2021 Tennessee Volunteers

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Since 2005, the Vols have started 4, 5, 5, 5, 4, 4, 2, 4, 10, 5, 6, 7, 5, 1, 1. In 2021 the Volunteers are projected to start up to 4.

Not sure why I took any interest in this write-up or the Volunteers program. I did look at the spring game Highlights and Harrison Bailey was easily the best QB to play. The buzz is for Jim Haurbaugh's starting black quarterback from 2020 Joe Milton to come in and get the starting job. Heupel supposedly recruited him and wanted him to transfer. I guess he did not watch any Michigan games last year. Hopefully Bailey somehow ends up with the starting job - by merit he probably deserves it.

Players to watch: WR Jack Jancek (star of spring game), WR Walker Merrill (4 star prospect),

OFFENSE:
QB Harrison Bailey **position battle with two quotas
C Cooper Mayes
RG Cade Mayes

DEFENSE
DT Caleb Tremblay

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Hopefully Maurer lands on his feet elsewhere. Don't worry though because Joe Milton got DAT UPSIDE

Tennessee sophomore QB Brian Maurer entered the transfer portal.

Tennessee's four-man starting quarterback competition has just cleared up just a little, as Maurer (6'3/205) was absent from practice last week and has now thrown his name into the transfer portal. The competition between Joe Milton, Harrison Bailey and Hendon Hooker has shuttled Maurer down the depth chart, so it makes sense that he would seek to play elsewhere. Milton is viewed by observers as the quarterback who offers the Tennessee the most as far as upside is concerned, though four-star second year player Harrison also has shown intriguing talent as well.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
More caste speak nonsense, based on what does Milton have more upside? Besides the obvious racial aspect. Anyways, good for Maurer.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Upside Milton named the starter.

Volunteer boosters probably salivating

LOL that is a joke. Bailey played very well in the spring game only to have Milton who struggled after being gifted the job at UM. My guess is Milton is a good practice player that does not carry over to live game action.

Red Raider

Mentor
LOL that is a joke. Bailey played very well in the spring game only to have Milton who struggled after being gifted the job at UM. My guess is Milton is a good practice player that does not carry over to live game action.
When reading about him being named the starter all they talked about was his arm strength. Who cares how strong his arm is if he sucks at everything else?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
When reading about him being named the starter all they talked about was his arm strength. Who cares how strong his arm is if he sucks at everything else?

Physical attributes trump ability when it comes to the caste system. At least Maurer got out. Bailey was a 4 star recruit and the best QB on the roster - maybe he will leave too.

Heupel is another of the new age cuck coaches at the college level - pretty much all of the younger head coaches are taking the caste system to the extreme - Heupel, Harsin, Day and Riley are doing their best to eliminate White QBs which is the next step in the caste system.

Phall

Master
That's exactly it - Milton can throw the ball 70 yards. He has always struggled with accuracy, completing less than 50% of his passes as a 3-star high school recruit. He's not a running threat and also isn't particularly elusive. He can't throw on the run when the pocket breaks down. You don't have to take my word for it - there are four games of film from last year proving it. If he is really an undeniable athletic talent, his 'real' position should be tight end.

After getting yanked for McNamara in last year's 3OT Michigan vs. Rutgers showdown, Milton 'allegedly' was furious on the sideline and declared that he would transfer and "put up 50" on Michigan next year. Some coaches might have kicked a player off the team at that point if the account is true. Michigan ended up putting him back out on the field the next game after McNamara got hurt (spoiler: he didn't improve after the demotion). It's surprising that Milton got one chance to start for a P5 program; in fact, he is getting two. I don't suppose Heupel is coaching for his job this season, but I wonder if a midseason QB change will precipitate a reversal of fortune for a mediocre Tennessee team just like last year when Milton got benched.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
That's exactly it - Milton can throw the ball 70 yards. He has always struggled with accuracy, completing less than 50% of his passes as a 3-star high school recruit. He's not a running threat and also isn't particularly elusive. He can't throw on the run when the pocket breaks down. You don't have to take my word for it - there are four games of film from last year proving it. If he is really an undeniable athletic talent, his 'real' position should be tight end.

After getting yanked for McNamara in last year's 3OT Michigan vs. Rutgers showdown, Milton 'allegedly' was furious on the sideline and declared that he would transfer and "put up 50" on Michigan next year. Some coaches might have kicked a player off the team at that point if the account is true. Michigan ended up putting him back out on the field the next game after McNamara got hurt (spoiler: he didn't improve after the demotion). It's surprising that Milton got one chance to start for a P5 program; in fact, he is getting two. I don't suppose Heupel is coaching for his job this season, but I wonder if a midseason QB change will precipitate a reversal of fortune for a mediocre Tennessee team just like last year when Milton got benched.

Sounds like Milton has a case of black entitlement if there ever was one. I certainly hope this blows up in Heupel's face along with all the Volunteer DWFs.

Red Raider

Mentor

Wow I just looked and his completion percentage in all 3 of his high school seasons were below 50% and he was still a 4 star recruit. No white QB would ever get that privilege.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Tennessee is an awful caste squad. I’m glad they are starting the quota. I wouldn’t want a White athlete helping them succeed. This Bailey kid should have chosen a more fair program. I’m sorry for him that he had to learn the hard way.

Phall

Master
Mainstream journalists are not convinced, but Heupel will be sticking to his guns. Bowling Green is stuck at the bottom of the MAC and may be one of the worst D1 programs again this season.

Joe Milton inconsistent in Tennessee debut

Milton was named the starter on Monday, and got off to a white hot start to open the game against Bowling Green. The 6-5, 244 pound quarterback had the Volunteers up 14-0 after just a handful of minutes. He was efficient and attacking, taking what was given to him and moving quickly down the field. Milton scored the game’s first touchdown, keeping the ball himself on a four yard touchdown run.

However, after those two touchdowns, the wheels fell off for Milton. A disastrous second quarter had Bowling Green in striking distance at halftime, as the Falcons trailed 14-6. Milton struggled to complete passes, or even find an open receiver.

Tennessee went back to the ground game to open the third quarter with great success. You kind of got the sense that Heupel knew he could have what he wanted on the ground, but he also needed to see something from his new starting quarterback. Honestly, after those first two scoring drives, we didn’t see much of anything else from the passing game.

Milton misfired on a couple of deep shots, barely missing a wide open Cedric Tillman. He sailed both attempts long. Milton also seemed a touch slow getting through his reads all night long, getting himself into trouble in the pocket — which eventually led to a sack fumble.
He finished his night by finally hitting a deep strike, thanks to an outstanding effort in the endzone from Cedric Tillman. Milton ended the night 11-23, 140 yard and a touchdown. He started the night 9-11, then went ice cold.

Josh Heupel on Joe Milton: "There wasn't anything that was earth-shattering where we thought we needed to make a change. We believe in Joe."

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Mainstream journalists are not convinced, but Heupel will be sticking to his guns. Bowling Green is stuck at the bottom of the MAC and may be one of the worst D1 programs again this season.

Joe Milton inconsistent in Tennessee debut

The BGSU QB Matt McDonald was better than Milton too! Milton cooling off like that against BGSU should setting off all types of warning signs for Heupel. Instead he is part of the newer generation of coaches who are actually worse than the previous caste coaches that maintained the status quo through the 90s and 2000s.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Vols go with Hooker the other Quota to replace Milton.. Bailey of course, passed over. I despise Tennessee's Football Team. The State seems okay, besides the DWF SEC fandom.

Phall

Master
QB Harrison Bailey to the transfer portal. Plenty of "upside" and "potential" left for this top-100 ranked player in the 2000 class. No need for him to waste away on the Volunteers bench.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
QB Harrison Bailey to the transfer portal. Plenty of "upside" and "potential" left for this top-100 ranked player in the 2000 class. No need for him to waste away on the Volunteers bench.

Good news. Bad initial choice, let's hope he does better second time around.

I noticed Media was heaping praise on Josh Heupel even after he was destroyed by Alabama. "He kept it close for a while though." Final score 41-17. Just shows how the media likes to polish a turd.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Glad to see Bailey jump ship. Heupel went with Milton who was awful right out the gate to the other quota. Bailey had a strong spring and fall camp and at least he caught on that goober heuepel does not believe Bailey has the right skin color to run his offense.