2017 Maryland Terrapins

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Here are the starting white Terrapins for first year coach DJ Durkin. From 2005-2014, Maryland started 4, 5, 5, 4, 4, 10, 8, 9, 8, and 6 white starters. There was no write-up done in 2015, and they had 7 last year. There's a reason I didn't want to do this write-up, because, despite their shocking win at Texas, I think this team will end up around 6-7 wins, and will be pretty dark. And dark is an understatement to describe this team. They tumble down to an unbelievable three (this is shocking even with the caste system). Unless you feel like watching this pile of coal for a shot to see RB Jake Funk play, stay as far away from this putrid team as you possibly can. One tremendous upside QB got hurt against Texas, and low and behold, a true freshman QB with tremendous upside takes his place! With their improbable win at Texas, said QB likely has starting privileges for the rest of the year, even if he sucks.

The limited white depth to watch for on this garbage heap: QB Max Bortenschlager, RB Jake Funk (3rd string), TE Avery Edwards (I guess leading his team in receiving from the spot two years ago isn't enough to keep your job when a room-brightening smile comes in), C Johnny Jordan, DE Brett Culka, and SAM LB Brett Shepard (3rd string). In just a year, a lot of the white depth disappeared off of the team. Even Jake Funk isn't a reason to tune in to watch this team.

Offense
LG - Sean Christie
C - Brendan Moore

Defense
WLB - Shane Cockerille

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
So both quotablacks are now out for the season and Max Bortenschlager is taking over as starter, with Caleb Henderson backing him up.

Now they'll have more time to dedicate the fine craft of back alley craps. ;)