2021 Track Season Results

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Miltiadis Tentaglou of Greece just jumped 8.60 meters (0.7w).
It's a massive jump - about 28ft 2-1/2 in.
16th longest jumper of all-time. 3rd longest European.
And he's only 23 yrs old

white lightning

Hall of Famer
And he's only 23 yrs old

I will be gone most of the day but thanks for posting this. Tentaglou has potential to have a shot at the world record in the next 2 or 3 years
if he continues to progress. I see no reason why he can't continue to improve. Fantastic jump and so early in the season. This is exciting!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
The NCAA East and West regionals start tomorrow.
All the collegiate sprinters we've spoken about - Boling, Webb, Beck, Hari, Kratz, Bouchereau, Jewell, and some others - are scheduled to run.
Let's see if any of these guys are ready for a break through.

Well Boling, Beck, Webb, and Jewell all advanced out of the 100m heats at the NCAA Regionals.
As did Kratz and Bouchereau.
Just looking at the results and not having seen the races, it looks like Jewell and Webb did better in the west regionals than Boling and Beck in the east.
Jewell won his heat in 10.07 (2.7w). Webb was 2nd in his heat in 10.12 (2.5w).
Boling won his heat in 10.21 (2.7w). Beck was 4th in his heat in 10.24 (1.9w).

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Boling a distant 2nd in his 200m heat. 20.51 to 20.36 for 1st.
He's qualified for the next round, but honestly I find that slightly worrisome.

DWF Upside

Mentor
He needed a strong finish and got one in the 100. Better to have a letdown early and still move on. He’s looked a lot better, almost as if he just conceded first in the 200.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Yes, he had a good burst and finish in the 100m, but he was too far behind at the start.
He can't afford to do that at this level of competition.
He didn't look that good in the 200m. We will know better after the quarter-finals.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Yes, he had a good burst and finish in the 100m, but he was too far behind at the start.
He can't afford to do that at this level of competition.
He didn't look that good in the 200m. We will know better after the quarter-finals.

The start alot of times is not all his fault. This is the 2nd major event in a row where he was stuck on the far outside lane. How many sprinters win many races from lanes 1 or 8? Not many and how many
olympic or world champioship medals are won from those lanes? You get the point. It's so hard to react to the gun as quickly and efficiently when you are on either the far inside or outside lane. That being
said he recovered quite nicely. It took alot of energy though and that's why he shut down early in the 200 meters. Just my opinion but I honestly believe that he will be just fine. Expect a new 100 meters p.b.
by alot in the the next round. I don't see him breaking his 200 until the final round and even that will be difficult with the number of races in a short time frame.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Well Boling, Beck, Webb, and Jewell all advanced out of the 100m heats at the NCAA Regionals.
As did Kratz and Bouchereau.
Just looking at the results and not having seen the races, it looks like Jewell and Webb did better in the west regionals than Boling and Beck in the east.
Jewell won his heat in 10.07 (2.7w). Webb was 2nd in his heat in 10.12 (2.5w).
Boling won his heat in 10.21 (2.7w). Beck was 4th in his heat in 10.24 (1.9w).

Please watch this!
Just watched the heats of the west regionals and Zachary Jewell was very, very impressive!! He reminded me of Matthew Boling in high school. :)
He totally smoked the field, which included several conference champions.
Go to 1hr, 21 minutes of this link to see his heat.
Jackson Webb is in the following heat, and he looked good as well.

sprintstar

Mentor
Jewell and Webb both looked very good in the 100m, Jewell coasted in the 200m from 150m out did very well. Boling looks tight but finished well in the 100m. It looked like he did just enough to qualify in the 200m.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Boling and Beck are in the same quarter-final heat along with Laird.
In fact Boling and Laird will be in adjacent lanes, so we'll get a good idea of what to expect from him in these championships based on this heat.

mastermulti

Master
mate, I think Laird will finish 3rd - ONLY if he wants to finish 3rd. Got to say he's running so relaxed and such fast cadence. A great example for Boling to run against I reckon

white lightning

Hall of Famer
mate, I think Laird will finish 3rd - ONLY if he wants to finish 3rd. Got to say he's running so relaxed and such fast cadence. A great example for Boling to run against I reckon

I agree. Even though I'm obviously rooting for Boling and Beck, it's very unlikely that either of them beats Laird in either distance currently. The bright side is that Laird can help pull them to personal bests trying to catch hm. Laird is the class of
every collegiate sprinter at the moment and one of the best 100/200 meters guys in the world. Give credit where credit is due. In the long run though Boling will step it up. I just doubt he can do it yet as his body isn't ready to run that fast yet. I hope
that I'm wrong.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
And he's only 23 yrs old

Here is this epic long jump. The future is bright for Miltiadis. What an amazing talent he is. The kid can fly. Would love to see him do the 100 for a full season to see what he could do for new personal bests. I do believe he is
in the right event though. He is already a double European Indoor and European Outdoor Champion. I see some Olympic or Worlds Championships Medals in the future. Would love to see him break the world record someday! ;)

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Please watch this!
Just watched the heats of the west regionals and Zachary Jewell was very, very impressive!! He reminded me of Matthew Boling in high school. :)
He totally smoked the field, which included several conference champions.
Go to 1hr, 21 minutes of this link to see his heat.
Jackson Webb is in the following heat, and he looked good as well.

If nothing else, I would like to see Zachary Jewell run in a wind legal race so he can set a new PB.
He's been running great times recently, but they've all been wind aided (10.07w, 10.09w, 10.12w).
I want him to get a great PB that he can brag about forever. He's a senior, so now's the time! He may not have another chance.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Claire Bryant of Florida, a freshman, was the leading Long Jump qualifier in the East Regionals.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I don't know where it happened, but Mary Beth Price (Sant) ran a PB 11.15!
With that wind legal time, she is now qualified to compete at the Olympic Trials.
Congratulations to her!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I don't know where it happened, but Mary Beth Price (Sant) ran a PB 11.15!
With that wind legal time, she is now qualified to compete at the Olympic Trials.
Congratulations to her!

Wow that's great. I was gonna post about Abby Steiner not making it out of the opening rounds of the 2021 NCAA East Coast Regionals. She must still be injured or out of shape.

This news about Mary Beth Price cheered me up. Hope both Cunliffe and Prandini can meet all the requirements for the US Olympic Trials too.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I've always enjoyed watching Andrew Robertson of England competing. Robertson is 31 years of age now but still in great shape. He opened up his outdoor 2021 season
running a very nice time of 10.29 into a negative 1.8 wind! Turn the wind around or have no wind and he is already in 10.20 shape. Very impressive and even more so for
his first race outdoors. Also England has had some of the toughest lockdowns of their citizens so I'm sure it's been very hard for their sprinters to train. This guy is a guy
that just works his tail off for everything and has gotten so little exposure over the last decade. Just happy he is still running at such a high level.

mastermulti

Master
I have an inkling of an idea that Andrew Robertson will continue to run as he gets older. If so he'll be SOME masters' athlete.
Yes W/L, that time into that wind totally turned around is close to his 10.10 PB

sprintstar

Mentor
Yah Steiner running a 23.59 is not a good sign, she looked like she was struggling the whole race(lane 9)most likely has an injury. MB Sant congrats on the 11.15. What meet did she run that PB in?

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I'm sure Abby Steiner is recovering from an injury because she didn't run in her conference championships 2 weeks ago.
What a shame. She was a favorite to be the 200m NCAA champion, and had a good chance of making the Olympic team.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Matthew Boling finishes 3rd in the 100 running a windy 10.09 with Cole Beck in 5th with a 10.10! Disapointing race but at least Boling qualified to compete for the
NCAA East Team at the NCAA National Championship in Eugene, Oregon in June. Cole Beck missed making the team by 1/100th of a second. It's amazing that
Boling still has a p.b. in the 100 of 10.11 from two years ago. He keeps catching windy races which don't count like his sub 10 a couple weeks ago.

Last edited: