I know very little about lacrosse other than it’s grown fast and it’s culture is very white (like hockey). Anyway apparently it’s starting to make its way into tv more. I wouldn’t be shocked if as the boomers finally shuffle off this mortal coil some of football’s popularity gets switched to whiter sports like lacrosse - even on tv.

Given a choice right now I think I’d rather watch mens volleyball than most sec college football games or sadly track and field.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
One more from the South American U23 Championships...
...Elián Larregina, 22, of Argentina, set a National Record, winning the 400m in 45.53.

Nice to finally see some sprinting talent coming out of South America.

Larregina who won the U23 Championships, did the same at the senior level, becoming the South American 400m champion. He won by a large margin in 45.80.

In all my years of following track, I don't remember any Argentinian sprinters, and now this year, we have two!