2022 Stanford Cardinal

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Since 2005, Stanford has started 11, 14, 14, 14, 15, 14, 13, 9, 9, 12, 14, 14, 13, 11, 7, 8 and 5 White athletes. They start 7 in 2022.

Players on the two deep WR John Humphreys, DT Zach Buckey, LB Tristan Sinclair, LB Spencer Jorgensen,

Offense
QB Tanner McKee
RB Casey Filkins**injury fill in
TE Ben Yurosek
OG Jake Hornibrook
C Drake Nugent
OG Levi Rogers

Defense
CB Ethan Bonner

Phall

Master
"Moose" Filkins put up 77 yards and a touchdown on 16 carries last week while splitting time at running back. I hope he keeps getting touches!

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Word on the street is that our very own white lightning is a dark horse candidate. You heard it here first!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
David Shaw gave opportunities to more white RBs - including Toby Gerhart and Christian McCaffrey - than any other coach I can think of.

Phall

Master
David Shaw gave opportunities to more white RBs - including Toby Gerhart and Christian McCaffrey - than any other coach I can think of.
By most accounts, Stanford has extremely high academic standards that prevent them from considering 90+% of D1 eligible athletes. They will be white-friendly until Chinese kids start playing football. They can’t convert all their players into fullbacks and tight ends, so there should always be opportunities for the occasional white tailback.

TwentyTwo

Master
D-Tackle Anthony Franklin was a Starter. Make that 8. Still Stanford should have more than this.

Thanks Leonardfan. I did the Stanford write up in August ; but it was deleted during an active time

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
There are other schools with high academic standards - Michigan, for example.
Yet, they somehow manage to never have white RBs.
I remember that Toby Gerhart set the California HS rushing yards record, but no Pac 10/12 schools, except Stanford, would offer him a scholarship as a RB.
USC, for example, offered him a scholarship to play as a linebacker.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
There are other schools with high academic standards - Michigan, for example.
Yet, they somehow manage to never have white RBs.
I remember that Toby Gerhart set the California HS rushing yards record, but no Pac 10/12 schools, except Stanford, would offer him a scholarship as a RB.
USC, for example, offered him a scholarship to play as a linebacker.
Stanford found ways to be successful for years with higher academic standards. That is the excuse being used now by Shaw. Fact is he just got away from recruiting White athletes especially in the trenches.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Stanford hires Sacramento State coach Troy Taylor. Who knows what the future will hold but he did have a great RB in Cameron Skattebo at Sac St along with Asher O'Hara.

icsept

Master
Stanford hires Sacramento State coach Troy Taylor. Who knows what the future will hold but he did have a great RB in Cameron Skattebo at Sac St along with Asher O'Hara.
My first thought was Skattebo transferring to Stanford. Assuming he has the academic qualifications.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Skattebo to Stanford would be a great ending to this. Admittedly don't know much about Sacramento St. besides they were 12-0 this year until they lost this week. Plus O'Hara and Skattebo is enough to say hey this hot hand in Taylor seems like a good replacement option.