2022 Pittsburgh Steelers

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This unintentionally funny article is filled with Caste-speak right from its opening sentence: "For some reason, Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker, Robert Spillane has become a common scapegoat for fans over the past few years. If the defense struggles and Spillane was on the field, he’s often times the first guy to get criticized. That seems quite unfair for an undrafted free agent who is now in his fifth season in the NFL."

Gee, I'm just totally bewildered as to what that "some reason" could be, even though it's part of a long-standing pattern that repeats over and over across NFL cities. Maybe Tyler Matakevich and some other former Steelers can provide it.

Spillane had a strong game last week and hopefully it'll lead to more games with lots of snaps, though Spillane must continue to contend with first and second round busts who still have huge untapped amounts of upside (Devin Bush and Myles Jack respectively) along with a fan base that hates him (and the media as well, as I've cited several examples of open hatred towards Spillane from alleged football writers and analysts).

Bucky

Hall of Famer
The reason is only skin deep, haha.

Rooting for Spillane. Big Time.

“We just like what Rob has been doing. He plays physical. Rob is a guy that has been in continual growth since he’s been here,” Tomlin said about Spillane on Tuesday. “Coming in as an undrafted guy and practice squader working his way through. [He’s] almost an every down defender [now]. I just think what you’re seeing is the maturation of growth process of a quality professional. No different than Alex Highsmith for example.”

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Tomlin is giving Spillane substantial snaps only because Devin Bush is a first round bust, an historically bad one, and Myles Jack (taken early in the second round in 2016 by the Jags) also sucks.

I've periodically documented how much Spillane is dumped on by various know-nothing "analysts" and sports writers, and it's still continuing. Heard a local one just yesterday (Gerry Dulac) saying yet again how Spillane's ceiling is that of a backup even as he continues to outperform Bush and Jack. The cognitive dissonance and general idiocy runs deep. . .

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Tomlin is giving Spillane substantial snaps only because Devin Bush is a first round bust, an historically bad one, and Myles Jack (taken early in the second round in 2016 by the Jags) also sucks.

I've periodically documented how much Spillane is dumped on by various know-nothing "analysts" and sports writers, and it's still continuing. Heard a local one just yesterday (Gerry Dulac) saying yet again how Spillane's ceiling is that of a backup even as he continues to outperform Bush and Jack. The cognitive dissonance and general idiocy runs deep. . .
Forgot about Myles Jack. Remember when he was being lauded as a great free agent signing back in the spring.

It’s great seeing Spillane get playing time and being a productive player.

Rocky B

Master
Forgot about Myles Jack. Remember when he was being lauded as a great free agent signing back in the spring.

It’s great seeing Spillane get playing time and being a productive player.
Jack was cut by the Jags.....Schobert was traded for a late round pick...Yet Dulac and the rest of the crap media assume Bush and Jack are still better than Schobert/Spillane.....This BS is so ingrained in everyone, we have to yell this stuff from the mountaintops......

I jumped on this link, by the way, to inform you guys Scott Nelson is back on Pittsburgh’s PS.....Probably better than the guys there now, of course.