2021 Los Angeles Chargers

TwentyTwo

Master
This team needs to be back in San Diego but that's for another discussion.
The powder blue uniforms are arguably the best in the NFL!

Scanning the pre season roster 6 players (possibly 7?) on the Defense should be on final 53 man roster

Edge Rushers.....Joey Bosa ...Elite player
OLB Kyler Fackrell....starter on the other side; one of my favorite defenders over the years
LB Drue Tranquil ...needs to stay healthy
DE/OLB Joey Gaziano
Rookie LB Nick Niemann
Safety Ben DeLuca...undrafted rookie free agent landed on a good team!
Tree stump Nose Guard ...(another undrafted Rookie Free Agent) Forrest Merrill will also be one to watch

QB Justin Herbert Rookie season showed he can be elite!
Chase Daniel ; Easton Stick; KJ Costello (future Practice Squad?)are the back up's likely battling for the other 2 spots.

WR's John Hurst (speedy player from D2 West Georgia) & Austin Proehl are currently buried on the Depth Chart need to shine this pre season

Phall

Master
I'm glad Joey Gaz is sticking around by the skin of his teeth. He was dominant at Northwestern against plenty of future pros. He just always lacked that magical upside.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
DeLuca and Merrill both should have been drafted. I hope they both make the team. Herbert is fun to watch and will probably be the best QB from the 2020 draft when all is said and done.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
When I lived out west in the L.A. area I was a big Chargers fan. It's ludicrous that they moved from San Diego as they had one of the best hardcore fan bases in the League there. Totally loyal fans that pulled hard and very loud for them no matter what their W-L record. Anyway, I will be pulling for them to win the AFC West as long as/if Herbert is QB, or another backup paleface is.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I'm glad Joey Gaz is sticking around by the skin of his teeth. He was dominant at Northwestern against plenty of future pros. He just always lacked that magical upside.

Gaziano is an ideal fit as a 3-4 defensive end. He went to Northwestern, which is located in Evanston, a near north suburb of Chicago.

The Bears should have signed him. They play a 3-4 and need depth at DE.

But they're too stupid. And too racist.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Just saw an article stating that LB Drue Tranquill lost his starting job to Kyzir White due to White's "athleticism.

Tranquill actually tested better athletically in every category while being 15+lbs heavier than White.

Tranquill's combine results - 4.57 40 / 31 BP rep / 37.5 Vert / 122 Broad Jump / 6.94 3 cone / 4.14 20 yd shuttle / 11.64 60 yd shuttle

White's combine/pro day - 4.69 40 at Pro day / 21 BP Rep / 35.5 vert / 113 Broad Jump / 6.96 3 cone - pro day / 4.26 20 yd shuttle - pro day / could not find 60 yd shuttle

Maybe Tranquill is not all the way back from his injury but the numbers above are supposed measures of athleticism and Tranquill blows away Kyzir. I guess the melanin deficiency is the missing athleticism ingredient he is missing.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'm hoping Tranquill's snaps increase as the season goes on and that his continuing recovery from last year's injury is the cause of his unexpected demotion after receiving strong reviews all training camp as the presumed starter. White is not only lesser athletically but hasn't produced much when he's started in the past. But it's the NFL and we'll have to see what happens.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I'll be cheering for them out there in AFC West, but they are in a tough division.. Definitely a fan of all that depth on Defense and of course Herbert. Hoping Tranquil gets healthy and plays more as year goes on as Don mentioned! Him and Muse are perfect new age athletic freaks at LB.

Jerry Reb

Mentor
Just saw an article stating that LB Drue Tranquill lost his starting job to Kyzir White due to White's "athleticism.

Tranquill actually tested better athletically in every category while being 15+lbs heavier than White.

Tranquill's combine results - 4.57 40 / 31 BP rep / 37.5 Vert / 122 Broad Jump / 6.94 3 cone / 4.14 20 yd shuttle / 11.64 60 yd shuttle

White's combine/pro day - 4.69 40 at Pro day / 21 BP Rep / 35.5 vert / 113 Broad Jump / 6.96 3 cone - pro day / 4.26 20 yd shuttle - pro day / could not find 60 yd shuttle

Maybe Tranquill is not all the way back from his injury but the numbers above are supposed measures of athleticism and Tranquill blows away Kyzir. I guess the melanin deficiency is the missing athleticism ingredient he is missing.

That's an excellent comparison for "lurkers take note." Unlike the leftists and DWFs, we back our claims up with proof.

Herbert is great and alongside Drue Tranquill, Joey Bosa, and Nick Niemann on defense they are a definitely a team to root for.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Chargers coach Brandon Staley said Joey Bosa (reserve/COVID-19 list) will not play in Week 16 against the Texans.
Bosa was added to the COVID list alongside Austin Ekeler and center Corey Linsley earlier today. Staley added that cornerback Kemon Hall will also miss this game. Bosa is reportedly unvaccinated so it's possible that this is the first of multiple games that he's out. Luckily for LA, his first absence comes against the hapless Texans. Even without Bosa and others, the Chargers should take care of business versus Houston.

Bosa is on a ventilator and is not expected to live. "That'll teach him," sneered a jubilant Dr. Fauci, who is now advocating that parents give their children a Covid test twice daily and make sure they never take off their masks, including in bed.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Chargers coach Brandon Staley said Joey Bosa (reserve/COVID-19 list) will not play in Week 16 against the Texans.
Bosa was added to the COVID list alongside Austin Ekeler and center Corey Linsley earlier today. Staley added that cornerback Kemon Hall will also miss this game. Bosa is reportedly unvaccinated so it's possible that this is the first of multiple games that he's out. Luckily for LA, his first absence comes against the hapless Texans. Even without Bosa and others, the Chargers should take care of business versus Houston.

Bosa is on a ventilator and is not expected to live. "That'll teach him," sneered a jubilant Dr. Fauci, who is now advocating that parents give their children a Covid test twice daily and make sure they never take off their masks, including in bed.
Lol! I love the mockery encased in dark humor. I've found that at least for me this has been a real helpful tactic and consistent therapy in all this nonsense.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Chargers had a lot of White players on defense last year. Seems they will again this year. With Herbert getting better and better, the Chargers would be a quality playoff team to support.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Chargers had a lot of White players on defense last year. Seems they will again this year. With Herbert getting better and better, the Chargers would be a quality playoff team to support.

Hopefully they draft a few White OL, a White TE too!

Reeder should have been much more sought after. Played heavily on the team that won the SB this year, was an impact player too.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at the Chargers' current depth chart, Reeder has a good shot at significant playing time. Last year's starter Kyzir White signed with Philly, which leaves Khalil Mack as an edge rusher and then Drue Tranquill and Kenneth Murray as the other starting LBs. Murray has been yet another first round bust to this point and there's no one else to speak of other than Nick Niemann who is listed as third string, so Reeder landed in a good spot depending on how the draft goes. Would be nice to see Tranquill stay healthy as he's almost guaranteed a season-long starting spot if he does.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Looking at the Chargers' current depth chart, Reeder has a good shot at significant playing time. Last year's starter Kyzir White signed with Philly, which leaves Khalil Mack as an edge rusher and then Drue Tranquill and Kenneth Murray as the other starting LBs. Murray has been yet another first round bust to this point and there's no one else to speak of other than Nick Niemann who is listed as third string, so Reeder landed in a good spot depending on how the draft goes. Would be nice to see Tranquill stay healthy as he's almost guaranteed a season-long starting spot if he does.

Murray has indeed been a bust Don! Another 1st round big 12 LB that gets the black privilege stamp of approval is Jordyn Brooks - Seattle's 2020 1st round pick - he amassed tackles like a White LB does, had only one sack and 0 INTs so far.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Drue Tranquill has a big opportunity to establish himself this season. Kyzir White was a tackling machine last year but he's gone to the Eagles now. Tranquill has the talent but has been injury prone, something he needs to avoid this season. If he fails again at least the Chargers signed Troy Reeder, but there's no guarantee he'll be allowed to step in for Tranquill if Tranquill falters or gets hurt again. From a Chargers fan site:

This morning, I want to hear from all of you about which Chargers player you personally feel has the most to gain during this upcoming season. Whether it’s a struggling veteran or an up-and-coming young gun, I want to hear which players you feel are primed for a big year — or simply NEED a big year for the sake of their career — in 2022. One player that comes to mind for me is Drue Tranquill. He’s headed into his fourth year with the Chargers and he’s now the bonafide of the team’s linebackers, which is also one of the youngest positions on the team. With Kyzir White in Philadelphia, this could be a big season for Tranquill to prove he could be the team’s long-term answer in the middle and solidify himself for the foreseeable future in the powder blues. We’ve seen the flashes, but now it’s time to see if he can stay on the field and up the consistency of his game on a week-to-week basis. https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2022/4/20/23029466/chargers-news-nfl-2022-drue-tranquill