2022 College Football Week 4

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Van Dyke has been without his top wideout Xavier Restrepo for these past two losses. The Texas A&M loss is one thing, dropping to Middle Tennessee State in a blowout is a pretty poor look for Million Dollar Mario and his Broyles Award-winning savant OC Josh Gattis. With Brennan Armstrong struggling for Virginia, who's the best QB in the ACC this season? Garrett Schrader? Sam Hartman?
I'd say it's Hartman.

Miami's defense looked awful today as well, Chase Cunninham threw for 400 yards and 3 TDs. You would think that Miami would have kept some of the offense installed that made Van Dyke one of the best QBs in the country last year. I find it hard to believe that his play this year (or Armstrong's for that matter) has anything to do with talent and everything to do with new coaching staffs.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's a shame that Stanford doesn't have a better offense. Casey Filkins has about 90 yards rushing with a quarter to go. He had around
70 at the half but Washington is pulling away. The Huskies are ranked as the 18th best team and they are still undefeated. I just hate it
as it takes away what Casey Filkins has done. He also did this with a poor offensive line and the qb & receivers not taking much
pressure off him. So it makes his numbers even better. They Huskies had 5 sacks last I checked an the O Line of Stanford needs to
play better for the running and passing game. Yet Filkins still has had a great game. Says alot about the kid!

TwentyTwo

Master
Casey Filkins finished with 100 yards rushing on 20 carries + 2 rec for 29 yards in his first career start!

Announcers really liked him!

True WL...Too many Sacks (8) on McKee

Bucky

Hall of Famer
The DWFs will never question why Thayer was a Walk-on though!

Rocky B

Master
For Rocky B. and other white rb watchers.

Thanks WL. I watched this game in its entirety when I got home at three in the morning...It’s true the Cardinal line sucked, but Filkins looked great....Did anyone notice the great play Ethan Bonner made on the first play? Deep pass, EB covered him all the way and actually turned his head around to knock the ball away in the end zone.. Moss is NFL ready, DeJean looks like a star already and I just hope Bonner gets an NFL look. White corners need more opportunity..... Always watching the running back games. I have them all taped each week and watch them. Even SMU, BYU, etc.....Once I see our guys aren’t in, I turn it off.....TJ McDaniel must’ve got hurt, not sure whats up with McChesney. Brad Roberts is really fun to watch. If any of you notice a NDSU game being televised, let us all know. I haven’t seen “The Majestical Beast” play this year. Love the name.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

Thayer Thomas made a great play on the first play of the game! Don’t know if he will be drafted or even invited to the senior bowl or combine, but he should get a shot in the NFL.
He should be a 3rd round pick and get the full treatment including senior bowl and combine invites.

Time to rename the pac 12 the black 12. Shaw needs to be fired as well - he’s awful. He decided to go away from the Stanford forumula.

Iowa is the best defense in the country after Georgia gave up 20+ points to Kent State.

Bowers is the best player in the country and should be in the Heisman conversation but since he isnt a colored quarterback from Ohio state or Alabama the media will overlook him.

The Tyler Van Dyke situation irritates me. As @Phall pointed out the very average Gattis is now the OC in Miami. He did nothing at Michigan last year to be viewed as any sort of offensive mastermind. They had the best
O-line unit in the country and leaned heavily on running the ball and solid, mistake free football from McNamara. Miami year in and year out recruits black mediocrity. Why they didn’t keep Manny Diaz’s system or at least elements of it is beyond me. This is more of a concern for Van Dyke’s NFL draft prospects as he would have been in the 1st round conversation with a solid season this year. With the upswing of black quarterbacks in the college ranks playing in simplified system offenses that are plug and play getting turned into first rounders a player like Van Dyke now has an even steeper hole to climb out of.

Warhawk_46

Master
Not trying to criticize, but Shipley needs to finish those and not get walked down. He had 4.4 speed in HS. To his defense, he looks really bulked up since HS, so he may have lost a little speed. He looks tighter in college than he did in HS?
Absolutely agreed. He looked pretty jacked; broad-shouldered kid. However, he shouldn’t be a 220 lbs bruiser so he needs to maintain (even improve) his speed. McCaffrey did this between his 2nd and 3rd pro years. The criticism was he was caught from behind and then in his all-time third year he found that extra gear.