2022 Kansas City Chiefs

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
2022 KC Chiefs Preview

The Chiefs are not usually a rooting interest for CF since Fat Bastard (Reid) as taken over as HC. The lard mustachioed man usually keeps a fairly dark roster and has the admittedly talented Magical Mulatto at QB. However, after the draft that KC had, there are signs that the team is moving in a better direction. Let's see how the roster shakes out.

Total White Athletes on Roster (Starters in bold)
16 Whites total, with 6 starters. Grade: D-

QB - Chad Henne, Shane Buechele
FB - Michael Burton
WR - Justin Watson
TE - Travis Kelce, Noah Gray
T - Andrew Wylie
G - Joe Thuney, Nick Allegretti
C - Creed Humphrey
DL - George Karlaftis
LB - Leo Chenal, Jack Cochrane

K - Harrison Butker
P - Tommy Townsend
LS - James Winchester

IR - Blake Bell (TE)
PS - Mike Caliendo (OL), Austin Reiter (C), Cole Christiansen (LB), Zayne Anderson (DB)

A hard team to pin down as they have enough high level White players to peak one's interest but no depth on an overall very black roster. The rooting starts with superstar TE Travis Kelce, who has 6 straight thousand yard seasons under his belt. I believe that in an NFL record for TEs and at 32 shows no signs of slowing down. The other offensive standout is 2nd year center Creed Humphrey. As a rookie, he established himself as a top center in the league, only allowing 1 sack all year! A great draft pick for the seemingly wise KC front office. The other exciting guy to track is WR Justin Watson who had a fantastic training camp and preseason. By all accounts he was the best wide-out but now he has to settle for 5th on the depth chart. The good news is everyone in front of him is either trash (Smith-Schuster, Valdes-Scandling) or unproven (Skyy Moore). I think Hardman has been decent so far but we'll see if Watson can move up the depth chart as the season progresses.

The 2 new defense-men picked in the 2022 draft are the reason I said the team could be moving in the right direction. I terms of numbers from last year, it maybe a wash with Sorenson and Niemann exiting, but I think Chenal and Karlaftis are both future stars. Leo has been so good off the bat that he's already earned the week 1 starting nod at SLB while Karlaftis could is right behind him. Expect the athletic freak Chenal to wreck havoc all over the field in addition to getting a solid amount of tackles. Back to Karlaftis, "experts" expect him to surpass current jabroni starter Michael Danna sooner than later. He's just been too good so far for any racial apprenticeship nonsense. We've even seen comparisons to JJ Watt, which is probably hyperbolic high praise, but nice to hear none the less. Beyond the 53 there is some hope on the PS for some reinforcements. 2 linebackers is nice but the coup de grâce might be "DB" Zayne Anderson from BYU. Since he's listed at DB and played some CB in college, he'll be one to keep an eye on. He fills in as this years token Mormon taking over for Sorenson. The Fat Man in charge is also Mormon and has a very small soft spot for the occasional co-ethnic.

Edit to add: Karlaftis is starting and Chenal 2nd string for now. LB Cochrane called up to active roster.

Last edited:

icsept

Master
Willie Gay suspended 4 games for personal conduct violation. Should lead to more snaps for Leo Chenal.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
If Justin Watson is ever going to be used as more than a fourth or fifth receiver this season, Sunday's game is a good chance to change that. Both Smith-Schuster and Hardman are out for the game, leaving the Chiefs with Valdez-Scantling and Kadarius Toney. Valdez-Scantling has bad hands and still hasn't progressed from running a primitive tree route, while Toney bombed with NYG but of course is being drooled over now after scoring last week. They also have the rookie Skyy Moore, who hasn't done anything of note yet.

Watson is tall, fast and smart. Watson did play 73% of the snaps last week after Hardman and Smith-Schuster got injured but Mahommes didn't look his way. Would be nice to see him have a big game Sunday against the Chargers, but of course this is the NFL so I won't get my hopes up.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
If Justin Watson is ever going to be used as more than a fourth or fifth receiver this season, Sunday's game is a good chance to change that. Both Smith-Schuster and Hardman are out for the game, leaving the Chiefs with Valdez-Scantling and Kadarius Toney. Valdez-Scantling has bad hands and still hasn't progressed from running a primitive tree route, while Toney bombed with NYG but of course is being drooled over now after scoring last week. They also have the rookie Skyy Moore, who hasn't done anything of note yet.

Watson is tall, fast and smart. Watson did play 73% of the snaps last week after Hardman and Smith-Schuster got injured but Mahommes didn't look his way. Would be nice to see him have a big game Sunday against the Chargers, but of course this is the NFL so I won't get my hopes up.
Fingers crossed. I always thought that Watson could be another Eric Decker if given the chance.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
If he receives some targets, he knows what to do with it!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Mahomes Instagram hoe wife, needs to lay off the chardonnay, Xanax, and Twitter. She thinks there is a conspiracy against the Golden(well sorta) Boy Mahomes. Lol

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Mahomes Instagram hoe wife, needs to lay off the chardonnay, Xanax, and Twitter. She thinks there is a conspiracy against the Golden(well sorta) Boy Mahomes. Lol

Guess she forgot the game earlier this season where Mahomes threw 3 INTs against the Chargers and had them all called back.