2021 Track Season Results

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Congrats to Jacobs but like I said with Alex Wilson where there is smoke you usually have fire. From no sub 10's in his career to the fastest man on earth in
one year. Nothing to see here, folks move right along. Ignore the Elephant in the room.

Sorry mastermulti. I went to bed at around 4.00 am my time so I missed the finals. I tried but I was tired and seeing both of our guys not make the finals put
me in a little of a sad mood. I was so sure Rohan Browning would make the finals. I didn't expect him to medal or win in the finals but I was shocked that he
didn't make it. His top end speed is off the charts. He finished 5th with the same time as the 4th place finisher but that was after a horrible start. Still bummed
out about it. I really hope he considers Europe but time will tell. If I see one more white sprinter retire with a 10.01 I'm going to scream. I've seen just in the last
10 years time, Richard Kilty, Julian Reus, John Teeters and others. Heck even Quinn is stuck and now Browning. At least Quinn and Browning are still young.

Oh and mastermulti yes I also knew Su Bingtian would be shot for the finals. He left it all on the
track in the semis. I'm shocked he still went sub 10 in the finals as I know his body was in alot of pain.
Your also right about how things stiffen up like concrete very quickly.

Many of the other events are living up to the hype. Gonna still enjoy the rest of the Olympics. I just had to vent one more time.

freedom1

Mentor
Yeah, speaking of our 10.01 wonders, where is Emile Erasmus? Is he there for a relay? Or is back at home fighting off Zulus and communists from taking over his farm.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
this MASSIVE improvement also stood out to me ... i’m not the track historian many of you are, but i can’t think of any examples of where our guys made these HUGE improvements on their personal-bests after reaching the pro ranks. most of our guys, even while still at the collegiate age, start battling to shave off mere hundredths of a second (ala Rohan Browning) and are SUPER EXCITED when this happens. yet so many black sprinters, even those who have already been longtime pros, shave these massive fractions off their times and no one bats an eye.

it’s frustrating to be sure.

Jacobs had never even been in the 100m final of an major championship until this Olympics.
Imagine that - his first major championship is the Olympics, and he wins!!
It's just so unlikely in today's world of professional athletes training year 'round with coaches, nutritionists, scientists, masseuses, etc, it's just impossible to be believed as legitimate.

mastermulti

Master
Su is a flat out caste buster. He is living proof you don't have to be African to run an elite time at 100 meters. Browning is frustrating for me in that I am hung up on the 10.00 time. I know if he would have sat down on it just a little harder, he would have broken it. Everything has to be just right in those races, and if you wait until tomorrow, you many never get your chance. Yes, I hope he takes his great conditioning to Europe and makes a few more stabs at it in events where he does not have to worry about saving himself.

he was interviewed by the Australian press and was quite rational about it and not at all "grieving". He said he simply misplaced his intitial steps and you can't do that in this company.
(his reaction time was fine) and tended to pop up.
Of course if you lose a little momentum then you have to play catchup throughout all the acceleration phase which can amount to a metre you lose.
The good thing to take away from that was that he never lost more than that. He's always picking the positives to balance the negatives and is as objective as possible. He's not a brooder which is a great attribute I think

white lightning

Hall of Famer
he was interviewed by the Australian press and was quite rational about it and not at all "grieving". He said he simply misplaced his intitial steps and you can't do that in this company.
(his reaction time was fine) and tended to pop up.
Of course if you lose a little momentum then you have to play catchup throughout all the acceleration phase which can amount to a metre you lose.
The good thing to take away from that was that he never lost more than that. He's always picking the positives to balance the negatives and is as objective as possible. He's not a brooder which is a great attribute I think

Hearing an intelligent sprinter speak like Bungtian, Browning and others is so nice to hear. This kid is very classy on and off the track China should be very proud of him.

As I said earlier we should all applaud Rohan Browning. Despite immense pressure he performed outstanding. He had to remember how bad he did when he was sick
and got knocked out in the first round of the World Championships a couple of years ago. To have the pressure of his country and other things, he showed his class. He
ran a 10.01 and 10.09 both wind legal. Very positive signs for the future.

mastermulti

Master
Jacobs had never even been in the 100m final of an major championship until this Olympics.
Imagine that - his first major championship is the Olympics, and he wins!!
It's just so unlikely in today's world of professional athletes training year 'round with coaches, nutritionists, scientists, masseuses, etc, it's just impossible to be believed as legitimate.

Jacobs is all just amazing glute strength , isn't he?
I think many underperformed, especially 2 Americans. Baker's better than that time shows.
Su Bingtian I reckon hurt himself in those last struggling moments of his semi. It was painful to even watch. I'm guessing that's why his start was poor - I bet he's hurting today and receiving treatment. But he made sure the Asian 100 record belongs again to a home grown Asian man, not an import of convenience.
Simbine again performed consistently to his high standard. No medal but plenty of heart.
De Grasse very successful return after his long recovery- surgery for achilles problem, mononucleosis, hamstring problems

And if I were Browning I'd come away feeling pretty confident in my ability to run with the best guys. Maybe not beat them but belong there at that level.
He mentioned in the interview his plan to race in Europe (this year I think). But can that be right - unless there are more meetings to finish the season off.
He'd get entry into races now with his 10.01 in that company. He said he knows he'll go sub 10.
Maybe he'll stay there and get some indoor stuff in? He's run 6.55 here in February and we rarely run that distance. Experiencing indoor boards would be a new experience for him.
Lastly, he's also finished his exams (with almost perfect score) and doesn't want to start practising law till he sees what he can achieve on the track

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Interesting article m.m. Thanks for posting it.

Does anyone have predictions for the mens & womens 200 meters?

I feel the long jump is going to be won by the young greek long jumper Miltos Tentoglou. It will be a tough battle but I expect him
to jump at least 8.40 or better.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
regarding the part-Italian champion ... yet another example of the old adage (coined by me many years ago):

once you go black, you become a single mom.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I feel the long jump is going to be won by the young greek long jumper Miltos Tentoglou. It will be a tough battle but I expect himto jump at least 8.40 or better.

I think Tentoglou just won with his last jump of 8.41.
Not confirmed though. I am following the live results online.

Interesting article m.m. Thanks for posting it.

Does anyone have predictions for the mens & womens 200 meters?

I feel the long jump is going to be won by the young greek long jumper Miltos Tentoglou. It will be a tough battle but I expect him
to jump at least 8.40 or better.

Μy Greek compatriot Tentoglou won the gold with 8.41m . ;)

Good call White Lightening !!!!!

sprintstar

Mentor
Monthlier had a jump on his last jump that was over 8.45 but he just nicked the plaster-sine by 2cms, his jump if legal would have won gold, man that is heartbreak.

Visser never factored but a 20 y old square jawed Jamaican came 3rd almost got Harrison at the finish.

Yes Sprintstar Thobias Montler SWE was only 2cm over the plasticine indicator with his 8.45m Jump.
Miltiadis Tentoglou GRE wins gold in the Men’s LJ

4 of the top 8 are White Athletes.
Eusebio Caceres ESP was fourth.
The two Cubans 2/3 are trained in the Soviet School of Jumping.

As far as jumping goes White Athletes:
Win HJ in 2020 Olympics
WinLJ in 2020 Olympics
The Triple Jump world record has been held by White English Athlete John Edwards for 26 years.
The World’s Greatest Triple Jumper is Viktor Saneyev from Georgia. He was Gold at 68/72/76 Olympics and Silver at the 80 Olympics.
He was head coach at Dynamo Tbilisi after retirement.
Viktor had a tough life with his Father being an invalid and passing away when he was 14. Then after his career the USSR broke up and Georgia had a civil war. He lost his job and moved with his wife and son to Australia where he started out broke almost selling his Olympic Medals to raise money to feed his family. He decided against that and got a job as a pizza driver.
Later on he became associated with the NSW institute of sport and coached in Australia.
Mastermulti mentioned that Viktor has his own health problems now which is sad.
I put Viktor Saneyev along with Borzov and Bubka as the three best Athletes in history.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Yes Sprintstar Thobias Montler SWE was only 2cm over the plasticine indicator with his 8.45m Jump.
Miltiadis Tentoglou GRE wins gold in the Men’s LJ

4 of the top 8 are White Athletes.
Eusebio Caceres ESP was fourth.
The two Cubans 2/3 are trained in the Soviet School of Jumping.

As far as jumping goes White Athletes:
Win HJ in 2020 Olympics
WinLJ in 2020 Olympics
The Triple Jump world record has been held by White English Athlete John Edwards for 26 years.
The World’s Greatest Triple Jumper is Viktor Saneyev from Georgia. He was Gold at 68/72/76 Olympics and Silver at the 80 Olympics.
He was head coach at Dynamo Tbilisi after retirement.
Viktor had a tough life with his Father being an invalid and passing away when he was 14. Then after his career the USSR broke up and Georgia had a civil war. He lost his job and moved with his wife and son to Australia where he started out broke almost selling his Olympic Medals to raise money to feed his family. He decided against that and got a job as a pizza driver.
Later on he became associated with the NSW institute of sport and coached in Australia.
Mastermulti mentioned that Viktor has his own health problems now which is sad.
I put Viktor Saneyev along with Borzov and Bubka as the three best Athletes in history.

If only Amercians and so many others around the world would just quit believing all the lies and propaganda. It's meant to hold whites down and to not give them a sense
of pride that all males need. White children and adults are happier when they see their own ethinicty succeeding in sports and in life.

Victor Saneyev was and still his an absolute legend. Even without the world record he is clearly the best triple jumper to ever live. No disrespect to our
white brother world record holder Jonathan Edwards.

greyghost

Mentor
Rubbish ...Jacobs is a Texan doper who has improved 3 meters in 2 yrs ......same as su ...another doper aka okagbare ...
And note ..I was right about browning and tentoglu ....if browning goes racing in Europe ..he may actually go 9.9 s ..against quality opposition ....

mastermulti

Master
Riley Day beats Jenna Prandini to the line in women's 200 semi 1 22.56 a new PB by over 0.2 seconds . So 0.3 secs away from a finals berth but very happy with her result after a covid year and no international races.
Can't believe the 200 form Prandini has lost in 3 weeks.
Schippers nowhere with her 23.03.

Elaine Thompson nearly stopped on the line and still equalled her PB 21.66 in semi 2 - I feel she could possibly approach Fl0-Jo's 21.34 WR in the final - untouchable this year

Ta Lou wins semi 3 in 22.11

ONE American reaches the final _Gabby Thomas with her 3rd place 22.01 in semi 2

greyghost

Mentor
What about the polish athletes .......does anybody actually read anything to have a conversation ..or is it just posting for the sake of posting .....or just ignore anything that is not palatable .,,,...

greyghost

Mentor
Prandini isn’t juicing ..so the strength levels aren’t there ..she peaked at usatfs ......

mastermulti

Master
What about the polish athletes .......does anybody actually read anything to have a conversation ..or is it just posting for the sake of posting .....or just ignore anything that is not palatable .,,,...

gee you moan a lot mate LOL. But being provocateur isn't working. Maybe no-one wants to talk much or argue atm ..... you'll be able to fire people up on Letsrun.com though

freedom1

Mentor
Laurel Hubbard is exhibiting female pattern baldness.

gettyimages-943572194-750b0fc01621d07d9affbd3f2dd04b3395b3513f-s800-c85.jpg