2022 Quarterbacks

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
BSPN pushed several black quarterback headlines on their front page after Week 1 of the season. There have been some great performances by White QBs so far this season as well.

UNC Freshman QB Drake Maye has been phenomenal through 2 games yet I have not heard any sort of national recognition around him. His stats so far are 53/72 - 73.6% for 646 yards and 9 TDs. He has 16 rushes for 131 yards and a TD as well. I have to imagine a black QB with those sort of numbers would indeed be getting hyped up - let's not forget the Ohio St quota was hyped last year as was the Alabama quota.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
BSPN pushed several black quarterback headlines on their front page after Week 1 of the season. There have been some great performances by White QBs so far this season as well.

UNC Freshman QB Drake Maye has been phenomenal through 2 games yet I have not heard any sort of national recognition around him. His stats so far are 53/72 - 73.6% for 646 yards and 9 TDs. He has 16 rushes for 131 yards and a TD as well. I have to imagine a black QB with those sort of numbers would indeed be getting hyped up - let's not forget the Ohio St quota was hyped last year as was the Alabama quota.
Thanks for this thread Leonardfan. This is the one position in College football that is make or break for me. If a quota is leading a relatively White team I really can't get behind them. I totally agree that the disparity in coverage and hype is obvious to us but seemingly oblivious to others. Great write-up and stats rundown for Maye at UNC. Good on ya

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
through 5 weeks of the season, Minnesota quarterback Tanner Morgan has the highest overall grade for college quarterbacks (92.5) per Pro Football Focus’ rating system. close behind is Caste Football favorite Drake Maye. the UNC redshirt freshman has a rating of 91.5.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Miss State QB Will Rogers is now the completions leader in the SEC. With the Heisman being a wide open race his name should be at the top of the conversation for any objective observer. Historically Mike Leach always seems to find a few QBs that fit his system and run it with lethal efficiency. Will Rogers is the first one he has found at Miss St.

At the halfway point he has thrown for 2110 yards, 22 TDs / 3 INTs completing 71.6% of his passes.

20220903_FB_vs_Memphis_Rogers2_KS_3954.jpg

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Miss State QB Will Rogers is now the completions leader in the SEC. With the Heisman being a wide open race his name should be at the top of the conversation for any objective observer. Historically Mike Leach always seems to find a few QBs that fit his system and run it with lethal efficiency. Will Rogers is the first one he has found at Miss St.

At the halfway point he has thrown for 2110 yards, 22 TDs / 3 INTs completing 71.6% of his passes.

20220903_FB_vs_Memphis_Rogers2_KS_3954.jpg

This kid is the real deal. Yes he should be in the top 3 in the Heisman race. As long as they keep winning and he continues to light it up, they
can only ignore his rising superstar status for so long. I really think he has a future playing on Sundays in the future. Nice pic!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Agreed fellas! Time Mississippi State officially launches their Rogers for Heisman campaign!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Fordham QB Tim DeMorat is the leading passer in the FCS this year - 3023 yards, 33 TDs/4 INTs so far.

Lehigh_Main_post.jpg

Flint

Mentor
Just announced? Did they use mail-in ballots?