2022 Wake Forest Demon Deacons

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Since 2006 Wake Forest has started 7, 7, 10. 11, 10, 10, 8, 7, 7, 6, 7, 6, 6, and 7. In 2022 they are projected to start 6.
Redshirt junior QB Sam Hartman will once again lead the Demon Deacons who finished atop the ACC Atlantic Division 7-1 conference and 11-3 overall and won the Gator Bowl. Hartman has been underrated throughout his career. I expect this to be his last season as he will surely bolt for the NFL. He reminds me of Drew Breese.
WR/SL Taylor Morin looks to be a full-time starter this season. Hopefully he'll get targeted more this year.
Blake Whiteheart will be the starting TE and Rice Transfer Bull Jaeger, love that name, will back up Whiteheart.

Not much to say about the defense as the only white starter will be safety Nick Andersen. A former walk-on.

Offense-
QB-Sam Hartman, (RS, JR)
WR/SL-Taylor Morin, (RS, SO)
TE- Blake Whiteheart. (RS, JR)
LG-Sean Maginn, (RS, SR)
C- Michael Jurgens, (RS, JR)

Defense-
S-Nick Andersen, (SO)

Unless I'm mistaken, the only other honkey anywhere near playing is redshirt freshman LB Dylan Hazen . Good luck ever seeing him play unless they're beating up on VMI during the first game of the season.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Damn, hope he is ok. He’s a other great QB from the ACC and in college football. Sleeper 1st round pick.

Phall

Master

Mitch Griffis or Michael Kern will replace Hartman at QB. (both whiteys)

We can only hypothesize what caused this mysterious non-football related medical condition! Perhaps it's related to "global warming..."

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Gentlemen, Hartman will not return to Wake Forest for his RS Senior season. What are your opinions on where he should go in the draft and where he will actually go. Most evaluations are positive depending on how he improves, saying he'll become an NFL starter. Reminds me of Drew Brees. They have him running a 4.83 forty. I believe he'll run a better time at the combine/pro day. Thoughts?

booth

Mentor
Gentlemen, Hartman will not return to Wake Forest for his RS Senior season. What are your opinions on where he should go in the draft and where he will actually go. Most evaluations are positive depending on how he improves, saying he'll become an NFL starter. Reminds me of Drew Brees. They have him running a 4.83 forty. I believe he'll run a better time at the combine/pro day. Thoughts?
Carolina Speed have you heard what might be wrong with Hartman? I know he mentions rehab and was wondering if surgery was involved or just trying to fix the problem without surgery.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Carolina Speed have you heard what might be wrong with Hartman? I know he mentions rehab and was wondering if surgery was involved or just trying to fix the problem without surgery.
booth, if you're speaking the issue he had at the beginning of the season, I have no idea. It remains an undisclosed non-football related problem. My suspicion is that, it was mental.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I like Hartman alot. Drew Brees isn't the worst comparison. Hartman is certainly instant offense. His 40 time shouldn't matter as he is good at buying time and being a playmaker. He should get a Senior Bowl invite.