2020 NFL Week 9

The call on the hit on $cam was 50/50. I thought it wasn't too bad. If I'm the Jets, worth it! Meanwhile, we are supposed to think that Flacco shouldn't be a Day One starter. Yeah, mkay, sure ...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Way to go Rex!

Gotta say this year's MNF crew is a huge improvement over what we had to endure the two previous years. Steve Levy calls the games straight with no Caste verbiage, and Griese and Riddick are pretty good too. All three were complimentary of Rex, as they should be of course. But if the noxious Booger was still in the booth it would have been much different.

Way to go Rex!

Gotta say this year's MNF crew is a huge improvement over what we had to endure the two previous years. Steve Levy calls the games straight with no Caste verbiage, and Griese and Riddick are pretty good too. All three were complimentary of Rex, as they should be of course. But if the noxious Booger was still in the booth it would have been much different.
That drive would have been hard to take if Rex hadn't gotten the payoff.

Booger is literally the worst I have ever seen/heard. Getting him out of the booth should only be step 1.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Flacco looks good out there, the Pats DB did just fall over on that last pass though. Comical to watch the Pats fall though.

icsept

Master
That Jets TD is why I wonder if the NFL is fake, scripted. The defender just fell down and Flacco lobbed it up for a TD. Nothing to see here...unless it was a White DB, he would be immediately benched, cut, and banished from the league.

Rocky B

Master
Rooting against the new look Pats, but rooting for Rex......
Pats losing to the 0-8 Jets......

I’m hoping GunnerO finishes strong.....

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It's somewhat comical to hear them talk about the offense and their lack of WRs while totally neglecting BBs track record drafting WRs and players in general.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
LOL Scam trips over himself. That should be on sportscenter's not top 10 plays am i right?

Well, if nothing else, we can't complain about Burkhead not getting touches tonight. He's their offense. A fake to him would leave him wide open for a touchdown.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Since Cam Newton ignores Gunner at the wide receiver postition when he's on the field, at least the coach gets him some carries. He has run the ball 3 times tonight for 15 yards to go along with Rex Burkheads 12-56 yards so far.

How many teams have two white guys running the ball? Not a fan of the team like I used to be but that's still kind of cool. Gunner needs to become a bigger targert as a receiver. He is so damn fast and explosive!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Winovich played a lot more in this game, I'll be checking on his snap count when it's available.

Warhawk_46

Master
I think Gunner could be a fine running back to be honest. He has the build for it at 6’, 190 lbs.

He looks good back there. Could see him as a very effective hybrid player.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
That hit on Newton was clean imo. Hit shoulder pads then helmet.

DWF Upside

Mentor
Is @DWF Upside unbanned yet? Want to hear his take on Foles and the Bears offense...lol
My take is that you are a mental midget, who is celebrating the 2018 Super Bowl MVP having a difficult time executing Nagy’s playcalling while being protected by the worst set of Sumo’s in the NFL. I can only imagine how derpy you are in real life.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
My take is that you are a mental midget, who is celebrating the 2018 Super Bowl MVP having a difficult time executing Nagy’s playcalling while being protected by the worst set of Sumo’s in the NFL. I can only imagine how derpy you are in real life.

LOL. I'm not bashing Foles at all - but you were the one who was assuring us that he was clearly better than Trubisky. We have seen the Bears offense fare no better and arguably worse with Foles at the helm. I mentioned issues with drops from Bears WRs and you questioned me. I totally agree with you on the Nagy/Lazor playcalling and terrible OL but you kept on bashing Trubisky and putting Foles up on a pedestal which makes you look derpy :)

Trubisky played behind the same line in the same offense and you had no issue denigrating him. You argument holds no validity.

DWF Upside

Mentor
Not true, the starting Bears Sumo’s have now 3/5 been injured and replaced by even worse Sumo’s. Trubisky is a mobile QB who can operate in that system of chaos, but cant make simple throws. Tom Brady would look no better than Foles while getting pressured immediately in that crap offense. Also, how was I supposed to know that Nagy would screw with Foles ability to make adjustments at the line or run up tempo while not opening up the playbook. No Bears fans knew he was that bad of a coach to want to lose.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
My counter to you that Nagy also screwed with Trubisky - not allowing him to call audibles, make adjustments, nor use his mobility - rather make him stay in the pocket instead of incorporating bootlegs etc. The playcalling has been bad as has the managing of the offense. The stubbornness to force feed Montgomery who is a little bit better than pedestrian also kills this offense. Robinson is the only reliable WR. Much like the Bears did with Shaheen (who has now landed a small contract extension with the Dolphins after being traded) they refuse to get Kmet involved in the passing game and instead rely on the over the hill Jimmy Graham.

Massie and Leno are two of the worst starting bookend tandems in the league. Pace is just as bad at drafting/free agency as Nagy is at coaching.

Perhaps we can just agree that Foles, Trubisky or any other QB would be successful with the current front office/coaching staff in place. I'll be honest I was a big fan of Trubisky's during his time at UNC and through the draft process so I become a little emotionally invested and to see his ability be squandered irks me along with the media targeting every young white QB in the league.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I Haven't been watching the NFL since Brees caved to BLM. But can we agree that this idiot and caste hound Nagy is gone mosh gosh very soon!

Last edited: