2018 TCU Horned Frogs

Red Raider

Mentor
Since 2005, TCU has started 10, 8, 9, 8, 9, 11, 8, 10, 7, 4, 3, 5, 4, and 5. This year they drop down to a very disappointing 2. Theres some decent depth but nothing special at all. There are 2 senior WRs and a senior S who are not getting any love from the media but maybe they can see the field this year.

OL Trey Elliott

LB Ty Summers

Key Backups: QB Michael Collins, QB Grayson Muehlstein, WR Patrick Zeller, TE Cole Novak, OL Chris Gaynor, OL Wes Harris, DE Michael Epley, LB Garret Wallow

Shadowlight

Master
Thanks Raider.

For years now I have found them generally despicable. The one WR recruit who I thought would emerge, Ty Slanina, who graduated, had some injuries but they made no effort to get him involved in any meaningful way. A stand out track athlete the few times they threw him the ball they were four yard dinks. Flickers of whites on D from time to time but TCU has been consistently caste for ages now.

Screw this team.

Last edited:

Vanilla_Sky

Mentor
TCU's official depth chart released today also has Cole Novak starting at TE and Garret Wallow at LB.

TwentyTwo

Master
Thanks for the head's up Vanilla Sky! Can't depend on Ourlads....Garrett Wallow (soph.) is a heavy hitting HS Safety out of Louisiana plenty capable of playing in the SEC. Let clueless DWF's give me a down vote!

Ty Summers is a game changer at LB!

What's up with the O-Line??

referendum

Mentor
Uncertain who the starting QB will be on Thursday, possibly Michael Collins gets the nod for at least some of the game due to black quarterbacks injury.

referendum

Mentor
As of now according to ourlads, and including Collins taking over, we now have five white starters,
QB, Collins,
RG, Chris Gaynor
TE Cole Novak,
RDE, Ty Summers
LB, Garret Wallow,

Horned frogs move up from terrible to just bad in terms of white participation.

Heretic

Master
TCU quota to transfer.

TCU trending lighter with their '19 class, including a White dual-threat QB and 4 Whites on defense.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
TCU quota to transfer.

TCU trending lighter with their '19 class, including a White dual-threat QB and 4 Whites on defense.

Wow surprised at that.

I hear that Mizzou may be a landing spot for the transferring quota - looks like Missouri is going to be stockpiling them.