2022 linebackers

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i don’t have the time these days to spend researching college football like i used to (busy with a growing White family and a startup business), but i do catch the occasional blurb, highlight, and Big Ten and/or Arkansas game. that being said, it would be VERY easy to have an all-American team made up entirely of White linebackers this year.

Leonardfan or TwentyTwo, you men are excellent at compiling these lists. would y’all put together one for this year’s crop of stellar playmakers at linebacker?

a trip to start with would be Drew Sanders and Bumper Pool (both for the Razorbacks) and Jack Campbell for the Hawkeyes.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Here are a few I came across:

Jason Henderson LB Old Dominion - current leader in total tackles

Henderson_3.jpg

Arizona St LB Kyle Soelle - 3rd in the nation in total tackles with 2 INTs. NFL Size/Speed/ability

GettyImages-1290785712-e1658869636444.jpg

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Buffalo LB Shaun Dolac currently leads the country in solo tackles with 37 along with a sack and FF so far this season.

614ce5c7e6a3b.image.jpg

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
That’s awesome! He’s a beast. LF, where do you see Campbell going in the draft? Lower than he deserves I’m sure.

I'd say 3rd-4th round. Not where I would take him but that is probably where he will go. Meanwhile the league is littered with black 1st round LBs that suck. White LBs are in another position that our guys punch above our weight in regards to representation vs performance on the field.

Red Raider

Mentor
Mel Kiper has Jack Campbell as his 2nd ranked ILB behind Drew Sanders which would make him probably an early round 2 prospect. Both of the top ranked inside linebackers are 6’5 white dudes which is pretty awesome. Rare to see a ILB with that size, let alone 2 of them who are tops at the position. I have no clue how Campbell checks out athletically but that will definitely determine whether he is a round 1-2 guy or a round 3-4 guy. But you never know, we saw Leo Chenal almost slip to the 4th round last year as a massive, extremely athletic, and productive LB.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Thank you LF and Red Raider for your analysis / prediction. He’s a player (and Sanders too) that I’ll be closely watching for in the draft process.

jphoss

Mentor
Mel Kiper has Jack Campbell as his 2nd ranked ILB behind Drew Sanders which would make him probably an early round 2 prospect. Both of the top ranked inside linebackers are 6’5 white dudes which is pretty awesome. Rare to see a ILB with that size, let alone 2 of them who are tops at the position. I have no clue how Campbell checks out athletically but that will definitely determine whether he is a round 1-2 guy or a round 3-4 guy. But you never know, we saw Leo Chenal almost slip to the 4th round last year as a massive, extremely athletic, and productive LB.
I can’t wait for some black lb who put up mediocre numbers run a 4.4 and suddenly be listed as a first round pick due to his ”speed and upside” and then he’ll be washed out of the league in 3 years

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I can’t wait for some black lb who put up mediocre numbers run a 4.4 and suddenly be listed as a first round pick due to his ”speed and upside” and then he’ll be washed out of the league in 3 years
Lol spot on.

TwentyTwo

Master
Apologies Jimmy C. How did i not see this thread?? Wake me from my slumber!!

I started the 2022 LB Thread with pics before the season in mid August ...but the CF Site went down for maintenance and i lost the post.
Sorry no pics this time.

Jack Campbell.....Iowa
Drew Sanders & Bumper Pool....Arkansas
Tommy Eichenberg...Ohio State
Drake Thomas & Payton Wilson ...N.C. State
Nick Herbig ....Wisconsin
Jett Johnson ....Mississippi State
Dillon Doyle ...Baylor
Wilson Huber...Kansas State
Caden McDonald ...San Diego St
Dax Holyfield ....Virginia Tech
Kyle Harmon ....San Jose St
Keith McGuire....Clemson
Luke Reimer & Garrett Nelson...Nebraska
Jackson Sirmon ....Cal
Kyle Soelle ...Arizona State
Danny Stutsman ...Oklahoma
Noah Wilder ....UAB
Tyler Grubbs ...Louisiana Tech (now in Transfer Portal)
Chase Lasiter .... Eastern Kentucky ( FAU transfer)
Justin Wright ...Tulsa transferring to Oklahoma State
JD Bertrand ; Bo Bauer & Jack Kiser ....Notre Dame
Johnny Hodges....TCU
Hayes Maples ...Southern Miss (injured?)
Kane Patterson ...Vanderbilt
Bryce Gallagher...Northwestern
Easton Gibbs ...Wyoming
Bubba Arslanian...Akron
Clayton Coll....Ball State
Kyle Moretti....Central Michigan
FCS
Johnny Buchanan ....Delaware
Zeke Vandenburgh...... Illinois State
Jacob Dobbs ....Holy Cross
Forrest Rhyne ...Villanova

+ what was added above Henderson & Dolac