2011 Redskins

I hope its OK to start this topic now...

Until yesterday, the Washington Redskins had made eleven first round draft picks under Daniel Snyder's ownership (99-present). Just one of those eleven players was white.

However, in a sign that Snyder may indeed no longer be the team's de facto GM, yesterday they chose a white player in the first round -- DE Ryan Kerrigan.

ryan-kerrigan.jpg

He's expected to move to OLB, assuming the NFL plays this season.

Well, so much for that. After Kerrigan, the redskins only picked one more white player this draft, nose tackle Chris Nield in the 7th round. http://www.msnsportsnet.com/profile.cfm?id=101258 .

75263.jpg

In between, they picked ten (!) black players. The good news, I guess, is that most of them were late picks who probably won't make the team. So realistically we've gained one white player and 2-3 blacks....

...yes, that means the Redskins are getting whiter.
Edited by: Mischling3rdDegree

White Power

Mentor
I for one will root for Roy Helu to get carries for the Redskins this year as I watched Nebraska football last year I noticed that Helu is polynesian but did seem like a good person and a decent player. He and Brex really played well together last year. Yes I know he is not white however is is not a brother who thinks the world owes him so from that stand point I hope he does pretty good for the Redskins.Here is his picture. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1011/nfl-2011-draft-preview-top-10-running-backs/content.8.html

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Will McNabb and his army of whiners in the media cry "racism" (yet again) if the scenario below happens? Washed up is the only way to describe how he played last season.

CSN Washington's Ryan O'Halloran suggests the Redskins wouldn't get more than a "used kicking tee" in a Donovan McNabb trade. The suggestion is half-joking, but realistic. The Redskins wouldn't even get a used kicking tee for McNabb because he's due $12.5 million in 2011, entering his age-35 season, and coming off the worst performance of his career. As much as the Redskins and their fans would like to pretend McNabb still has a trade market, he's going to be released before the season kicks off.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Don, for some reason and correct me of I'm wrong, I don't think McNabb will get much sympathy here. For one, Washington is fed up with losing period, two, even the most ardent McNabb supporters I think somehowknew this was a bad deal, knowing McNabb couldn't get it done in Philly with what he had, and three,as you pointed out the dismal season he had last year. With that being said, nothing would surprise me at this point, with what I witness almost daily on ESPN and other sports media outlets!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
McNabb was and might still be the best black quarterback of the past 10 years or so. I expect some of the DWF's to support him. I'm sure he'll play the race card yet again.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Stokely signs with the Blackskins. From Rotoworld:
Brandon Stokley - WR - Redskins

Redskins agreed to terms with WR Brandon Stokley, formerly of the Seahawks.

The 35-year-old Stokley caught 31 balls for 354 yards and no touchdowns in 11 appearances with Seattle last year. Stokley's familiarity with Mike Shanahan will come in handy, but he is a declining player at his stage. He certainly won't add much explosiveness to the Redskins' offense, even as a slot receiver.

Liverlips2

Hey, if he can land a roster slot on the Blackskins for a year or two it is still a plus for one of the most racist teams in the NFL.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Looks like the info from Weenieworld was premature.

Updating a previous item, the Redskins have backed out of a contract agreement with free agent Brandon Stokley.

Stokley's agent confirmed the news Thursday morning. The Skins clearly have Stokley on their radar as a fall-back option, but they're overloaded at wide receiver now and may not be done adding them. Stokley returns to free agency.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Doughty gets resigned.

Redskins re-signed SS Reed Doughty to a three-year contract.

Doughty's market must have been exceptionally soft, as he's returning to an overcrowded Redskins' secondary after there were no public reports of interest in his services. He figures to be used primarily on running downs this season, though LaRon Landry's slow recovery from an Achilles injury may open up a bigger window for playing time.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yet another "professional receiver" who can't receive. I'll bet it's quite a bit more frequent than "one drop on Wednesday" and "two drops on Tuesday."

Rookie Leonard Hankerson has reportedly continued to struggle with drops at Redskins training camp. According to Rich Campbell of the Washington Times, "the frequency at which he drops passes is a bit stunning." Hankerson had one drop Wednesday, and another report stated that he had two on Tuesday. Redskins beat writers have all taken note of Hankerson's talent, but he won't play early if he can't catch the ball.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Adam Carriker to be replaced in the starting lineup by a "beast":

The Redskins announced Friday that second-round pick Jarvis Jenkins would start their second preseason game over Adam Carriker. Carriker was one of the Skins' few defenders to hold his own last season, but Jenkins has looked beastly in camp. The rookie will start at left end, across from Stephen Bowen. Washington's front seven will be much improved this year.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Only American blacks have the mentality to behave like this, and actually believe they'll be hired. Even the NFL, with its extremist pro-black policies, has its limitations.

Free agent Clinton Portis reportedly showed up "incredibly out of shape" to his Friday workout with the Patriots. Portis reportedly shed 25 pounds in two weeks leading up to the workout, so it sounds like he's been sitting on the couch all weekend. He "wasn't fit at all," according to the Boston Globe. Portis won't be signing anywhere soon.

moose

Guru
looks like washington will have 7 or 8 white starters this season,thats quite and improvement from last season.

looks like washington will have 7 or 8 white starters this season,thats quite and improvement from last season.

WOW! That's great. They have 2 on defense, right (maybe 3 if injuries get Doughty in there)? QB, TE & OL on offense?

(Update: Looks Doughty is in for now! Three white men on defense in Washington - that is a change indeed!)

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
WOW! That's great. They have 2 on defense, right (maybe 3 if injuries get Doughty in there)? QB, TE & OL on offense?

(Update: Looks Doughty is in for now! Three white men on defense in Washington - that is a change indeed!)

If you want to post as forty four, pm me the password you want and you will be able to log in under your original username.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It seems alot experts think the Redskins are going to get Pryor tomorrow. I really hope this is not the case. It blows my mind as people seem to forget Matt Jones was the same player but was a better athlete.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer

foobar75

Master
Looks like Rex Grossman has been named the starter at WAS. This is quite a turnaround for him, and I fully expected his career to be over after leaving CHI.

Grossman has been one of the most hated QBs by the DWFs and the media, receiving some of the most vile criticism I've ever heard directed at a player (similar to Tebow this year). I hope this opportunity allows him to resuscitate his career.

bigunreal

Mentor
David Anderson joins a very rare breed- a white WR to catch a pass in a regular season game for the Redskins. I don't expect him to carve out much of a role with the team, however. How could anyone hope to crack that sterling lineup?

referendum

Mentor
Anderson's chances to stay on a bit in Washington are helped by Hankerson going on IR today.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
David Anderson joins a very rare breed- a white WR to catch a pass in a regular season game for the Redskins. I don't expect him to carve out much of a role with the team, however. How could anyone hope to crack that sterling lineup?

Jimmy Farris may be last one to do so back in 2005.

Anderson had just one catch today but it was a pretty one to set up a TD a couple plays later. Our first non-penalty first down (the fact that it came 24 minutes into the game says a lot about the Redskins).

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d82449c92/Anderson-s-amazing-grab

Kerrigan had a sack, Neild (not a regular starter) had half a sack.

Afflete Trent Williams continues to regress. He has not justified his draft position and big contract.

PS: Thanks for resetting my password, Don.