2012 Indoor Track Season

greyghost

Mentor
open apology { long needed},

dear WL apologies for ranting in the past no disrespect, just didnt like all those new guys talking ****e!, i promise to try and relax respect what has to be said .

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Your fine greyghost. Alot of the newbies or trolls bug the crap out of me too. Don't worry. We take care of the problem pretty quickly as those who come here to start problems get banned very quickly. Keep up the great posts my friend. Looking forward to a hot track season!

Last edited:
Yep, lot's not take life or comments too seriously as there are two sides to every story, innocent till proven positive.

albinosprint

Mentor
Not a bad start for Blum. does anyone know if Lemaitre will be running any indoor races this year.

frederic38

Hall of Famer
Not a bad start for Blum. does anyone know if Lemaitre will be running any indoor races this year.

lemaitre will run 3 times this winter:

-at liévin, on the 14 of february
-at val de reuil on the 18 of february
-at the french championships, at aubière the 25 and 26 of february

he said he will dedicate himself to th preparation for london

he is still studying too, i hope it won't distract him

greyghost

Mentor
allez allez lemaitre

thanks guys :hail:. and what do yee reckon wariner can do this year, when fit!

albinosprint

Mentor
I would like to see a healty JW running under 44 this year. he still young and can do it. with the drug cheat back, this year could get interesting.

trackster

Mentor
Okay, let's kick this season off with some real results.

At some point, I'll create a new watch list. In the meanwhile, I guess we need to learn the name Robbie Creese. He was a good state-but-not-national level high school runner who seems to have walked on at Penn State. So why are we interested? Because in his first collegiate meet, this unheralded nobody went out and broke the NCAA record as well as the American JR record in the 1000m. Broke it is an understatement. Previously, the great Alan Webb (US record holder in the mile) had set the record. Then it was broken by the amazing Robbie Andrews (check out the 800 threads for his extraordinary rise). But here comes this kid Creese (who didn't even have a bio on the team site until after he broke the record) and he CRUSHES the old JR mark by three full seconds. Taking Robbie Andrews' old 2:22 down to 2:19.53. Apparently, he's good.

At the same meet, Cas Loxsom (readers of this board will remember his exploits of last year well), broke his own Penn State 600 record with a flying 1:16.66.

A pretty good first meet. I'm looking forward to seeing what these PSU boys can do in mid season form (And don't forget they've got Brady Gehret, too).

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Where does Penn State find all of these kids? No I know. It's easy as most college athletics programs don't look towards too many white athletes outside of the field events. Way to go Penn State. Another reason to watch college track. Like college football, it is very entertaining. We also always seem to have a bunch of new names to keep an eye on for the future. Thanks for the update trackster.

white is right

Hall of Famer
That's right around flat 10 sub 10 times if he holds this form into the outdoor season. Considering he is a better deuce runner he should be able to hold this form speed endurance wise.......

trackster

Mentor
It's a heckuva time. No runner in the world went sub 6.5 last year, and LeMaitre only managed a 6.58 late in the indoor season. So to reel off a 6.58 in his first meet is extraordinary. Maybe Mr. Guliyev is back after all.

albinosprint

Mentor
great news! oh boy, this years gonna be magic!

trackster

Mentor
Actually, the news gets better. Along with that world-leading 60, Guliyev also ran 21.26 in the 200. That's a great time for an indoor 200 so early in the season. In fact, it's his personal best, and let's not forget that he has already been a world championships caliber 200 runner outdoors.

If the drug testers finally catch Bolt and Blake, we could get a LeMaitre-Guliyev duel in the Olympic 200. Ah, but that would be sweet. But I shouldn't let my hopes get me carried away.

Great start to the indoor season. Let's face it: How many of you guys had written off Guliyev? I know I had.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I didn't write him off. He had injuries, a change of nationality, an temporary olympic ban because of the move to Turkey, and the death to his father/coach. This would be incredibly tough for anyone to handle. Yet alone a 21 year old. He has always had the talent.

Another guy to seriously watch this year is Rytis Sakalakis. He made great strides last year. If he can ever improve his start, he might get really close to a flat 10.00 second time.

I also am looking forward to all of the young british guys. I think we will see some eye popping times with London on deck this summer!

white is right

Hall of Famer
Last year he probably would have set a new pb in the 100 meters. He had bad luck with the wind throughout the season and only ran in selected meets. So it's not like he looked like he lost it like Darrel Brown or MLF who ran slower times once they hit their early 20's.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Andrew Robertson opened up his indoor season with a 6.68 in the 60. I'm hoping this youngster can get down into the 10.20's this year on a semi regular basis.

No word yet from the other Brits, Pickering, Kilty, Gemelli, or others. I will say this. I really think that alot of these young sprinters have a hell of alot of natural talent and we could see some guys get into Pickerings range within the next two years. I still am hoping that Craig can find someway to get back to form as well.

If I had to make a prediction on who will do the best of the really young english sprinters, I would go with Kilty and Gemelli.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Actually, the news gets better. Along with that world-leading 60, Guliyev also ran 21.26 in the 200. That's a great time for an indoor 200 so early in the season. In fact, it's his personal best, and let's not forget that he has already been a world championships caliber 200 runner outdoors.

If the drug testers finally catch Bolt and Blake, we could get a LeMaitre-Guliyev duel in the Olympic 200. Ah, but that would be sweet. But I shouldn't let my hopes get me carried away.

Great start to the indoor season. Let's face it: How many of you guys had written off Guliyev? I know I had.

Aliaksandr Linnik of Belarussia has a time even faster than Guliyev.
His time is 21.23, and he's younger than Guliyev. Turns 21 in a week.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Liinik is a guy to keep an eye on. We put him on on future stars list and he seems to be progressing very nicely. He is another guy in my opinion though that needs to add more strength training. He is a natural runner but with some added muscle could add some additional explosiveness. Especially out of the blocks. He is very young though which bodes very well for the future. We have so many kids that have tremendous potential at the moment. The question will be if they are willing to put in the countless hours of training that Lemaitre has to take it to the next level. I'm thinking that at least a few will as he inspires alot of them.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Christian Blum runs a 6.61 today in the 60 to easily defeat Tobias Unger. This kid has a p.b. of 6.56 and if it weren't for multiple injuries and bad luck over the last 3-4 years, might have come close to 10 seconds. A similar story to Craig Pickering. He feels great and hopefully is finally back on track. He is still only around 25 so it's not too late. Way to go Blum! He will race in Karlsrue against good competition coming up next. Here is the link translated from German.

Sprinter Christian Blum provided the first peak in the halls-meeting also on Saturday. 6.61 Seconds remained the cotton makers over 60 meters to a one-under the qualifying standard for the indoor World Championship in Istanbul (Turkey;) 9. March to 11). The Zweibrücken pole vaulter Raphael Holzdeppe (5.72 m) could also recommend for this tournament.

Christian Blum has clearly defeated Tobias Unger (photo: Kiefner)

"There are still some weeks previously, but if I can offer more good times, I want to start there," Christian Blum said after his victory against Tobias Unger (VfB Stuttgart) in Crystal Palace. The Schwabe improved to 6.71 seconds, Marius Bröning (LAV Tübingen) came third to 6.78 seconds to 6.75 in the heats.

"I am free of pain since the autumn and could train well," the long injured Christian Blum said the increase in performance. In the next races, he requested the potential to access his personal indoor best mark of 6.56 seconds or even beaten.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Another good result from today. Rytis Sakalauskas took another good step forward. He is one of our brightest hopes for the near future but he has always lacked a good start. He is getting faster over the 60 meters as his first race which he won shows. He had never broken the 6.70 mark unti today and he opened up with a time of 6.64! Rytis has a outdoor p.b. of 10.14 into a negative wind last summer. I hope he can continue to drop the times another .05 to .10 and then he will have a chance to approach 10.00 flat outdoors. At the same meet the two lady ukrainian sprinters Povh & Rennen went 7.15 and 7.22!

1 Sakalauskas Rutis LIT 6.64
2 Shpaer Aleksandr RUS 6.68
3 Adams Antoine SKN 6.73
4 Ustavschikov Evgeniy RUS 6.74
5 Abbasov Ruslan AZE 6.78
6 Petryashov Konstantin RUS 6.78
7 Pushkaryov Alexey RUS 6.87
8 Sagutkin Sergei UKR 6.87

greyghost

Mentor
Aliaksandr Linnik of Belarussia has a time even faster than Guliyev.
His time is 21.23, and he's younger than Guliyev. Turns 21 in a week.
:biggrin:, yeah linnik looked good last year in the u23 euros, as did the greek sprinter who took gold in the 200 u23s , big up side for linnik as he has still to fill out alot, but he may be more of a multi eventer as he is quite a good sprint hurdler, although he may focus on the hurdles.

greyghost

Mentor
also agree with WL, blum has the talent to be a indoor world medalist ...if his body holds together, hopefully the young german can stay injury free:biggrin:, and props to sakalauskas , some real young euro talent beginning to show their TEETH:biggrin: