2014 Green Bay Packers

backrow

Hall of Famer
From Weenieworld:

ESPN Packers reporter Rob Demovsky considers seventh-round WR Jeff Janis a lock to make the 53-man roster. Janis has had a strong camp and then scored a 34-yard catch-and-run touchdown last weekend against the Rams. There's no way he'd sneak through waivers and onto the Packers' practice squad. Janis will likely open the season as the Packers' No. 5 receiver. He needs to be owned in all Dynasty formats.

i'll be damned, coming from Rotoworld, that some high praise, indeed!

TwentyTwo

Master
Just told with a Packer fan at the gym today Jeff Janis put a stamp on being a lock to land on the 53-man squad after that 34 yard TD! Even the dudes at Rotoworld can not deny this!

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I read where Vontaze Burfict was fined $10,000 for striking a Packers player in the groin in a 2013 game. When I read what happened and the relatively small amount of the fine I figured the player was white.

I was right. It was Ryan Taylor, a tight end for the Green Bay Packers.

Burfict should have been suspended for that incident.

Let's see if similar incidents happen again this year.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Joe Kruger DE has been signed to the Practice Squad. 1 injury away from playing time I hope! Also Taylor TE was cut..

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Joe Kruger DE has been signed to the Practice Squad. 1 injury away from playing time I hope! Also Taylor TE was cut..

Kruger is like 21 years old - came into the league early last year. I hope he gets a shot in Green Bay.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Kruger is like 21 years old - came into th?e league early last year. I hope he gets a shot in Green Bay.

Me too! He's got the genes and size to.make a difference. Rajis out for year and sumo Boyd is knicked up so is future flop Datone Jones. Injury to Luther Robinson and GB might now have a choice buto play Kruger.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
The Packers just gave up 44 points to the Saints. The Packers have had a weak defense for years.

Maybe they should start looking for a new defensive coordinator. Dom Capers's defenses don't seem to be getting the job done.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
The Packers just gave up 44 points to the Saints. The Packers have had a weak defense for years.

Maybe they should start looking for a new defensive coordinator. Dom Capers's defenses don't seem to be getting the job done.

I was echoing the same thing earlier in season. But I think its personnel not scheme.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a nice article on Jeff Janis. Even the few commenters after the article are supportive. Green Bay and New England are the two organizations where a White receiver has a decent chance to develop without being ruined by negativity from the local media and DWFs, and more importantly by unfair treatment from the organization itself. Denver might be another one.

Can Jeff Janis break out for Green Bay Packers in 2015?

http://lombardiave.com/2015/02/21/can-jeff-janis-break-green-bay-packers-2015/