2020 NFL Week 9

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Nick K hits like a Mack truck!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Again I don't get why D-coordinators aren't assigning someone to hit Murray during these read option plays. They figured it out 7 years ago but now it's a mystery again.

I have been wondering about this for a while. Is Adam Thielen on a downward slide? Ever since he got injured last year he hasn't put up consistently big number games. He has had three really good games this year but the rest have been pretty quiet. Today he had two catches on four targets for 38 yards. 19 YPC is a nice number but only two catches isn't.

I am not in a full scale panic just yet. His half way through the season stats (37-480-7) aren't all that bad and a 1,000 yard season is still in his sights. If that happened this chatter will thankfully be all for naught. But these down games are becoming more frequent which is concerning.

I hope Thielen rebounds a bit here and has a more consistent second half of the season.

Andy Isabella isn't quite dead yet but close. So far I noticed he has a 2-10 stat line on three targets.

The Vikings have been doing a lot of run-heavy offenses lately. Today they had 34 run plays and 20 pass plays. It's difficult for any WR to put up huge numbers under those circumstances.

Kirk Cousins was very efficient when he did throw the ball, however. 13 of 20, 220 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT.

C-Mac came back with a bang. 151 all-purpose yards and 2 TDs. I hope he's not going to go right back out with another injury.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Is Williams faking the injury because he dropped the game winning TD? Will he be out there on the next play?

Bills beating the Seahags was the Caste victory of the year so far. Josh Allen showed off his skills and Pete's Plantation took a well-deserved loss.

Even with Harrison Phillips inactive and Matt Milano on IR, the Bills still had AJ Klein, Trent Murphy, and Justin Zimmer on defense.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Bills beating the Seahags was the Caste victory of the year so far. Josh Allen showed off his skills and Pete's Plantation took a well-deserved loss.

Even with Harrison Phillips inactive and Matt Milano on IR, the Bills still had AJ Klein, Trent Murphy, and Justin Zimmer on defense.

Woo hoo! The more Zimmer pays the better he'll get.

The Steelers and Dolphins were both lucky to come away with wins. The Steelers gave the Cowboys a last-chance drive that they never should have had and the Dolphins let Murray run all over the field when it's been known for years exactly how to keep that kind of QB running in check.

Shadowlight

Master
The Steelers seemed to benefit from a slew of late calls and the Cowboys should have put the game away early in the third. I agree. That being said it seemed to me Watt kept tipping the ball. I don't know how many times but more than a couple. Plus he had a lot of QB hurries.

Nick K had 13 tackles for the Raiders. Somehow didn't fit into the Bears profile. A classic form tackler. I think that Nagy has studied the complete works of Jack Del Rio. He hasn't gotten around to the ugly ending yet though. He will find out the hard way I guess.

Danny Amendola is having a terrific season in limited time. His stat line is 25-401-1.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Nick broke out big time with 13 tackles, 10 solo vs. the Chargers. He had been playing well but didn't have big tackle numbers until now.

Edit: Shadowlight already had it covered :)

Rocky B

Master
I’ve never heard the phrase subtraction by addition....
Usually it’s the other way around....
Adding ABrown to the Bucs is subtraction by addition......

Shadowlight

Master
Chris C just compared Taysom Hill to a fullback. He is not a fullback you jackass.

I don't think Miller has played a snap and if he has it was once.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I’ve never heard the phrase subtraction by addition....
Usually it’s the other way around....
Adding ABrown to the Bucs is subtraction by addition......

No matter how good a player is, it's never worth it to deal with the soap opera drama papa crap these guys bring with them.

I remember back when McNabb was a long time qb for the Eagles. They finally got to the Super Bowl and all T. Owens could say was that is was his team. These types of guys are cancers to the locker room. The Eagles lost that super bowl
despite Terrell Owens and his cocky stupid arrogance. Lmao.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
No matter how good a player is, it's never worth it to deal with the soap opera drama papa crap these guys bring with them.

I remember back when McNabb was a long time qb for the Eagles. They finally got to the Super Bowl and all T. Owens could say was that is was his team. These types of guys are cancers to the locker room. The Eagles lost that super bowl
despite Terrell Owens and his cocky stupid arrogance. Lmao.

I think McNabb and his lack of conditioning caused them to lose that super bowl if i remember. Owens was a cancer to the locker room for sure - caused a rift but he did play the super bowl on a broken leg and had a great game.

There was some good commentary on the infamous "toast to Tiki Barber" thread about T.O. and McNabb. The gist of it is that as much of a drama queen T.O. was, his willingness to publicly criticize McNabb was a breath of fresh air in a league where black quarterbacks are the most sacred of sacred cows.

Shadowlight

Master
Taysom Hill is showing off so far tonight. Nice pass. Nice catch. And then hits the hole like a bullet and has a nice little leap to finish off the run.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
The Saints moving the ball easily against the all black Tampa defense.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Hill with a key block on the TD. This guy does everything.

Shadowlight

Master
This new Bucs chemical concoction has blown up in their faces tonight. I thought they were unbeatable when they had a four man WR of Miller, Watson, Godwin and Evans. And throw in a fifth receiver from time to time. Watson isn't in the rotation anymore and Miller might end up being a movie extra sooner rather than later. AB looks as rusty as a four hundred year old nail.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Hopefully AB blows out his knee and harmony can be restored