2022 Atlanta Falcons

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Falcons are a typical Caste team, just 4 White starters and 14 total on the 53. They do have two interesting players though in LB Troy Andersen and WR Jared Bernhardt. Andersen was a 2022 second round draft pick out of Montana State after showing as perhaps the best athlete at any position at this year’s Combine in February. He did it all for Montana State, including excelling at running back and quarterback, but is playing strictly linebacker for the Falcons. He’s currently second string on the depth chart but should be starting by 2023 at the latest as the linebackers in front of him are mediocrities.

Jared Bernhardt made the roster as an undrafted free agent. Can’t say I know much about him but a search shows that he played lacrosse for Maryland, where he won the Tewaaraton Award as the nation's best player in that sport. He then followed that up by playing quarterback for Ferris State for one season. He’s listed at 6’1” and 195 pounds and is currently designated as a second string outside wide receiver for a team that is weak at that position, so we’ll see if he actually gets to see the field as a receiver, or is instead used strictly as a WSTD, or is quickly waived and out of the league. The best case scenario is that he follows the path of Chris Hogan, another outstanding college lacrosse player who led the NFL in yards per catch one year and was a key part of the Patriots’ stable of “overachieving” White receivers for several seasons.

Long-time stalwart Matt Ryan is now with the Colts, leaving Atlanta with no White QBs on their roster this year.

LT: Jake Matthews
C: Drew Dalman, Matt Hennessy
RG: Chris Lindstrom, Colby Gossett
RT: Kaleb McGary
WR: Jared Bernhardt
TE: Parker Hesse, Anthony Firkser

LB: Troy Andersen, Nick Kwiatkoski, Nate Landman

Number of White Starters: 4
Total Number of Whites on the 53 man roster: 14
Grade: F

P: Bradley Pinion
LS: Liam McCullough

The practice squad is almost barren with just C Ryan Neuzel and TE Tucker Fisk

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The Falcons are a typical Caste team, just 4 White starters and 14 total on the 53. They do have two interesting players though in LB Troy Andersen and WR Jared Bernhardt. Andersen was a 2022 second round draft pick out of Montana State after showing as perhaps the best athlete at any position at this year’s Combine in February. He did it all for Montana State, including excelling at running back and quarterback, but is playing strictly linebacker for the Falcons. He’s currently second string on the depth chart but should be starting by 2023 at the latest as the linebackers in front of him are mediocrities.

Jared Bernhardt made the roster as an undrafted free agent. Can’t say I know much about him but a search shows that he played lacrosse for Maryland, where he won the Tewaaraton Award as the nation's best player in that sport. He then followed that up by playing quarterback for Ferris State for one season. He’s listed at 6’1” and 195 pounds and is currently designated as a second string outside wide receiver for a team that is weak at that position, so we’ll see if he actually gets to see the field as a receiver, or is instead used strictly as a WSTD, or is quickly waived and out of the league. The best case scenario is that he follows the path of Chris Hogan, another outstanding college lacrosse player who led the NFL in yards per catch one year and was a key part of the Patriots’ stable of “overachieving” White receivers for several seasons.

Long-time stalwart Matt Ryan is now with the Colts, leaving Atlanta with no White QBs on their roster this year.

LT: Jake Matthews
C: Drew Dalman, Matt Hennessy
RG: Chris Lindstrom, Colby Gossett
RT: Kaleb McGary
WR: Jared Bernhardt
TE: Parker Hesse, Anthony Firkser

LB: Troy Andersen, Nick Kwiatkoski, Nate Landman

Number of White Starters: 4
Total Number of Whites on the 53 man roster: 14
Grade: F

P: Bradley Pinion
LS: Liam McCullough

The practice squad is almost barren with just C Ryan Neuzel and TE Tucker Fisk
Its frustrating that they are following in the footsteps on many college programs and going with an all non-White QB depth chart. Then to make matters worse, the 4/5 White offensive line will probably prop them up and give them good protection all year.

Nick Kwiatkoski stands out as another guy who's been jerked around by the CS. Always good enough to start, yet benched at a moments notice. I'm sure at this point he'll only be considered a depth piece and any serious consideration for starting is in the past.

Nate Landman is another interesting guy, as he really excelled in college at Colorado. Then this preseason he showed he could play. Another WTM if given the chance. Fun fact, he was born in Zimbabwe. He should refer to himself as an African American and maybe that will give him a better chance in the Caste NFL.....

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I should have added a blurb about Kwiatkoski as I've been lamenting his treatment as long as he's been in the league, another White LB screwed by not being drafted early and not having a great 40 time but who has made his way around a football field very well every time he's had the opportunity to play.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I won't post this in the Recent Busts thread as Pitts had a very good rookie season, but he's been anything but in 2022 and now he's going on IR. With the season about two-thirds over, Pitts was just 28/356/2 on a team with a very weak WR group. Every year come NFL Draft season the media hypes at least one Black prospect as having never before seen athleticism sure to "revolutionize" his position that never seems to come to fruition. Last year it was Pitts. Oops, it happened yet again.

Falcons placed Kyle Pitts (knee) on injured reserve.​

Pitts is expected to be out for an indefinite amount of time after an MRI on Monday revealed a torn MCL that's likely to require surgery. Now on injured reserved, he's required to miss at least four games, but there's a chance his absence extends beyond the four-game minimum.

I won't post this in the Recent Busts thread as Pitts had a very good rookie season, but he's been anything but in 2022 and now he's going on IR. With the season about two-thirds over, Pitts was just 28/356/2 on a team with a very weak WR group. Every year come NFL Draft season the media hypes at least one Black prospect as having never before seen athleticism sure to "revolutionize" his position that never seems to come to fruition. Last year it was Pitts. Oops, it happened yet again.

Falcons placed Kyle Pitts (knee) on injured reserve.​

Pitts is expected to be out for an indefinite amount of time after an MRI on Monday revealed a torn MCL that's likely to require surgery. Now on injured reserved, he's required to miss at least four games, but there's a chance his absence extends beyond the four-game minimum.
Whats funny is when there is a white athletic freak they never get the same hype as the black player coming out of college. I remember flipping through college games way back when and there is this huge dude like 6'4' 250 pounds returning punts for New Mexico. I don't mean fair catching the ball because he had good hands but running up the field and gaining yards. That returner happened to be Brian Urlacher. Some scout doubted he would even be up to a third round pick. This racial double standard is never going to change though I honestly think certain teams ( college ) are going against the norm now such as Oklahoma or Tennessee or of course Clemson. Tennessee has not had a white rb since I have been following the caste system for 30 odd years. Now they have an offer for one for the class of 23 and 24. We need more Iowa's and old BYU's or this stuff is never going to change.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Desmond Ridder will be starting for the Falcons in Week 15 (they are on bye this week) after Marcus Mariota was predictably bad. Marcus never came close to reaching his "upside" after being a first round draft choice.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Desmond Ridder will be starting for the Falcons in Week 15 (they are on bye this week) after Marcus Mariota was predictably bad. Marcus never came close to reaching his "upside" after being a first round draft choice.
I just read an article about his benching that highlighted his inadequacies this year. I was honestly a little surprised how bad he was as I’ve been viewing him all year through a “fantasy football lens”. For fantasy purposes, he’s been compiling a good amount of points, which shows how deceiving it can be and it certainly hasn’t led to wins. I wonder how many DWFs now view these non-White running QBs as superior because the inherent advantage they have in fantasy football? Too many I’m sure.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I just read an article about his benching that highlighted his inadequacies this year. I was honestly a little surprised how bad he was as I’ve been viewing him all year through a “fantasy football lens”. For fantasy purposes, he’s been compiling a good amount of points, which shows how deceiving it can be and it certainly hasn’t led to wins. I wonder how many DWFs now view these non-White running QBs as superior because the inherent advantage they have in fantasy football? Too many I’m sure.

That's pretty much what makes up 95% of NFL fans - the idiots who play fantasy football. The Falcons have some overrated players including this year's 1st rounder Drake London along with the most overrated TE of all time Kyle Pitts (now on IR for the season).

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
That's pretty much what makes up 95% of NFL fans - the idiots who play fantasy football. The Falcons have some overrated players including this year's 1st rounder Drake London along with the most overrated TE of all time Kyle Pitts (now on IR for the season).
Lol at Kyle Pitts. I think his ceiling is that of Vernon Davis, a good but mostly overrated player. In fact, Pitts will be lucky to match what Davis did. He’s never coming close to any of the elite White TEs.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Stinks Clint blew out his knee last season. He was getting positive feedback as a “Super Back” during predraft.

El Gringo

Mentor
Stinks Clint blew out his knee last season. He was getting positive feedback as a “Super Back” during predraft.

Yeah I always hated that he referred to himself as a “superback”. He might as well say I’m “super” at blocking for black runningback s. A more proper verbiage in my opinion should have been “I played a lot of roles in college but I definitely see myself as a runningback at the next level. I had a 90+ yard run where I outdistanced all of the db’s on the field which proves my speed at 230 lb’s”

Last edited: