2022 Marshall Thundering Herd

Claimjumper

Mentor
Since 2006, the Thundering Herd have started 5, 7, 5, 5, 4, 6, 5, 4, 6, 6, 6, 7, 6, 4, 6 and 5 whites. Another year of 5 to continue their decade and a half in the classic 4-7 caste range.

Offense
Henry Colombi - QB
Trent Holler - C
Logan Osburn - RG
Ethan Driskell - RT

Defense
Owen Porter - DL

Two Deeps
Ethan Payne - RB, Dalton Tucker - OL

Phall

Master
Thanks for re-posting. Marshall claimed a big scalp against Notre Dame and then had a let-down in overtime against Bowling Green this past weekend. Its very ugly, unkempt black coach does not instill confidence in me in general.

Columbi is on his third team after beginning his college career at Utah State as a backup to current Packers sideline mascot Jordan Love. He transferred to Texas Tech, where he was a backup to current 4th string Michigan QB Alan Bowman. After losing the Texas Tech QB competition to (former Oregon QB) Tyler Shough, Columbi settled on Marshall as his "graduate student" destination. I'll tip my cap to him for finding playing time (and free resume credentials), but he doesn't strike me as a sympathetic character.

By the way, the population of West Virginia is 95% white, and the demographics in Huntingdon, WV are 87% white. Weird that a West Virginia team would feature only 5 white athletes out of 22. I assume they recruit African scholars of science and medicine at this same aggressive rate.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Thanks for reposting @Claimjumper

It’s frustrating to see Ethan Payne getting minimal opportunities after a great week 1 performance. The caste system does its best to limit or negate fair opportunity for White athletes regardless of performance. Payne’s performance should have led to at least a 50/50 split in terms of carries.