2017 California Golden Bears

Vanilla_Sky

Mentor
UC Berkeley is a mess and lately has been in the news for all the wrong reasons. The ground zero of cultural Marxism, the campus of UC Berkeley has become a literal battleground of ideologies since the election of Donald Trump, with frequent protests by Antifa groups evolving into full on riots and violence against right-wingers. The campus disease of political correctness has run deep, with even the Berkeley mayor calling for the university to shut down the school's 'Free Speech Week' set up by conservative students and set to be hosted at the end of next month; featuring an array of speakers from the provocateur Milo Yiannopolous to the more mainstream, conventional conservative speaker Ben Shapiro, all of whom have still been labelled 'Nazis' by the university establishment. You can't even appease these people.

Gone is Sonny Dykes who introduced the air raid offense to this team and even lightened up the roster through recruiting the abundance of talented white players present in Northern California and the Pacific Northwest. Prior to him, was Jeff Tedford who drove down the university by recruiting tons of academically unqualified, crime-prone players to the university, where I am sure they were coddled by the Marxist academics as an 'oppressed group'. In his first year this season is ex-Wisconsin defensive coordinator Justin Wilcox; it will remain to be seen if he follow Tedford's model of recruiting straight from the hood, or will instead follow the university's actual academic standards.

Since 2005, the Bears have started 7, 7, 11, 6, 8, 9, 6, 5, 8, 8, and 7 white players. This year they will jump up to double digits for the first time in a decade. Perhaps what is most remarkable about this team is how much white depth they will feature at 'forbidden' positions. It's almost shocking that a far-left university that features a student body that is only 26.0% white would feature more white skill players than almost anywhere in the country; the culture divide between this team and the surrounding university must be astounding.

Offense -
QB - Ross Bowers
WR - Vic Wharton III
TE - Kyle Wells
LT - Patrick Mekari
LG - Kamryn Bennett
C - Addison Ooms
RG - Valentino Daltoso
RT - Jake Curhan

Defense -
NG - Tony Mekari
LB - Cameron Saffle

Back ups include QBs Chase Forrest and Chase Garbers, RBs Patrick Laird and Fabiano Hale, FB Justin Norbeck, TE Gavin Reinwald, LT J.D. Hinnant, C Ryan Gibson, RT Henry Bazakas, DE Rusty Becker, LBs Jordan Kunasyzk and Evan Weaver, and DBs Ashtyn Davis and Luke Rubenzer.

RB Patrick Laird was awarded a scholarship this year and should routinely receive carries; Fabiano Hale will get looks mostly in garbage time. Unfortunately incumbent starter senior safety Luke Rubenzer was some how beat out at the for the job; he is listed as a back up alongside sophomore Ashtyn Davis. Rubenzer is a converted QB and a ball hawk, Davis is a walk on from the track team who is the 2017 PAC-12 champion in the 110m hurdles. He was formerly listed a back up corner. Both should be intriguing to monitor.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Good write up, but Cals student body is only 26% white?! WTF and they say white genocide is a myth.

It's a shame how they've treated Rubenzer. All he does is make plays when he's on the field but guess he doesn't have the upside er pigment the real affletes are blessed with.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The bulk of Cal's student body is probably Asian. Orientals and Indians are quietly taking the place of Whites at most prestigious universities (and most STEM jobs). And of course Jews are usually counted as White in these breakdowns and are another group that is disproportionately represented at all top universities, which makes the actual White percentage that much lower.

Vanilla_Sky

Mentor
Don is very correct in his assessment that the majority of Cal's student body consists of Asian students.
demo.png
This in spite of years of affirmative action (done despite being forbidden in California via Prop 209) which sought to dramatically increase Hispanic and African-American enrollment. Even now, the majority of Hispanic and Black students in the University of California system are studying 'majors' that are largely cultural communist rhetoric; things like Gender Studies, AA History, etc.

Even as states such as California begin to look more and more like Brazil, I would expect white athletes to remain in similar numbers even as their total racial share of the population declines. Asian-Americans are almost entirely uninterested in athletics, mestizo-Hispanics seem to lack the body structure required to play pretty much any sport (and those that can seem to be shifted towards baseball), leaving black and white athletes to make up the majority of competition. Even now, in very dark sports like track & field, we see more top quality white sprinters coming out of California, then say New England or the Midwest.

Additionally, at institutions such as UC Berkeley, UCLA, or USC, where admissions are extremely competitive for non-athletes, the walk ons used to fill out rosters are almost homogeneously white because of the academic standards required. This is why these universities remain to have teams that actually have white athletes over-represented compared to the demographics of the school.

Don is also correct that many Arabs, Persians, Jews, etc are listed as white in these demographics. Though I suspect the first two may be making 'Other' if it is self-reported, judging by the fact that this category is particularly large in the school demographics, in addition to the fact that identity politics are rampant on these universities and people would be choosing to identify as non-white whenever possible. It is also worth noting that, despite Jewish-Americans heavy left-leaning politics, these universities non-white student bodies are notoriously anti-Zionist and have become ground zero of the BDS debate. But this is a topic for another discussion board.

Heretic

Master
After the last several years of Cal getting their asses handed to them by White-friendly Stanford, perhaps Cal finally decided maybe there's another way they can win games? Their 2017 class was relatively White-friendly and their 2018 class is even more so. I think the relatively low White percentage of students at Cal also gives them cover to recruit more White players; ironically, even perhaps for (White) affirmative action purposes.

Maybe McCaffrey taking this kick return 98-yards to the house in front of Cal's coaches on the sideline was visual proof to their coaching staff that it's possible to win (and dominate) games by recruiting and playing White players?

Riggins44

Master
If I were his father, I'd get a paternity test on that one. He looks as biologically black as Michael Jackson's "biological daughter", Paris. ;)

That can't be his biological father. Vic Wharton III looks whiter than me. And I look pretty damn white.

white is right

Hall of Famer
His dad is half White or maybe slightly higher, that said for a Quadroon he looks very White. Aside from slightly kinky hair, there is no hint of African ancestry but what Black would be that much of a cuckold to name his step son III? I don't even know if Woody Allen would have the cuckold fantasies to do that....

That can't be his biological father. Vic Wharton III looks whiter than me. And I look pretty damn white.
I'm gonna keep following him, and see how the media/fans view him. Clearly views himself is white judging by his own young family. Even if his dad is mixed, I bet Vic is listed as a white male in the US pop. census.
whartonfamily_Vic_Wharton_III_Family_Courtesy.jpg

Last edited: