2011 World Championships

white is right

Hall of Famer
I don't know how this flew under the radar, but Trey Hardee defended his world title and held off media darling Ashton Eaton. The international announcers kept on hinting Eaton was going to win the title.

mastermulti

Master
Lalova well down on time. I hope she's foxing.
Povh looked great indoors. Looks pretty ordinary now

Rooney slows 0.8 frrom his heat time. Disapppointing.

Pistorius 46.19 puts an end to his champs. Well done Oscar, and a crowd favourite. I figured running 45.39 yesterday for his number 2 ever time would take too much out of him. He can handle the rounds in an AWD comp where he only needs to start round 1 with a 48+, but starting an open comp with a 45.39 is a hard act to follow after only 24 hours rest.

Can't see Merritt getting beaten OR Kirani James losing 2nd place. The Borlees could battle for a bronze between them though

Last edited:

LoLy

Guru
the 2 Borlee brothers in Final for 400m (3rd and 4th best time.)
let's hope they get silver and bronze

mastermulti

Master
Liu Xiang nearly got it in the 110H until clipping the last. Luckily he kept his feet (although if not Andy Turner would have medalled).

A great race!

In fact I've enjoyed much of today's comp better than the men's 100m

An absolute cracker of a Pole Vault final

Kiwi Valeria Adams already had the Shot won but went and added another 1/2 metre on her 6th throw .... 21.28

Womens 400 was great as well. The Russians and Americans will have a mighty 4 x 400 tussle

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That pole vault was amazing! We have some serious young talent in that event simlar to the long jump. I'm very happy to see the Borless Twins advance. The mens hurdles was enjoyable. When is the last time we saw two non africans medal at this event in the world champs? The tide is slowly changing in some events. We have a long way to go but at least it's encouraging. Glad to see the russian lady take the bronze in the womens 400 meters. I'm so excited for the mens 200 meters, the mens high jump and the mens long jump!

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I was very disappointed to see that Darya Klishina only managed 6.5M and finished in 7th place in the women's long jump:cry:. Anything close to her PB of 7.05 would have gotten gold, and we could see more footage of her.....

white is right

Hall of Famer
Hahaha I looked her up on google and she could make the world all eye candy team. On the other end Caster Semenya and some of the female shot putters could make the all ugly team...:tongue:

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Well I had to look her up too, glad I did, she's a bit skinny with her zero percent body fat, but hauntingly pretty. :thumbsup:

greyghost

Mentor
diiiiiiiirty

jeter doping , and the two behind . sailer has been injured . one of the borlee twins to medal in the 400. voluntary blood samples , what a total load of bollocks:wof::dizzy:.

mastermulti

Master
now, if they insisted on publishing the list of names of who did and who did not agree to be blood tested that would carry a lot of weight to watchers of the sport

mastermulti

Master
the heptathlon is was another great event.

The winner, Russia's Tatyana Chernova (6880pts) is 23 and the same height as Christrophe Lemaitre at 189cms.
The one to watch in London

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm happy about Borlee geting the bronze medal but it should have been silver. Cheats like L.Merrit shouldn't even be allowed to compete. I was happy to see Chambers false start. We need to clean up track and field. Too many excuses and lies from all of the athletes that cheat. They always have a excuse. We all know the truth. Clean it up and give the honest male & female sprinters a chance to medal.

foobar75

Master
I may need to double check, but it feels like White athletes are doing a lot better in Daegu than Berlin in 2009. In fact, I remember Berlin as being pretty dismal.

In addition to the usual dominance in most of the field events, I'm seeing some promising developments elsewhere. First, yes, Kevin Borlee's bronze was great, and it was also nice to Kirani James beat that cheat Merrit, I cannot stand him. I believe we also had a bronze in the women's 400m and the men's 800m by 2 Russians. It's been a strong showing by Russia thus far, so that's good.

In the women's heptathlon, it was Chernova with the gold and Oeser of Germany with the bronze. I'm also a Jessica Enis fan, so I might consider that one a clean sweep. The women's pole vault was another sweep, with White Brazilian Fabiana Murer winning the gold. I fully expect Isinbaeva to challenge for the gold in London next year.

The men's and women's 400m hurdles have a bunch of whites with a good chance to win a few medals. And of course, Lemaitre going for a medal in 200m is the one event I'm looking forward the most.

But to me, the most impressive win was Zaripova's victory in the 3000m steeplechase. She won convincingly over a bunch of Kenyans and Ethiopeans, and this proves that they are very much beatable. I know they dominate all the middle and long distances, and it's a tall order to break their stranglehold in those events, but it can be done. In fact, after they crossed the finish line, all the Kenyan women had a look of disbelief in their faces, like how did we get beat by that white girl? :icon_smile:

It should be an exciting finish thru Sunday, I'm very much enjoying these championships.

Also, the Jamaican team is having a particularly bad year, was there some problem with the yam crop this season? :biggrin:

mastermulti

Master
19 year old Daphne Schippers (Nederlands)

ran 22.69 (-0.3) PB to win her heat. Having run a legal 11.19 a little while back she's really come on this year.
She first came to our attention probably 18 months ago

white lightning

Hall of Famer
She is one to keep a close eye on mastermulti. Lalova looked good in her heat along with a few others.

One thing of note is to keep in mind that the worlds greatest male and female athletes are both whites. The decathalon and heptathalon are probably the best test of all around athletic ability. Whites usually dominate and they have again at this years world champs.

The long jump competition got underway and most of our guys looked good in advancing to the final except for Greg Rutherford. He just didn't look like himself today. The finals is going to be really exciting. I want Mitchell Watt to win as he is the best in the world at the moment in my opinion.

foobar75

Master
Also coming up is Jesse Williams in the high jump who's a gold medal favorite. This should be a sweep, although there's some 20 year old beanpole from Qatar who could threaten for a medal. (idiot Universal announcers were talking about him and using him as an example of how we need more diversity in the infield events)

There are also several medal contenders in the men's and women's 400m hurdles.

albinosprint

Mentor
this has been the best WC for whites since the 70's. we are taking it back people!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I agree from the multi events, field events and most of the running events. The womens 1500 was fantastic. Congrats to Jesse Williams on winning the high jump gold. One of the american athletes that I actually like. He has been a stud since college like Wariner and he finally won the big one! Great race in the 400 hurdles too. It would be cool to post more of the finals videos on this thread so we can relive these moments while waiting for the London Olympics.

foobar75

Master
The evil, corrupt caste system has suffered a big blow in Daegu. Absolutely incredible performances by Simpson and Williams, plus so many others. There's more to come and if CL can medal in the 200, that will be the icing on the cake.

It was nice to see the men's 800 meter finals have a 3-4-5-6 all white finish. The 800 for a very long time was getting blacker by the year now it seems as if there seems to be fewer and fewer competing at the elite levels. Congradulations to Yuri Borzikovsky.