2022 NFL Week 5

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Between Max Borghi being cut again without getting a chance and Mac Mclung in the NBA it's been a tough couple of days.

For those that don't think Borghi is good just last year in the Apple Cup(Washington State vs Washington)he had 129 yards
rushing and two touchdowns. The Cougars are on the losing side of this game more often then not but they blew out the
Huskies last year. Borghi was a big part of that.

Really hoping some NFL Team will pick up the phone and call the kid. Then to actually let him play as you can't see what you have
if you never play the kid or cut him without even so much as a few carries.

Last edited:

woody39

Mentor
Here we go second week of football in London! All the talk about Rodgers and Barclay before the kick off, come on Packers I guess...not much in it from a caste perspective really. Let's hope Rodgers doesn't struggle like he has been so be good to see him light up the stadium I think.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I hate these international games. Just another way for the NFL to make a buck. I am hoping the Giants win this one.

woody39

Mentor
They can be a bit lacking in noise and atmosphere aswell tbh. I like them as a brit but I can imagine if I lived in the states there is no real advantage to it.

woody39

Mentor
Giants o line is awful so far here. Jones under constant pressure but maybe the play calling isn't helping, it's all run and short passes to barclay, need to get the ball spread around and aired out quickly to Sills or Bellinger for instance get some variation confuse the defense.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
They can be a bit lacking in noise and atmosphere aswell tbh. I like them as a brit but I can imagine if I lived in the states there is no real advantage to it.
No knock on you my friend! Just think it’s ridiculous that the nfl would expand football to an all day thing. It alienates the teams fan bases by taking away one local game a year (most stadiums are at least partially funded by taxpayer dollars) to try and expand a sport to continent that has nfl Europe to only see it fail. On top of that the NFL broadcasts the game on NFL network and does not allow for local broadcasts (gotta prop up the clown show of a network and bring in those shekels).

woody39

Mentor
No knock on you my friend! Just think it’s ridiculous that the nfl would expand football to an all day thing. It alienates the teams fan bases by taking away one local game a year (most stadiums are at least partially funded by taxpayer dollars) to try and expand a sport to continent that has nfl Europe to only see it fail. On top of that the NFL broadcasts the game on NFL network and does not allow for local broadcasts (gotta prop up the clown show of a network and bring in those shekels).
Yes see exactly what you mean about timings and the fact the franchise loses a home game. Probably either need to move a franchise here maybe not do it at all perhaps? Rumours of Jacksonville Jaguars moving for years here as their owner has a soccer club in London and they are permanently here every season.

We have a UK commentary crew commentating here first time ever but normally have the American one from nfl network or cbs etc....

Sean89

Mentor
Yes see exactly what you mean about timings and the fact the franchise loses a home game. Probably either need to move a franchise here maybe not do it at all perhaps? Rumours of Jacksonville Jaguars moving for years here as their owner has a soccer club in London and they are permanently here every season.

We have a UK commentary crew commentating here first time ever but normally have the American one from nfl network or cbs etc....

Studio lads are worse than the commentary and that's saying something.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
He's been a nice surprise early in the season. Another athletic well rounded White TE overlooked during the draft process.
Agreed. Didn't know much about him in college, but nice to see him playing well And often as a Rookie!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I wonder how many offenses operate almost strictly out of shotgun. It's become cliche and quite boring. One has to ask what changed over for pretty much every team to run their offense out of Shotgun. Here's a decent article outlining the evolution of the offense. It began with the rule changes that allowed Brady and Manning to really put up great numbers and the rule changes continue to be manipulated.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl-playo...anahan-kliff-kingsbury-bruce-arians-andy-reid

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Andy Dalton gets another start for the Saints today with Winston still injured.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
David Sills sighting. Nearly had a TD.

It was a nice play - he stayed with Jones as the play broke down. Jones looks pretty good, really hope they decide to build around him rather than make him the scapegoat in NY. The midget WRs they drafted along with Golladay have been total non-factors.

It's nice seeing some TE screens being used as well.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Daniel Jones is playing really well today, only downside is that once again Sills is being underused. . .

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I'll take the Giants win today. Jones is 4-1 one this year after drawing the ire of the militant black sports media.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
98 yard strike by Josh Allen on the third play of the game!!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Berrios with a 41 yard punt return

Bridgewater may have been concussed if I heard correctly, joining Tua in that department