2012 NFL Divisional Playoffs

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Brady, in a post game interview, payed Woodhead a compliment by saying something to the effect that they were worried when they lost "Woody" and Gronkowski early which meant they had to change their game plan. Nice to know that Woodhead was in the gameplan. unfortunately of course, his touches were given elsewhere with much success.

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
For me this Pats victory is the definition of bitter sweet. I just want Wes Welker to get a ring so bad. The Ravens, and the refs will be hard to beat next week though. The puppet masters have been building this Ray Lewis saga to the sky lately.

TBProdigy

Guru
Told you it took just one game and now Shane Veeren is the superior talent to Danny Woodhead. I encourage you to trash this article.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...e-vs-texans-sets-stage-for-huge-2013-campaign

From a logical point of view, what advantage does Vereen have other than maybe 2", 5-10lbs. Woodhead is faster, more agile, more elusive, a better passing back, a more secure ball carrier, a better yard gaining running back, pass blocker e.t.c

Gibbon

Guru
Told you it took just one game and now Shane Veeren is the superior talent to Danny Woodhead. I encourage you to trash this article.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...e-vs-texans-sets-stage-for-huge-2013-campaign

From a logical point of view, what advantage does Vereen have other than maybe 2", 5-10lbs. Woodhead is faster, more agile, more elusive, a better passing back, a more secure ball carrier, a better yard gaining running back, pass blocker e.t.c

"He will, however, cut into Danny Woodhead's touches. Woodhead had a nice season this year with 745 yards from scrimmage and seven touchdowns, but Vereen is the superior talent and should see more of those touches going forward. "

Completely baseless.

If Tom Brady and Matt Ryan are in the Super Bowl, it will be bigger than we all think, considering how much the media wants a black quarterback to win following Obama's re-election. It will be an even bigger victory to send Ray Lewis packing next week.

Tom Brady winning another ring and another MVP isn't out of the question, and that will piss off more DWF's and blacks than just about anything. Huge performances from a hopefully healthy Woodhead and Welker would be icing on the cake.

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
"He will, however, cut into Danny Woodhead's touches. Woodhead had a nice season this year with 745 yards from scrimmage and seven touchdowns, but Vereen is the superior talent and should see more of those touches going forward. "

Completely baseless.

I predict Danny to get about half as many touches next year. I sure hope Im wrong, but I doubt it.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
It's obvious to thinking people, but when newspapers, websites, or other widely-available media make statements, people tend to take those statements as facts.

So, if some "credible" website just says Woodhead is a so-so talent (even though all the empirical evidence says otherwise), then people believe it. If people are told over and over again RGIII is the real deal even though he's revealed himself to be a glass-jawed fraud, and Alex Smith sucks even though he was actually really good, that Tebow sucks even though he's a beast, then it must be true.

The fact is, most people on Earth, whether they're White or other, are f**king stupid, and to parrot "facts" they heard on the "news" makes them feel educated and informed.

Maybe a hundred years ago, the average third grader had a better education than many so-called high school graduates we have today.

The world's true destiny is falling into the hands of fewer and fewer truly competent people, which is why America is gradually in decline. Because, some of those competent people have vile interests, where in manipulating the masses in order to maintain the status quo of their own wealth impedes true improvement in society.

Those of us who see past the agendas and lies of those wishing to brainwash us are simply left scratching our heads, when some low IQ dumbf**k tells you how much Tim Tebow sucks, or how worthless Tom Brady is, and how Jason Campbell, Vince Young, Byron Leftwich, DuhMarcus Russell, etc. "woulda-shoulda-coulda" if it weren't for evil Whitey...

RGIII didn't get hurt because he sucks or because he can't make good decisions, he got hurt because Whitey didn't protect him.

BECAUSE, as we all know, when something bad happens to a Black person, it's because they're helpless special-needs children.

RACIST.

People are so effing racist, and they don't even know it, meanwhile if you have a realistic, fair world view, ironically YOU will be accused of racism.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
If Tom Brady and Matt Ryan are in the Super Bowl, it will be bigger than we all think, considering how much the media wants a black quarterback to win following Obama's re-election. It will be an even bigger victory to send Ray Lewis packing next week.

Tom Brady winning another ring and another MVP isn't out of the question, and that will piss off more DWF's and blacks than just about anything. Huge performances from a hopefully healthy Woodhead and Welker would be icing on the cake.

I agree. Most DWFs outside of the Patriots geographic fan base hate Brady, Belichick and the Patriots more than any other quarterback, coach and team respectively. Many probably don't even know why they do, it just reflects the way they've been indoctrinated to dislike teams that are "Whiter than they're supposed to be" in football and basketball, including college teams, and especially successful ones, Duke in college basketball being another good example.

Brady and Belichick would have 5 Super Bowl wins if not for two amazingly clutch throws by Eli Manning and catches by Tyree and Manningham on plays that would be incompletions 98% of the time. Brady getting a fourth Super Bowl ring puts him in the company of Montana and Bradshaw and it might be generations before another QB gets that many because Belichick is a very successful aberration when looking at the NFL since the Caste System really kicked into gear in the mid-80s. He has a top team year after year in a system overwhelmingly weighted toward inducing parity; we may not see the likes of him again. So New England winning would be a real kick in the teeth to the Caste media and DWF Nation.

Last edited:

Westside

Hall of Famer
It's obvious to thinking people, but when newspapers, websites, or other widely-available media make statements, people tend to take those statements as facts.

So, if some "credible" website just says Woodhead is a so-so talent (even though all the empirical evidence says otherwise), then people believe it. If people are told over and over again RGIII is the real deal even though he's revealed himself to be a glass-jawed fraud, and Alex Smith sucks even though he was actually really good, that Tebow sucks even though he's a beast, then it must be true.

The fact is, most people on Earth, whether they're White or other, are f**king stupid, and to parrot "facts" they heard on the "news" makes them feel educated and informed.

Maybe a hundred years ago, the average third grader had a better education than many so-called high school graduates we have today.

The world's true destiny is falling into the hands of fewer and fewer truly competent people, which is why America is gradually in decline. Because, some of those competent people have vile interests, where in manipulating the masses in order to maintain the status quo of their own wealth impedes true improvement in society.

Those of us who see past the agendas and lies of those wishing to brainwash us are simply left scratching our heads, when some low IQ dumbf**k tells you how much Tim Tebow sucks, or how worthless Tom Brady is, and how Jason Campbell, Vince Young, Byron Leftwich, DuhMarcus Russell, etc. "woulda-shoulda-coulda" if it weren't for evil Whitey...

RGIII didn't get hurt because he sucks or because he can't make good decisions, he got hurt because Whitey didn't protect him.

BECAUSE, as we all know, when something bad happens to a Black person, it's because they're helpless special-needs children.

RACIST.

People are so effing racist, and they don't even know it, meanwhile if you have a realistic, fair world view, ironically YOU will be accused of racism.
Great Post! You sir, are a scholar and truthteller.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
My thoughts on this weekend, from the comical to the serious. What bus hit Leslie Visser's face...:scared: Seeing her on the sidelines had me thinking of Joan Rivers, Madonna and every other crazy celebrity. As for the games Atlanta narrowly adverted the "Cornball Brother" bowl II and I have a feeling that San Fran will beat Atlanta in the NFC title game. I just don't see New England losing to Baltimore unless the Ravens can keep the game close and steal it late. New England should be able to score like a machine on Sunday and I'm not sure that Baltimore can keep up.

PHillisFan

Master

RACIST.

+100

I just wanted to add to your last paragraph.
If you bring up race in any way those that call you a racist act as if you've committed murder. A typical response is "I'm so ashamed to live on the same planet and be a human being!"
Their over the top reaction is comical and so fake.

Wes Woodhead

Mentor

RACIST.

Great post man. You been one of my favorite posters since I started lurking around here back in 2009. I wish you posted more!

foobar75

Master
My thoughts on this weekend, from the comical to the serious. What bus hit Leslie Visser's face...:scared: Seeing her on the sidelines had me thinking of Joan Rivers, Madonna and every other crazy celebrity. As for the games Atlanta narrowly adverted the "Cornball Brother" bowl II and I have a feeling that San Fran will beat Atlanta in the NFC title game. I just don't see New England losing to Baltimore unless the Ravens can keep the game close and steal it late. New England should be able to score like a machine on Sunday and I'm not sure that Baltimore can keep up.

Good observation on the Leslie Visser face! I remember her from many years ago, and she was above average in the looks department. This is what happens when plastic surgery goes wrong and you turn into some freak, instead of trying to age gracefully. And don't even get me started on all the useless female sideline reporters to begin with.

Anyway, back to football. I'll be honest, the BAL game worries me. This has been a tough match-up for NE over the years, and they beat them earlier this year, and almost did it in the AFC championship game last year. And if I recall correctly, they beat them in 2009 in the playoffs also.

NE's downfall, if it should happen, will be their defense, in particular the secondary. I don't trust them to hold a lead and they will give up big plays. Also, Flacco and company will not be intimidated the least by going up there, and missing Gronk will be a big blow, too.

Tom Brady needs to be on his A-game the entire time, and they should jump on BAL early and not let-up. If it's a close game (like the DEN game), anything can happen.

Unfortunately, the 49'ers look like the favorites now to make it out of the NFC.

Tannehill17

Mentor
It's obvious to thinking people, but when newspapers, websites, or other widely-available media make statements, people tend to take those statements as facts. So, if some "credible" website just says Woodhead is a so-so talent (even though all the empirical evidence says otherwise), then people believe it. If people are told over and over again RGIII is the real deal even though he's revealed himself to be a glass-jawed fraud, and Alex Smith sucks even though he was actually really good, that Tebow sucks even though he's a beast, then it must be true. The fact is, most people on Earth, whether they're White or other, are f**king stupid, and to parrot "facts" they heard on the "news" makes them feel educated and informed. Maybe a hundred years ago, the average third grader had a better education than many so-called high school graduates we have today. The world's true destiny is falling into the hands of fewer and fewer truly competent people, which is why America is gradually in decline. Because, some of those competent people have vile interests, where in manipulating the masses in order to maintain the status quo of their own wealth impedes true improvement in society. Those of us who see past the agendas and lies of those wishing to brainwash us are simply left scratching our heads, when some low IQ dumbf**k tells you how much Tim Tebow sucks, or how worthless Tom Brady is, and how Jason Campbell, Vince Young, Byron Leftwich, DuhMarcus Russell, etc. "woulda-shoulda-coulda" if it weren't for evil Whitey... RGIII didn't get hurt because he sucks or because he can't make good decisions, he got hurt because Whitey didn't protect him. BECAUSE, as we all know, when something bad happens to a Black person, it's because they're helpless special-needs children. RACIST. People are so effing racist, and they don't even know it, meanwhile if you have a realistic, fair world view, ironically YOU will be accused of racism.
This is a great post and pretty much in a nutshell illustrates everything wrong with the caste system not just in football but in all facets of life. The treatment of Tim Tebow has been outright criminal. One of the main problems I see is that people don't actually watch the games and just look at the stat lines. Tebows stats might not have been very good, but guess what? He was very effective and could move an offense to score points which is the main objective in the game of football. Steve Young was much like Tebow early in his career and was written off as a bust after two seasons in Tampa Bay. Luckily for him, he hooked up with a coach in Bill Walsh who was not a caste whore and saw the true talent this man had. Lets just hope for Tebows sake that some coach out there with that same line of thinking that Bill Walsh had picks him up.

Gibbon

Guru

RACIST.

Hey man,

I liked your post as well.

I think it is the case that even coaches are not entirely immune to popular (i.e. media) opinion regarding specific athletes. After all, half these jack asses are vain, ex-atheletes, who have always been popular and who feed off and need that popularity. The surest way to remain popular is to agree with popular opinion. And in addition, they are not always the brightest bulbs in the box (Rex Ryan comes to mind).

This is football coaching after all, not rocket science. But having said that, intelligence and craftiness certainly do factor in on a coaches success (i.e. BB). Though it's likely these traits are undervalued in this trade when compared to leadership, "presence", charisma and authority around players (also important). Much of which is derived from being an athlete themselves.

BB , however, while also a human being and so prone to the same desire to be "popular" and go with the consensus, seems to be a relatively independent thinker. He strikes me, actually, as kind of a nerd. A bit less socially comfortable than his contemporaries. But with enough presence to command the respect of his players who, nevertheless, probably look at him as more of a mysterious wizard-nerd-genuis than one of their own.

BB more than any of his contemporaries is likely to regard media opinion as precisely that. Opinion formed by people who don't know their ass from their elbow when it comes to the grid iron. BB has been working with both Woodhead and Vereen in practice and he knows their relative ability better than anyone.

What can we say, Vereen played well yesterday. And he had the advantage of being a "different look." Will Woodhead's touches continue to drop (as they have from last year)? Don't know. I just know that he has the most objective evaluator as his head coach at least in the NFL. I didn't say completely objective. Just the most objective. And this is evidenced by the players that he puts in his starting line up (Welker, Gronk et al). And especially by his relative success as a coach. The media will continue its hate but BB is relatively impervious to it. I don't know what more you can ask for under these circumstance. Different circumstances. But we are already asking for that.

Last edited:

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
I understand the frustration concerning New England’s injury woes. With Gronkowski finished, and Woodhead potentially out of the lineup, a dark cloud has been cast over an offense that, just last night, started nine white players (Brady, Welker, Gronkowski, Woodhead, Solder, Mankins, Connolly, Wendell, and Vollmer).

Below is an encouraging update I read at “Musket Fire.com” concerning Woodhead’s thumb/wrist injury. During the game last night, I noticed Woodhead casually sitting on the bench, laughing and smiling with teammates. Perhaps his injury was indeed merely a sprain and his absence was precautionary?

Danny Woodhead sustained an injury to his left thumb during the opening drive. He was seen on the sidelines with an ice pack, and it sounds like his injury isn’t serious. Even though the Pats have another top receiving back in Shane Vereen can do some of what Woodhead does, Woodhead’s pass blocking in the backfield would be missed as well as the clutch dimension he brings to the Patriots. Vereen has plenty of talent, but I still think Woodhead is the better player. Beyond that, it sucks to see a guy hurt, especially a player like Woodhead.

Offensively, the “silver lining” for the 2012 Patriots could be Wes Welker carrying the squad past the Ravens (he caught 10 balls for 142 yards against them in September) in the AFC Championship Game, dominating in the Superbowl game, then finally getting signed to a much-deserved multi-year deal with New England. With the elimination of the Broncos, Packers, Vikings, and Texans, along with an injury to the most physically dominant TE in NFL history…the scenario presented above could be a fine substitute. With his Franchise Tag expiring, this could be Welker’s final opportunity to win a ring and I hope he can do so in a brilliant, dominating, DWF-perplexing manner…

davis_patstex14_spts.r.jpg

CAPTION: Welker’s Burns Negro for 47-Yard Bomb

Defensively, it should be noted that starting DE Chandler Jones re-injured his ankle, and therefore, Trevor Scott could become the starter opposite of Rob Ninkovich, or at least split time with Jermaine Cunningham. Speaking of Ninkovich, how nice was his interception last night? Jim Nantz, the NFL’s premiere commentator, was highly complementary of him (as he has been all season), saying that Ninkovich receives no respect despite the fact that he makes the most big plays for New England’s defense, lead the team in sacks and forced fumbles by a wide margin, etc…

011313patsms06.jpg

CAPTION: “Big Play Ninkovich” Secures Interception

As Foobar75 and others have mentioned, the Ravens have played well against the Patriots, with many close contests throughout the years. Anquan Bolden, one of the slowest receivers in the NFL, has been dominant in the playoffs. Torry Smith is one of the few black NFL receivers with legitimate straight-line speed and ability to create separation. Dennis Pitta is a future superstar at the tight end position. Kruger and Ellerbe are quality linebackers and Terrell “Thunder Thighs” Suggs can apply good pressure at times. Given how poorly the Patriots have played against the Ravens this year, and during last year’s AFC title game, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Corporate Media’s desire for Ray Lewis to play in the Superbowl came to fruition...

dm_130112_nfl_lewis_ltt.jpg

CAPTION: Lewis Weeping After Broncos Game

For the NFC, of course, I think we’d all prefer Atlanta to defeat “Bug-Eyed Wigger Jim,” his unsightly, tattooed, muscle-kissing, stringbean black quarterback, and his tar-drizzled team featuring three white starters (RG Alex Boone, LT Joe Staley, and DE Justin Smith) out of twenty two.

1-14-13-Colin-Kaepernick_full_600.jpg

CAPTION: Krapernick Kisses His Tiny Bicep

To see the Negro-infused “Harbaugh Daughters” fail in the AFC / NFC title games, once again, is reason enough to watch.

Last edited:

dwid

Hall of Famer
I wouldn't be too concerned about Woodhead, I think it was as a precaution. Vereen looked better lined up as a wideout, on the outside, although it was against linebackers. He wasn't able to get much seperation but good enough. Maybe he can be put at the positon next year opposite of Welker. Lloyd has been a dissapointment. For some reason listing the stats on ESPN Lloyd's stats were put on on ESPN as the receiving leader and not Welker. The coaches have been saying Vereen looked good at wideout in practice for a while. Beating a linebacker on a go route isn't spectacular, especially when he was stopped the last game, maybe Ruud isn't as good as Barwin covering. It would be nice to see Edelman get a shot at wideout next year but they will likely go with another black.

Vereen is nowhere near the blocker that Woodhead is right now, they can scheme to have him on some mismatches but Woodhead just makes busted plays turn into something. Woodhead isn't really used like that, more of a safety valve 4th or 5th read, you don't see him lined up on the outside, in the slot yes,although he could do so much more it looks like he is in Kevin Faulk's role, 600 to 800 yards from scrimmage is as good as its been for a White back besides Hillis 1k season. I guess we have to face the fact that he will never be used to his fullest potential, but its better than nothing.

Plus, Baltimore is where he gets his biggest workload, every time they play them he gets a huge workload, so I would say it was a precaution. The coaches knew what they had going into the game, I doubt much changes.

It seemed like Vereen was in the game plan regardless of Woodhead's injury for the Texans, Bellicheck was talking about it and Vereen's name came up first, then Woodhead's, then Ridley. I know he was mainly trying to imitate Foster in practice but he lined up at wideout quite a bit. With Gronk out we will need to see Woodhead in the backfield with Vereen on the outisde some. It was just one game on a defense that has underperformed the last few games besides Watt, so who knows what he can consistently do. I wouldn't pay attention to bleacher report articles, Woodhead was suppsosed to be pushed aside in 2011 and 2012, 750 yards from scrimmage and 7 tds is pretty damn good.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't be too concerned about Woodhead, I think it was as a precaution. Vereen looked better lined up as a wideout, on the outside, although it was against linebackers. He wasn't able to get much seperation but good enough. Maybe he can be put at the positon next year opposite of Welker. Lloyd has been a dissapointment. For some reason listing the stats on ESPN Lloyd's stats were put on on ESPN as the receiving leader and not Welker. The coaches have been saying Vereen looked good at wideout in practice for a while. Beating a linebacker on a go route isn't spectacular, especially when he was stopped the last game, maybe Ruud isn't as good as Barwin covering. It would be nice to see Edelman get a shot at wideout next year but they will likely go with another black.

Vereen is nowhere near the blocker that Woodhead is right now, they can scheme to have him on some mismatches but Woodhead just makes busted plays turn into something. Woodhead isn't really used like that, more of a safety valve 4th or 5th read, you don't see him lined up on the outside, in the slot yes,although he could do so much more it looks like he is in Kevin Faulk's role, 600 to 800 yards from scrimmage is as good as its been for a White back besides Hillis 1k season. I guess we have to face the fact that he will never be used to his fullest potential, but its better than nothing.

Plus, Baltimore is where he gets his biggest workload, every time they play them he gets a huge workload, so I would say it was a precaution. The coaches knew what they had going into the game, I doubt much changes.

It seemed like Vereen was in the game plan regardless of Woodhead's injury for the Texans, Bellicheck was talking about it and Vereen's name came up first, then Woodhead's, then Ridley. I know he was mainly trying to imitate Foster in practice but he lined up at wideout quite a bit. With Gronk out we will need to see Woodhead in the backfield with Vereen on the outisde some. It was just one game on a defense that has underperformed the last few games besides Watt, so who knows what he can consistently do. I wouldn't pay attention to bleacher report articles, Woodhead was suppsosed to be pushed aside in 2011 and 2012, 750 yards from scrimmage and 7 tds is pretty damn good.

You have to wonder what Edelman's future is in the NFL now. He might even have replaced Lloyd at some point this season, giving the Patriots an entirely non-black offense at times. But Edelman's repeated injuries are killing him. If New England moves on without him will another team give him a chance? Maybe as a kick returner but as a starting slot or outside receiver I highly doubt it.

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
I guess we have to face the fact that he will never be used to his fullest potential, but its better than nothing.
I think your right, and thats such a shame. Danny could be the biggest caste buster ever. Just think of what he could do for the confidence of young aspiring white RBs.