2022 Michigan Wolverines

Phall

Master
Since 2005, Michigan’s white starter tallies have been 8,7,8,9,8,9,9,8,12,11,10,10,8,7,6,5, and 7. This year, they project to start a record-low FOUR white honkeys, making this their *blackest team ever*. We could possibly add a fifth starter for consideration, as the second TE Luke Schoonmaker has been given credit for 10 career starts. As I will explain, this number will increase back to six and hold steady around there in coming years until a coaching change.

Michigan remains a very “caste” team, with white players only allowed to play an ever-shrinking designation of positions. The team overachieved last year on the back of top draft pick Aidan Hutchinson and former backup QB Cade McNamara, finishing 12-2, defeating Ohio State, and making the playoffs for the first time. Jim Harbaugh pursued NFL coaching positions before ultimately “turning down” the Vikings job and signing a new contract with Michigan. He planned to take QB Coach Matt Weiss with him, probably as his OC. His actual coordinators responded by leaving: DC Mike McDonald, who is white, returned to the Ravens as their DC after a year with the Wolverines; he’d previously been the Ravens LB coach. OC Josh Gattis, who is black, left to take the same position at Miami. Gattis won the “coordinator of the year” award in a perfect storm of affirmative action, but never seemed very special or talented. He was also pulled off of recruiting duties in the middle of the season because he slept with a recruit's mom.

This staff attrition cost the program some momentum. The new defensive coordinator is Jesse Mintner, yet another former Ravens staffer (Harbaugh taps his brother for a lot of young coaching hires). There will be two “co-offensive coordinators,” the QB coach Weiss and the O-Line coach Sherrone Moore. Moore, who is black, did a terrific job coaching last year’s snowplow line. It has long been thought that Harbaugh kept a heavy hand in the play-calling anyway. Another team tidbit of no real consequence: Harbaugh ruffled some administrative feathers by publicly opposing abortion and supporting the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe vs. Wade. He made a silly statement that he and his wife would help raise any unwanted child that his players might sire. This is funny because most of the school administration (and fanbase) are smug, fervent abortionists.

The Wolverines are still led by Cade McNamara at QB, who is holding off younger superstar JJ McCarthy. McCarthy always looks impressive when given opportunities and will see an increased number of packages this year as a backup. McNamara was the third-string QB in 2020 before Dylan McCaffrey announced his transfer in the first week and the putrid Joe Milton (now on Tennessee’s bench) played his way off the field. McNamara has been a stable and capable presence though and has done enough to not get benched. The third-string QB is probably walk-on Davis Warren; Texas Tech transfer Alan Bowman has faded from consideration.

The future of the QB position is in peril, though, as the two true freshman recruits are black, although neither seems very promising. Mike Weiss appears to be a huge racial cuck and *exclusively* recruits black QBs. Michigan was almost thrown a lifeline as former coach Lloyd Carr’s nephew emerged as a top prospect with de facto ties to Ann Arbor, but he actually spurned Michigan for Notre Dame's 2023 class. This is in line with the theory that Lloyd Carr hates Michigan and actively works to undermine the program, but that’s another story. Michigan overpowered most of its early-season schedule last year, which resulted in an abnormally small number of passing plays called. There is a perception that this has hurt QB recruiting, with Michigan forced to extend offers to lower-rated recruits based on “potential” (which always means blacks). The staff has not felt pressured to reach for any white receiver prospects, as usual. The new transfer portal marketplace sort of mitigates the risk of not lining up a depth chart with obvious successors.

Of the fifteen scholarship offensive lineman, eleven are white (and one is an Arab). However, this year’s line will probably have two black starters after Virginia’s credentialed African center joined as a grad transfer. This ratio should correct itself in future seasons based on recruiting patterns.

The tight ends room has eight white players out of nine scholarship athletes, but the starter is the lone black, Erick All. This will also correct itself in the future. Luke Schoonmaker has the most experience and could conceivably have a big year. Schoonmaker is probably a "co-starter" and the more likely endzone target.

Michigan has two white defensive lineman. Mason Graham is 317 lbs as a true freshman and comes in with recruiting fanfare. Dom Guidice is still a roster underdog in his second year with the program. Graham will probably rotate in sometimes, but neither are starters.

Former DT Julius Welschoff has moved to outside linebacker and has lost 22 lbs this offseason to help the position switch. Welschoff is a stud athlete from Germany who never found heavy minutes as a defensive tackle. He could have featured at many other places, surely. We are waiting on former high school stud Braiden McGregor to fulfill his destiny as Aidan Hutchinson’s heir-apparent, but he perhaps never quite recovered from blowing out his ACL as a senior. Joey Klunder was a three-star recruit at edge rusher and chose to attend Michigan as a walk-on. Michigan recruited Jimmy Rolder to play linebacker, which is a refreshing change of pace, but he likely won’t feature at all as a true freshman. Joey Velazquez is also on the roster at LB but has yet to play much at all - he’s also on Michigan’s baseball team.

In the backfield, Caden Kolesar is the lone white contributor at safety. He’s a legacy admission who joined the team as a grayshirt in 2021 but has not definitively been given a scholarship despite winning a spot on the depth chart. He was the ad-hoc punt returner for a few games last year, but that probably will not reoccur. He seemed to get his named called often (for good reasons) during limited playtime.

It is encouraging that there were two white scholarship defenders added this year, neither at the usual edge rusher position. Michigan also signed a white tailback Cole Cabana for next year’s class. Still, the bottom line is that four white starters don’t leave the casual fan with much to celebrate. The best-case scenario would be for Cabana to start fast next year and emerge as a wheel-route target for McCarthy in 2024, with the white starter total returning to 8ish. However, that's a long way away.

Starters:
QB: Cade McNamara
O-Line: Ryan Hayes, Zak Zinter, Trevor Keegan

Backups to watch:
QB: JJ McCarthy
O-Line: Karsen Barnhardt, Greg Crippen, Reece Atteberry, Jeffrey Persi
TE: Luke Schoonmaker, Matthew Hibner, Joel Honigford
DT: Mason Graham, Dom Guidice
Edge: Braiden McGregor, Julius Welschof
LB: Joey Velazquez
S: Caden Kolesar

Phall

Master
McGregor is very clearly "second string" at the moment as opposed to an emerging starter/star, and Welschof is even further below in the pass-rushing rotation. The pleasant surprise on defense has been true freshman DT Mason Graham, who might have already played his way into a nominal starting role. Michigan's DT's will rotate a fair amount, but Graham has arguably performed the best so far in the first two (cupcake) games of the season. He looks like a future pro at this moment in time at a position where whites have been marginalized.

At tight end, Schoonmaker looks like a fine prospect that is unfortunately stuck behind a pretty competent black player on the depth chart. He still gets a lot of snaps and is the only white non-QB likely to score a touchdown this season. Converted tackle Joel Honigford, Matthew Hibner, and walk-on Max Bredeson (brother of NY Giants guard Ben) have all looked good enough to play in more competitive matchups.

JJ McCarthy has beaten out Cade McNamara for starting QB going forward, a decision that is very tough to argue. McCarthy carved up a dismal Hawaii team last weekend - fans are already imagining a dark horse Heisman candidacy. He has one more year before he can consider the NFL, but he's absolutely on draft boards even if big sports journalism hasn't caught up yet. It sucks that he's on a roster that's less white-friendly than Georgia at this point.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I think McCarthy certainly elevates this team. Not a knock on McNamara, he is what he is - a solid game manager type who has a great season last year. McCarthy is just a couple of notches up on him skill and ability wise.

Phall

Master
https://www.on3.com/college/michiga...tatement-amid-ongoing-criminal-investigation/

The cuck co-offensive coordinator has been fired from UM. Hopefully some of the quotablacks he recruited decommit now.

Lol, what a weird tale. The "crime" itself is very vague and just means logging onto someone else's laptop. I've read two schools of conspiracy theory thought: the first is that Weiss was merely emailing high school recruits from Jim Harbaugh's account to impress them, the second is that he was doing some version of cyber-stalking a female staff member (why do these exist?).

Weiss came to Michigan via John Harbaugh's recommendation from the Baltimore Ravens. When Jim flirted with the NFL last year, Weiss was the one guy he brought with him to his interview(s). That is what led to Josh Gattis, the reigning Broyle Award Winner as best OC in the sport (lol), leaving Michigan for Miami (where he's now about to be fired for incompetence after one season).

As an ostensible Michigan fan, my instinctual reaction is to feel uncomfortable losing a key cog in the machine that has been to two straight playoffs. Taking a step back, Weiss was an anti-white weirdo who recruited only blacks for quarterback. There is probably some mental infirmity behind that pattern of behavior, but who really knows. Him getting fired is a net win for me.

Jim Harbaugh (rather than his OC) is long-rumored, especially by internet fans, to call his own plays on offense. After Josh Gattis left the team out of spite, Jim promoted Weiss and (black) offensive line coach Sherrone Moore (who is black) to "co-OC" positions. The wink and nudge was that Harbaugh himself would still be calling the plays, but this was a great resume boost for each of them.

Moore has spearheaded two very great offensive line seasons. The first was one of our fabled "snow plows," and the second was bound to be anything less than that ideal. I think Moore really earned a shot at a bigger role. Because of the way the world works, he will eventually get to run a full show. I do dislike the way he added some blacks to Michigan's elite snowplow room, but that is how the world works. You find affinity with people like you.

El Gringo

Mentor
Hopefully Harbaugh goes back to his roots and brings back a fullback! Michigan has had some great ones. Gattis really screwed over Ben Masons senior year.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Lol, what a weird tale. The "crime" itself is very vague and just means logging onto someone else's laptop. I've read two schools of conspiracy theory thought: the first is that Weiss was merely emailing high school recruits from Jim Harbaugh's account to impress them, the second is that he was doing some version of cyber-stalking a female staff member (why do these exist?).

Weiss came to Michigan via John Harbaugh's recommendation from the Baltimore Ravens. When Jim flirted with the NFL last year, Weiss was the one guy he brought with him to his interview(s). That is what led to Josh Gattis, the reigning Broyle Award Winner as best OC in the sport (lol), leaving Michigan for Miami (where he's now about to be fired for incompetence after one season).

As an ostensible Michigan fan, my instinctual reaction is to feel uncomfortable losing a key cog in the machine that has been to two straight playoffs. Taking a step back, Weiss was an anti-white weirdo who recruited only blacks for quarterback. There is probably some mental infirmity behind that pattern of behavior, but who really knows. Him getting fired is a net win for me.

Jim Harbaugh (rather than his OC) is long-rumored, especially by internet fans, to call his own plays on offense. After Josh Gattis left the team out of spite, Jim promoted Weiss and (black) offensive line coach Sherrone Moore (who is black) to "co-OC" positions. The wink and nudge was that Harbaugh himself would still be calling the plays, but this was a great resume boost for each of them.

Moore has spearheaded two very great offensive line seasons. The first was one of our fabled "snow plows," and the second was bound to be anything less than that ideal. I think Moore really earned a shot at a bigger role. Because of the way the world works, he will eventually get to run a full show. I do dislike the way he added some blacks to Michigan's elite snowplow room, but that is how the world works. You find affinity with people like you.

Thanks as always for the insight into Michigan football.

Phall

Master
Michigan hires and then fires Shemy Schembechler as a recruiting scout within a day. I cannot possibly explain how gay this is.

Perhaps you recognize his name? Maybe that's why he was hired. However, "Shemy" had quite a bit of tenure in the NFL as a scout. No documented success, but tenure nonetheless.

Now, here comes the drama.

Phall

Master
Shemy Shembechler is revealed to have liked tweets from some Republicans. Some of them are daring in nature. Welp, you're done.

His PR firm issues a resignation statement, and he's done.

It's just all so boring to me (personally). Maybe the Michigan football program needs constant dick-sucking to black causes! I don't know! I'm just rather bored with the dynamic and feel rather destructive about it all.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Shemy Shembechler is revealed to have liked tweets from some Republicans. Some of them are daring in nature. Welp, you're done.

His PR firm issues a resignation statement, and he's done.

It's just all so boring to me (personally). Maybe the Michigan football program needs constant dick-sucking to black causes! I don't know! I'm just rather bored with the dynamic and feel rather destructive about it all.

We now live in such a fake artifcial world where up is down and down is up. Yes that it to simplify it but the system has to crash and
burn. It won't be pretty for all of us. However in the end the strong will survive.