2017 Masters

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Great leaderboard and some compelling storylines. Will Sergio finally break through? If he wins tomorrow it will be on the 60th birthday of the late Spanish golfing hero Seve Ballesteros. Can Jordan Spieth overcome being 10 strokes behind after the first round and win another green jacket after last year's collapse? Will Justin Rose add a Masters win to his already impressive career? Can Rickie Fowler break through and win a major? Can Adam Scott do it again? Even former champion Charl Schwartzel is in contention at -2.

Tomorrow should be another unforgettable Masters final round.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I agree. Very much looking forward to the final round!! It should be some great theater! I thought it was pretty cool to see the gallery starting to get behind Sergio as he progressed through his round. He hasn't always been very welcome in the United States, so it's great to see the fans finally starting to root for him. Hopefully, he can make enough putts tomorrow. I'd like to see him or Jordan Spieth win it first and foremost, but any of the top guys winning would make for a great story.

icsept

Master
I'll be watching all 5 hours of live action today. I have some money on Rose, but a Spieth win would be the best. Spieth is a true superstar with the potential to make everyone shut up about Tiger already.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
No offense to Justin Rose, but I really want to see Sergio pull this out. I have a family member who works in the sports media world and has meet and come across Garcia quite a few times. He tells me Sergio is a genuinely humble and great guy. A green jacket would be redemption for the many years of disappointment.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
No offense to Justin Rose, but I really want to see Sergio pull this out. I have a family member who works in the sports media world and has meet and come across Garcia quite a few times. He tells me Sergio is a genuinely humble and great guy. A green jacket would be redemption for the many years of disappointment.
Well, I've watched a good 4 hours of the Masters and it sure hasn't went the way I would've liked, but at this point, I'd have to say I'm pulling for Sergio as well. Rose has a US open. Sergio has no Major. It would be nice to him see him finally get one!

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Congrats to Sergio on finally getting his major and a green jacket!! He's definitely a worthy and deserving champion, and a huge weight has been lifted off his shoulders. I loved seeing the fans rooting for Sergio as well. It turned out to be a great duel on the Back 9 by Garcia and Rose, with both of them hitting some great shots. Garcia's par on 13 and his eagle at 15 were amazing, as was his putt in the playoff to clinch it. Another great Masters in the books.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Another fantastic Masters! Most years it's better than a movie script and was again this year.

It solidified again in my mind that it's the best sporting event America has to offer. It's like a four-day journey back to America 1.0 -- everyone is well-mannered and acts with class, and 99 percent of the players, officials and fans are White. Now unfortunately the four-day reprieve is over and it's back to Amerika 2.0 with all its ills and decadence.