2022-'23 NHL Season

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I remember vividly sitting at work years back and a colleague of mine who was a very liberal (((individual))) would bait me and say. Look they legalized gay marriage and nothing happened?

I remember telling him. Dude it’s been a week, give it 10-20 years, and then we can judge.

Well here we are nearly 20 years later and it would appear that we won’t make it 20 more at this pace

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The pushback continues. Another NHL player, James Reimer, San Jose Sharks goalie who is a Canadian Mennonite has refused to hear the Alphabet Cult jersey.

And to do this in San Jose, California, which is so close to San Francisco, takes some courage!

NikoDuke

Guru
More hockey players have recently pushed back against this madness.
The Stall brothers, Canadians who play on the FL Panthers and Ilya Lyubushkin , a Russian who plays on Buffalo Sabres are just two recent examples.

While Lyubushkin' s reasoning came off weak to me as he cited Russian laws and Putin as the excuse to get him out of wearing the jerseys, there does seem to be a growing movement.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I think they saw what happened w bud and target and decided against it … for now.

However so long as (((they))) run the league it will always be just around the corner waiting to popuo

Flint

Mentor
I think they saw what happened w bud and target and decided against it … for now.

However so long as (((they))) run the league it will always be just around the corner waiting to popuo
I agree, this sounds like a temporary move to avoid incidents but will certainly be back as an issue.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I agree, this sounds like a temporary move to avoid incidents but will certainly be back as an issue.

This is why humanity should never ever bend a knee to sodomy. They said it was only about marraige but everything they say
is a lie. They wanted to groom the kids from the start. Of course this groups are not gonna ever tell you the truth.

NikoDuke

Guru
The rumors are that Bettman is taking the high road and saying the issue has become a distraction but, behind the scenes evidently there numerous players who expressed their dissatisfaction with the NHLPA and their agents and that's what drove this. Whether it lasts is the question.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
It lasts if people continue to avoid Budweiser and target in droves and it makes the Bettmans of the world think twice

My guess is that as soon as fools go back and buy there again it will encourage the league to put the “pride” back in the league.

Once they do though I think the Russian and other eastern euro players will be most likely to push back first. Shame when the hey have to lead the way

FootballDad

Hall of Famer