2017 Purdue Boilermakers

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I'd just like to apologize for not finishing my last couple of write-ups. Since 2005, the Boilermakers have started 9, 8, 8, 9, 11, 12, 8, 6, 9, 13, 10, and 7 white starters. A jump back up to 9 for Purdue this year. They looked good in their season opening game against Louisville, and can hopefully not be a Big 10 doormat this year. It'll be interesting to see what new coach Jeff Brohm does in regards with recruiting. I don't think he can get much worse than Hazel was. Jackson Anthrop will be the player to watch on this squad. Against Louisville, he had an absolutely huge game right out of the gate.

Notable backups: Jack Wegher (not on the depth chart, and is behind 5(!) other RBs.), QB Griffin Alstott (Mike Alstott's son; he's only a freshman, but not on the depth chart), QB Elijah Sindelar, an all-white 2nd string OL, WLB Andy Chelf or Sawyer Dawson, and MLB Garrett Hudson. Not much white depth on this team outside of the usual, "approved" positions.

Offense
QB- David Blough
WR - Jackson Anthrop
TE - Cole Herdman
LT - Grant Hermanns
LG - Shane Evans
C - Kirk Barron
RG - Matt McCaann
RT - David Steinmetz

Defense
SS - Jacob Thieneman

Heretic

Master
I'd just like to apologize for not finishing my last couple of write-ups. Since 2005, the Boilermakers have started 9, 8, 8, 9, 11, 12, 8, 6, 9, 13, 10, and 7 white starters. A jump back up to 9 for Purdue this year. They looked good in their season opening game against Louisville, and can hopefully not be a Big 10 doormat this year. It'll be interesting to see what new coach Jeff Brohm does in regards with recruiting. I don't think he can get much worse than Hazel was. Jackson Anthrop will be the player to watch on this squad. Against Louisville, he had an absolutely huge game right out of the gate.

Notable backups: Jack Wegher (not on the depth chart, and is behind 5(!) other RBs.), QB Griffin Alstott (Mike Alstott's son; he's only a freshman, but not on the depth chart), QB Elijah Sindelar, an all-white 2nd string OL, WLB Andy Chelf or Sawyer Dawson, and MLB Garrett Hudson. Not much white depth on this team outside of the usual, "approved" positions.

Offense
QB- David Blough
WR - Jackson Anthrop
TE - Cole Herdman
LT - Grant Hermanns
LG - Shane Evans
C - Kirk Barron
RG - Matt McCaann
RT - David Steinmetz

Defense
SS - Jacob Thieneman
I think Brohm is pretty much Caste, but maybe not quite as bad as Hazel was. His 2018 class is pretty dark. When a 4-star 2018 White LB recruit had to choose between Purdue and Michigan State a couple of months ago, he said he thought he had a better chance of playing time at Michigan State after meeting with both coaches, which is telling...especially coming from a 4-star recruit. He chose Michigan State. I thought Purdue would have some type of fairly stringent academic requirements, but perhaps not. It's just tough to get White football coaches that come from the South to have an unbiased opinion of White football players when they move north to coach. Ironic, I know.

Riggins44

Master
LB Markus Bailey looks very white in alot of photos.

7014958.jpg

14_7022964.jpg

4_1292335.jpg
images

Then in other photos he looks mixed. What it makes it more confusing is he was Academic All-Big 10 as a freshman.

He is probably mixed. Whatever he is, he's quite white.

Last edited: