2011 Redskins

Anderson had 2 catches for 21 yards. He was targeted unsuccessfully four other times, I can't say if the "blame" for those goes on him, Rex, or the coverage.

Kerrigan with three tackles. Redskins had no sacks -- the refs did not seem to be calling holding this game, so the Jets took advantage.

Star affletes Fred Davis and Trent Williams are done for the season. No, not injuries -- 4 game suspensions for repeated blatant drug test failures. Recreational drugs, not performance enhancing.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Anderson had 2 catches for 21 yards. He was targeted unsuccessfully four other times, I can't say if the "blame" for those goes on him, Rex, or the coverage.

Kerrigan with three tackles. Redskins had no sacks -- the refs did not seem to be calling holding this game, so the Jets took advantage.

Star affletes Fred Davis and Trent Williams are done for the season. No, not injuries -- 4 game suspensions for repeated blatant drug test failures. Recreational drugs, not performance enhancing.

yup, Kerrigan was blatantly held at least once, would have been a sure-fire sack.

Williams is just another typical black o-lineman. Overdrafted, overpaid, not that good.

The Davis story is a bit sadder, if you're a Redskins fan. Physically, he's capable of being a starting tight end. Mentally, he's smart enough, but he doesn't have good discipline, hence all his dropped passes, and now this suspension. Apparently you had to fail THREE drug tests to get penalized. I'm sure there are hundreds of NFL players smoking weed, but most of them have enough self-control to shut it down at least temporarily after the first time they get caught.

Here's a quote from wikipedia from 2008:
Redskins head coach Jim Zorn was asked why Davis wasn't involved in the offense. Zorn answered: "It really is a matter of [Davis] doing his assignments correctly. It's a trust factor. It's not a speed factor. It's not an ability factor. But it makes no sense for me to put a guy out there who can run real fast, but not going in the right direction. Or in some cases not even go out. It's not that he forgot, it's just that it didn't register." Zorn said it's difficult to tolerate those kinds of mistakes, even if it happens just once or twice. "If it happens at all, it's hard to trust," Zorn said. "So that's part of the issue."

Oh, and this was Davis' contract year. He's a free agent when the season ends.

The good news for CF is that the next guy on the depth chart is Logan Paulsen. So he gets these next four games to prove himself.

Woody

Guru
Wow, I didn't realize you had to be such a dedicated burnout to be suspended like that. He tested positive 3 times?! Yet, this completely explains his lack of focus, discipline, etc.

I wish it was Trent Williams' contract year...I too am a Redskins fan, and he is woeful.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/504530/fred-davis

Fantasy Analysis

Davis was enjoying his finest season in his four years in the NFL and registered career highs in receptions (59) and yards (796) while scoring three touchdowns before the suspension. His impressive receiving total paced Washington by more than 100 yards as Jabar Gaffney trailed him with 665 yards. Fantasy owners should seek other alternatives for the remainder of the season -- other than Paulsen -- as Davis is likely done.
(Updated 12/06/2011)

That looks like a swipe at Paulsen..

Tom Iron

Mentor
I know full well what this website is about, but I've got to say this. London Fletcher is one black guy who plays football 100%. No BS about him. If you read the boxscore weekly, he consistantly makes the most tackles on the Redskins. It's as if he's out there running around tackling people and most everyone else on the D is watching. If you look at his stats over the years, it's amazing. Sixteen games played, and sixteen game starts.

Shuts his mouth and plays. Hasn't been in any trouble as far as I know and is a good guy. Happens every so often.

Exceptions just prove the rule.

Tom Iron...

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I know full well what this website is about, but I've got to say this. London Fletcher is one black guy who plays football 100%. No BS about him. If you read the boxscore weekly, he consistantly makes the most tackles on the Redskins. It's as if he's out there running around tackling people and most everyone else on the D is watching. If you look at his stats over the years, it's amazing. Sixteen games played, and sixteen game starts.

Shuts his mouth and plays. Hasn't been in any trouble as far as I know and is a good guy. Happens every so often.

Exceptions just prove the rule.

Tom Iron...
Both Don and myself have given props to Fletcher in past posts, as he is a class act player, no TNB, and has worked hard.

Now, where is ToughJ when we need a "Toast to London Fletcher" thread? Speaking of ToughJ, has anybody heard from him?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
ToughJ had a team in one of CF's fantasy leagues, but hasn't been to the league site in over 2 months. I hope everything is ok with him.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Quite a demotion for Raheem, whose future as a head coach looked so bright just last season. Notice that Weenieworld doesn't mention super-reliable and consistent Reed Doughty even as one of the backups in the Redskins backfield.

Redskins hired Raheem Morris as defensive backs coach. The Skins may also place an "assistant head coach" tag on Morris. The move has the potential to create something of a struggle within the Redskins' coaching staff if coordinator Jim Haslett views Morris as a threat to his job. For now, Morris will focus on coaching up Josh Wilson, DeAngelo Hall, DeJon Gomes, and Kevin Barnes. The return of safeties LaRon Landry, a free agent, and O.J. Atogwe, a possible cap casualty, are questionable.

SchaafC

Guru
Quite a demotion for Raheem, whose future as a head coach looked so bright just last season. Notice that Weenieworld doesn't mention super-reliable and consistent Reed Doughty even as one of the backups in the Redskins backfield.

Redskins hired Raheem Morris as defensive backs coach. The Skins may also place an "assistant head coach" tag on Morris. The move has the potential to create something of a struggle within the Redskins' coaching staff if coordinator Jim Haslett views Morris as a threat to his job. For now, Morris will focus on coaching up Josh Wilson, DeAngelo Hall, DeJon Gomes, and Kevin Barnes. The return of safeties LaRon Landry, a free agent, and O.J. Atogwe, a possible cap casualty, are questionable.

Typical, I am surprised that Morris got the boot. I thought he would be given another year. Same goes for Hue Jackson.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Blackskins living up to their name. Now all they need is to draft Griffin and then fire Shanahan after this year. Then Raheem can create more of his black magic in DC like he did for the Bucs.

forty-four

Guru
Blackskins living up to their name. Now all they need is to draft Griffin and then fire Shanahan after this year. Then Raheem can create more of his black magic in DC like he did for the Bucs.

Looks like they're heading in that direction now that they've given away the future for Griffin. :tape2: On a positive note - at least the Rams may be getting better.

It's 2012 already guys, make a new thread.

And I can't express how much I hate Snyder right now. This will doom the team for another five years. He and his people know nothing about sports. They suck the money out of everything they touch and then move on,leaving it ruined.

Woody

Guru
I had thought that we had filled our quota better than any other team in the NFL, but I guess with Snyder it's never enough. Despite our proud history as being the ONLY team to win a SB with a black QB (granted Doug Williams didn't start the whole year and didn't really lead them there exactly), he had to draft the mediocre Campbell and give him an eternity to "develop" (Note to non-Redskins fans: He didn't). Then go after a washed up McNabb. Then mortgage our future for a very risky RGIII.

I really don't know if I will root for them this year. It's always been painful for a number of reasons (I have of course supplemented my racially-cringing soul with healthy doses of the Patriots, Colts, Texans and Packers) , but I am a fan. This may be too much. They never win anyway so it's not like I'll miss out on the Super Bowl parade. I'll check back in a few years, right now just take me off this ride.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I had thought that we had filled our quota better than any other team in the NFL, but I guess with Snyder it's never enough. Despite our proud history as being the ONLY team to win a SB with a black QB (granted Doug Williams didn't start the whole year and didn't really lead them there exactly), he had to draft the mediocre Campbell and give him an eternity to "develop" (Note to non-Redskins fans: He didn't). Then go after a washed up McNabb. Then mortgage our future for a very risky RGIII.

I really don't know if I will root for them this year. It's always been painful for a number of reasons (I have of course supplemented my racially-cringing soul with healthy doses of the Patriots, Colts, Texans and Packers) , but I am a fan. This may be too much. They never win anyway so it's not like I'll miss out on the Super Bowl parade. I'll check back in a few years, right now just take me off this ride.

Woody,

I am not a fan of the Redskins but growing up in this area I have been inclined to follow them. I usually cheer against them but last season they made a little bit of headway by drafting Kerrigan and Neild. They also utilized Carriker correctly and he was able to stay healthy. All that is negated now with this moronic trade. Griffin is hyped because he is the next black hope at QB. He runs fast and throws to WRs who are either open or get a ton of YAC.

He was not deserving of the Heisman and wasn't even the best college QB in his conference - Collin Klein gets that nod IMO. Playing versus Ok St Griffin did not play well yet that was overlooked. He played in a conference that does not play defense and has QBs put up gaudy stats year in and year out. This was ignored as well. Baylor beat Oklahoma off a lucky play in which the ball bounced out of one WR's hand and miraculously landed in another's and he was able to score. Again this was not mentioned - Griffin is a total media BSPN creation - Pro black Mark May was one of the first culprits.

The fact this guy will be the toast of the town for the next 5-6 years really irks me. The DC region is full of DWFs and black racists so the hype is in full swing here. No one is even speaking out saying what a terrible fleecing the Rams made of the Redskins. Everyone seems to think that Griffin is some sort of deity ready to be worshiped and can do no wrong. I highly doubt he will be leading them to many playoff seasons and Griffin will be coddled with excuses as to why he never lead them to a super bowl. The Redskins mortgaged their future and I am hoping the fail miserably. Jason Campbell was treated with kid gloves during his mediocre tenure in Washington, the media never harshly criticized him and always made up the constant excuse of he had x number of coordinators in x number of years.

Who knows what the Redskins would of done if they gave Patrick Ramsey a fair shot...you remember him right? He was destroyed by Spurrier's college offense that allowed the QB to get constantly hit. He never complained though - was a tough as nails QB. St. Joe Gibbs comes waltzing back into town and promises Ramsey he will be the starting QB but what does he do? He signs an aging Mark Brunell - not to tutor Ramsey but to become the starting QB. Ramsey was lost his job to injury in the 2005 season and Campbell was drafted that year as well and all the Doug Williams comparisons began to spring up.

Sorry for such a rant but the Griffin trade really lit a fire under me. I have been saying that the QB position is in danger and this move for such a media hyped creation just makes me wonder what the future holds.