2012 NFL Week 10

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hideous "tackling" attempts by the Crawfords' d-backs.

I like the Vikings a lot too. They and the Texans (and possibly the Rams) have the only defenses to root for, and they're about average on offense. Overall easily one of the five relatively White friendliest teams in the NFL.

Kaptain

Master
Rex Ryan continuing to refuse to play Tebow is just absurd. I remember when coaches had the guts to routinuely remove established starting qbs for back-ups that provided a necessary "spark". Don Shula did it all the time with woodley and Don Strock. Now a qb has to suck for years before a gutless coach dares make a change. Of course the caste system has a lot to do many of those cases.

As I watch mnf, Hillis looks great. Will the coach have the guts to continue to play the "hot" runningback? i doubt it. It seems these days coaches are more likely to hide a potential spark on the bench rather than create a controversy by letting him spark the team to victory.

This game is almost unwatchable. It's just bad football. Hillis does look good. Nice run to keep their drive alive. The Steelers are always welcome to lose.

Kaptain

Master
So a one win team now has two costly celebration penalties. This is ridiculous! No real negative reaction to this display of stupidity from the coaches or even the game announcers. Just a ho-hum another part of the absurdity of today's NFL status quo that as come to be expected and accepted.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
"Shameless flatterer" doesn't begin to describe how over the top Jon Gruden is. Jericho Cotchery makes his first catch of the game with three minutes left and Gruden raves how "the New York Jets are wondering how they let this guy go." Cotchery has exactly 25 receptions in a season and a half with the Crawfords and is their fifth receiver.

Every player on the 1-7 Chiefs Gruden has mentioned he makes sound like a perennial All Pro. It's not hard to see how he panders so heavily to blacks when he coaches.

davidholly

Mentor
Anyone who thinks there's parity in the NFL needs only to look at the shameful display that was that game. If Big Ben's injury sidelines him for a few weeks it'll finally bring the Crawford's black experiment into full swing.

Highlander

Mentor
Good god, if you didn't you know this is a story about football in the NFL, you'd figure it was a story from the Pee Wee Leagues...

Call it the Holliday rule.

The Broncos love when Trindon Holliday scores touchdowns. They'd just like him to hold on to the ball a little longer while he's doing it.

Holliday has scored return touchdowns in consecutive games — a 105-yard kickoff return against the Bengals to go with a 76-yard punt return against the Panthers — and nonchalantly dropped the ball at, or before, the goal line on each of them.

Neither was waved off by the league-mandated replay review of all scoring plays, but it was too close for Broncos coach John Fox's liking.

And it was too close for the NFL's liking as well, as the league said Monday that Holliday's touchdown against the Panthers should have been ruled a lost fumble and a touchback.

As a result, now with any future scoring plays, Holliday has to turn in the ball to get back into the Broncos' bench area.

"He's got full instructions from Jeff Rodgers, our special teams coach, to bring the ball all the way back to him," Fox said. "Bring it to the sideline, hand it to your coach."

Asked if he realized he gave up the ball too early Sunday, Holliday said Monday:

"No, I didn't realize that. Actually it happened last week too and I thought I was actually in the end zone this time, but they told me I wasn't. So I had to go back and look at the film and I really wasn't, so coach told me next time to just bring him the ball so we'll be all right."

And on the new plan, Holliday added:
"Just cross the goal line and bring (Rodgers) the football to be on the safe side."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21982392/broncos-want-returner-trindon-holliday-refrain-from-td

white is right

Hall of Famer
Good god, if you didn't you know this is a story about football in the NFL, you'd figure it was a story from the Pee Wee Leagues...

The Broncos love when Trindon Holliday scores touchdowns. They'd just like him to hold on to the ball a little longer while he's doing it.

Holliday has scored return touchdowns in consecutive games — a 105-yard kickoff return against the Bengals to go with a 76-yard punt return against the Panthers — and nonchalantly dropped the ball at, or before, the goal line on each of them.

Neither was waved off by the league-mandated replay review of all scoring plays, but it was too close for Broncos coach John Fox's liking.

And it was too close for the NFL's liking as well, as the league said Monday that Holliday's touchdown against the Panthers should have been ruled a lost fumble and a touchback.

As a result, now with any future scoring plays, Holliday has to turn in the ball to get back into the Broncos' bench area.

"He's got full instructions from Jeff Rodgers, our special teams coach, to bring the ball all the way back to him," Fox said. "Bring it to the sideline, hand it to your coach."

Asked if he realized he gave up the ball too early Sunday, Holliday said Monday:

"No, I didn't realize that. Actually it happened last week too and I thought I was actually in the end zone this time, but they told me I wasn't. So I had to go back and look at the film and I really wasn't, so coach told me next time to just bring him the ball so we'll be all right."

"Just cross the goal line and bring (Rodgers) the football to be on the safe side."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21982392/broncos-want-returner-trindon-holliday-refrain-from-td
I bet his favorite reading on plane flights are comic books or Road and Track. I think this movie starred players like this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGwH3sdfpq8

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
I think bigunreal's comments on the Patriots are valid. McDaniels is forcefeeding the ball to Lloyd to the detriment of the team and the White stars. Danny's TDs have all come from sucker plays that he made the most out of and bailing Tom Brady out when he was in trouble. He had what should have been the long game winning TD earlier in the season that was called back by a bogus call from the replacement refs but I doubt it was designed to be anything special.

Sadly the Patriots are the friendliest offense to White players, which just means that every other team is even worse. The Patriots offense could be so much better with a few simple, logical choices. Like, don't force feed the ball to one player that isn't producing, and how about designing your most athletic RB some carries beyond power runs up the gut.

This is exactly right. If they would just use Gronk, Welker, and Woodhead as the main cogs in the offense they would average 50 points a game. Then it wouldnt matter how horrible that defense is. If the opposition started to key on the White guys THEN Loyd, Branch, Hernandez, and Ridley could be of some use. I saw Ridley get at least 5 little quick pitches around the edge, and he didnt do nothing with them. For every yard he gets Woohead would get 3. I find it hard to believe that any coach can be as stooopid as Josh McDaniels.

This is exactly right. If they would just use Gronk, Welker, and Woodhead as the main cogs in the offense they would average 50 points a game. Then it wouldnt matter how horrible that defense is. If the opposition started to key on the White guys THEN Loyd, Branch, Hernandez, and Ridley could be of some use. I saw Ridley get at least 5 little quick pitches around the edge, and he didnt do nothing with them. For every yard he gets Woohead would get 3. I find it hard to believe that any coach can be as stooopid as Josh McDaniels.
I agree with this to an extent but maybe its the defense keying on the other players that frees up Gronk, WW , Edelman and Woodhead.

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
I agree with this to an extent but maybe its the defense keying on the other players that frees up Gronk, WW , Edelman and Woodhead.

LMAO! Man thats exactly what a DWF would say. As if defenses are keying on extremely mediocre non-white players when there are white superstars on the team. :der:

L

Lew

Would be a cute little story if this negro with an IQ of 75 wasn't making 500k a year and mixing with our women

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I remember watching a Monday Night game a long time ago, like around 1971, and the Steelers had a black receiver who was hamming it up on his way to the endzone by holding the ball up and it slipped out of his hands at about the 5 yard line and the play ended up as a touchback. Think his name was Dave Smith or something Smith. Anyway, there was a huge uproar and condemnation of Smith as this was back when most black athletes still had some class and the Permanent Cultural Marxist Revolution was still in its early years, and I don't recall any blacks holding up the ball on their way to the endzone for a long time after that.

Now of course it's routine. Was watching the CM NFL Network a couple of weeks ago showing highlights of the games and Deion Sanders was chortling with glee as some afflete held up the ball not once, not twice, but three times while on his way to the endzone. Dysfunctional and classless behavior has been made the norm, with early, greatly rewarded practitioners like Deion "I don't do tackling" Sanders cheering them on.

Gibbon

Guru
A shockingly colorblind statement by Belichick only...

From an interview of Bill Belichick:

How unique is Andrew Luck?
"He's been impressive. Certainly he's an outstanding athlete. He can run, he's got real good speed to get out of trouble and buy time in the pocket. He's made a lot of yards on converted third downs. … I think he sees the field well - has good vision, good poise. … I've certainly been impressed watching him."

Does he remind you of anyone at this stage of his career?
"I don't think there's a lot of difference between him, physically, and a guy like Cam Newton, just as far as being able to run, and be strong and fast and have a good arm. He seems to read coverages well. He's got a great receiver, obviously, in Reggie Wayne. … The Colts have done a great job. They've turned that program around."

He's attempting to compliment Luck's athleticism and running ability. It's a shockingly colorblind statement. He does qualify by saying "physically" because obviously that is where the comparison ends. I missed that the first read through.

Last edited:

davidholly

Mentor
Note he says he's like Cam Newton, then he says right afterwards he can read defenses. What he's basically saying is that Cam Newton can't read defenses and therefore he has to reaffirm that Luck can.

dwid

Hall of Famer

lol, sounds like a typcial dwf statement similar to the Moss freeing up Welker crap that went on back in 2007. Yeah, Lloyd and Hernandez are freeing up all of those White guys to get open. Gronk is almost uncoverable when healthy, and still hard to cover. Without Gronk teams just overload everything on Welker, it was like that on the Superbowl and he still got open, only missed one of his targets. As a result another threat needed to step up, that wasn't Hernandez or Branch on key plays it was Woodhead, although Hernandez had 14 targets but mostly checkdowns. Then they stopped putting Woodhead out there. There are too many plays this year where Lloyd is the first read, its as simple as that.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, they force the ball to Lloyd too much, and yeah Woodhead should get more touches, but come on, this is the Caste NFL we're talking about. The New England offense is practically miraculous compared to how every other team in the league has been for the past 30 years and continues to be. I can't criticize an offense that has pushed the seemingly iron rules of the Caste System further than anyone else has, and by quite a bit. I'm happy after all these years to see a team defy the rules and stereotypes like the Patriots continue to successfully do.

You guys need to keep it in perspective and appreciate that we have such a Caste-defying offense to watch and root for instead of nit-picking it all the time. Sure, it'd be great if there was nothing but Whites at all the skill positions, just as it'd be great if the Timberwolves had an all-White roster. I just don't get the negativity.

Yeah, they force the ball to Lloyd too much, and yeah Woodhead should get more touches, but come on, this is the Caste NFL we're talking about. The New England offense is practically miraculous compared to how every other team in the league has been for the past 30 years and continues to be. I can't criticize an offense that has pushed the seemingly iron rules of the Caste System further than anyone else has, and by quite a bit. I'm happy after all these years to see a team defy the rules and stereotypes like the Patriots continue to successfully do.

You guys need to keep it in perspective and appreciate that we have such a Caste-defying offense to watch and root for instead of nit-picking it all the time. Sure, it'd be great if there was nothing but Whites at all the skill positions, just as it'd be great if the Timberwolves had an all-White roster. I just don't get the negativity.

The negativity comes from comparing last year to this year, particularly the first few games of this year. The Patriots obviously tried to reduce Gronk's and Welker's roles in the offense, in favor of Lloyd, Branch, and Hernandez. Then they got mugged by reality. Woodhead's role seems about the same to me, but somebody could look at his carries and targets compared to last year. It's like they tried to ruin the best offense in the league, because it's the whitest offense in the league.

Still, the Patriots have had 10 white players on the field at times, and that is an amazing thing that almost every other team would be unable to do, even if they were willing.

The negativity comes from comparing last year to this year, particularly the first few games of this year. The Patriots obviously tried to reduce Gronk's and Welker's roles in the offense, in favor of Lloyd, Branch, and Hernandez. Then they got mugged by reality. Woodhead's role seems about the same to me, but somebody could look at his carries and targets compared to last year. It's like they tried to ruin the best offense in the league, because it's the whitest offense in the league.

Still, the Patriots have had 10 white players on the field at times, and that is an amazing thing that almost every other team would be unable to do, even if they were willing.
I was just playing Devil's Advocate. I think we all want to see our guys succeed but when they get passed over sometimes I think some irrational excuses come in. I think most NFL coaches just want to win and not to see race or color but the caste system starts long before college recruiters get involved. It would help if the announcers were not so condiotionally biased in their opinions of white athletes.

dwid

Hall of Famer
I was just playing Devil's Advocate. I think we all want to see our guys succeed but when they get passed over sometimes I think some irrational excuses come in. I think most NFL coaches just want to win and not to see race or color but the caste system starts long before college recruiters get involved. It would help if the announcers were not so condiotionally biased in their opinions of white athletes.
How does ANY of what you just said have anything to do with the Whitest team in the NFL not using their talent to the fullest?

Someone mentioned in the basketball thread about a point system rating teams based on talented players and what level, like giving more points to a team with a few less but of higher caliber etc. I would like to do the same in college football if I have the time, probably next year. Yes its great to have a record of what teams are playing White guys, especially for recruiting purposes which is the stated purpose, but with the caste matchup threads, we consider some losses bad because they have more White guys when the coaches suck, not every White friendly team recruits the best Whites and many have crappy schemes. I mean its ridiculous that teams like Navy and Air Force can be White friendly and remain pretty competitive with ranked teams but Colorado St can play double digit Whites, even a year when they had 17 Whites and can't win that much? I think two bowl games since 2005 and only one record 7-6 in 08, the other one was 6-6 in 05. Thats coaching for the most part. Scotty McKnight could have put up better numbers with his size and measurables, the White cornerback they had was good, the only person that made him look stupid multiple times was Austin Collie.

I mean i think it hurts the cause if a majority White team in the NFL doesn't use their talent to its fullest, in order for more dwfs to wake up they would not only have to win the Superbowl, but also blow out the competition every week, which they are more than capable of doing. I mean I know that is ridiculous but it is going to take a lot, plus teams are losing respect for the Patriots for not winning the big one lately, even though they have 3 this decade and teams like the Cowboys get respect when they failed to win a playoff game for a while.

The Patriots shouldn't be having a close game with the Bills. Woodhead could run wild on that team, the evidence was there with his one run, which happened to finally be out of a regular running formation, not shotgun up the gut to keep offenses honest.

In 2010 even though Welker wasn't 100 percent and Gronk hadn't reached his peak, the scheme was pretty good, they would run Woodhead out of run formations and pass with him there and run with Lawfirm in passing formations and pass in running formations, now this wasn't always the case but it kept defenses on their toes. Now it seems most runs with Woodhead are in passing formations, and most of the time in running formations its Ridley running, although they are still a threat to pass out of the running formations. I mean not every play that Ridley gets 3 on Woodhead would get more (although there are many that I have seen, especially the 20 yarders, those would be 40 yarders), if they ran Ridley on some draws up the gut after passing with him in shotgun, defenses might not expect it and when Woodhead is in regular formations, run him, because they are probably expecting pass. Its not that hard, just count how many defenders are in the box. So both would benefit in this situation.

With Lloyd, I don't know if Brady is used to a guy like that, he isn't tall but he can go up and get jump balls that are hard to catch, Brady is a precision passer, he is going to put it on the money, or at least try to, if Lloyd isn't getting separation then he isn't going to get many catches. From what I saw in the past, his success came on balls thrown high etc. With Randy Moss this wasn't a problem because he was 6'4, Brady knew he could get it, there isn't that trust factor with Lloyd, and honestly I am not even sure if he can do it anymore, at least consistently, he came on in his late 30's. They run this stuff in practice and obviously its not working with the two like planned, but he is doing better than ochocinco, who looked confused out there. Branch doesn't have much left, he struggled at times to beat crappy corners in single coverage when teams were focusing their best people to Gronk and Welker..

Last edited:
How does ANY of what you just said have anything to do with the Whitest team in the NFL not using their talent to the fullest?

Someone mentioned in the basketball thread about a point system rating teams based on talented players and what level, like giving more points to a team with a few less but of higher caliber etc. I would like to do the same in college football if I have the time, probably next year. Yes its great to have a record of what teams are playing White guys, especially for recruiting purposes which is the stated purpose, but with the caste matchup threads, we consider some losses bad because they have more White guys when the coaches suck, not every White friendly team recruits the best Whites and many have crappy schemes. I mean its ridiculous that teams like Navy and Air Force can be White friendly and remain pretty competitive with ranked teams but Colorado St can play double digit Whites, even a year when they had 17 Whites and can't win that much? Thats coaching for the most part. Scotty McKnight could have put up better numbers with his size and measurables, the White cornerback they had was good, the only person that made him look stupid multiple times was Austin Collie.

I mean i think it hurts the cause if a majority White team in the NFL doesn't use their talent to its fullest, in order for more dwfs to wake up they would not only have to win the Superbowl, but also blow out the competition every week, which they are more than capable of doing. I mean I know that is ridiculous but it is going to take a lot, plus teams are losing respect for the Patriots for not winning the big one lately, even though they have 3 this decade and teams like the Cowboys get respect when they failed to win a playoff game for a while.

The Patriots shouldn't be having a close game with the Bills. Woodhead could run wild on that team, the evidence was there with his one run, which happened to finally be out of a regular running formation, not shotgun up the gut to keep offenses honest.

In 2010 even though Welker wasn't 100 percent and Gronk hadn't reached his peak, the scheme was pretty good, they would run Woodhead out of run formations and pass with him there and run with Lawfirm in passing formations and pass in running formations, now this wasn't always the case but it kept defenses on their toes. Now it seems most runs with Woodhead are in passing formations, and most of the time in running formations its Ridley running, although they are still a threat to pass out of the running formations. I mean not every play that Ridley gets 3 on Woodhead would get more (although there are many that I have seen, especially the 20 yarders, those would be 40 yarders), if they ran Ridley on some draws up the gut after passing with him in shotgun, defenses might not expect it and when Woodhead is in regular formations, run him, because they are probably expecting pass. Its not that hard, just count how many defenders are in the box. So both would benefit in this situation.

With Lloyd, I don't know if Brady is used to a guy like that, he isn't tall but he can go up and get jump balls that are hard to catch, Brady is a precision passer, he is going to put it on the money, or at least try to, if Lloyd isn't getting separation then he isn't going to get many catches. From what I saw in the past, his success came on balls thrown high etc. With Randy Moss this wasn't a problem because he was 6'4, Brady knew he could get it, there isn't that trust factor with Lloyd, and honestly I am not even sure if he can do it anymore, at least consistently, he came on in his late 30's. They run this stuff in practice and obviously its not working with the two like planned, but he is doing better than ochocinco, who looked confused out there. Branch doesn't have much left, he struggled at times to beat crappy corners in single coverage when teams were focusing their best people to Gronk and Welker..
I agree with a lot of what you say but who are we to guess why a coach uses his players. Maybe they had a bad practice? If I recall Woodhead had a few games with a good amount of carries and he did not do much with it. To be honest I have not seen every Patriot game this season but I also am not at practices and in the film room so who are we to say why Gronk is not being used like last year or Welker had a slow start. Woodhead should obviously get more touches but who are we to second guess why a coach does what he does? If some coaches were tryuly caste coaches why play any whites at all?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I agree, Belichick isn't "down with our cause," which the nitpickers should keep in mind.

Welker and Gronkowski are still having big seasons. Gronk has been playing hurt, which may account for some of the dropoff in stats, but he's still having an elite season for a TE. He's not going to shatter league records every year.

Woodhead is being regularly used and contributing. Edelman was starting until hurting his hand. The line is all White. Brady is still the quarterback. The Patriots are leading the league in scoring. It's a Whiter offense than the '07 team that was unstoppable on offense. It's a strong slap in the face to all Caste System supporters, the kind of offense demographically that was last seen in the 1970s, and even then it was rare. I still don't get the negativity.

Bill Belichick is no kid anymore. He'll retire one of these years, and then we'll see what comes after him. During the 1980s and '90s the Patriots were consistently one of the blacker NFL teams. He's probably the only coach in the league with the credentials and reputation to be as "daring" as he has on offense and get away with it. Appreciate him and the Patriots while you can.

Tom Iron

Mentor
Exactly Don, If a younger coach tried What Belichick does, the establishment would get him and his team.

Tom Iron...

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
I'm glad to see the Patriots fielding so many White players.

When other teams see their success and the success of teams such as Houston maybe they'll start to give White players a chance.