2011 New Orleans Saints

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Korey Hall signs with the Saints and looks to be the starter at fullback.

Korey Hall - RB - Saints

Saints signed FB Korey Hall, DE Curtis Johnson, and OG Dan Gay.

Hall played last season for the Super Bowl champs, mostly appearing on special teams. He's the No. 1 fullback on New Orleans' depth chart for now. Gay went undrafted in 2010. Johnson is a low-rent camp body at defensive end.

dwid

Hall of Famer
I wonder what will happen to Heath Evans. Hall is a good receiver out the backfield and Sean Payton likes to utilize the fullback in the passing game more than the average coach. When Heath was 100% his first season for the Saints he had 15 touches in 5 games 3 tds, doesn't sound like much but its more than most White fullbacks get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxLcr1yD0jk

there is Korey Hall playing linebacker in college, wonder why he was switched to fullback in the first place, looks like a really good linebacker

Last edited:

TwentyTwo

Master
Good question...do the Saints keep two Fullbacks??

Also the Saints signed LB-Will Herring from Seahawks...hopefully he gets a chance to start instead of designated WSTD...he had a great wild-card game vs Saints last year...they must have been impressed.

The dwf's lightning-rod Scott Shanle just resigned.

Jeff Charleston continues to impress when called upon!

DT's Mitch King & undrafted rookie free-agent Dexter Larimore should battle for roster spots!

DB's Chris Reis & Matt Giordano are also back...

Last edited:

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Jeremiha Hunter Tears Achilles

http://hawkeyebeat.com/2011/08/04/jeremiha-hunter-tears-achilles/

Sad news yesterday for former Iowa Hawkeye linebacker Jeremiha Hunter. It was reported by New Orleans Saints RapidReports that Hunter, who was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Saints, tore his Achilles tendon in practice and has officially been put on Injured Reserve.

Also, according to New Orleans Saints RapidReports, Hunter had been performing quite well in practice so far and the Saints had been impressed.
Unfortunately it doesn’t sound like Jeremiha will be back on the football field anytime soon.

HawkeyeBeat

referendum

Mentor
Also, looks like Matt Tennant will be new starter at center. Or maybe not as Saints sign Olin Kreutz, who is part white, part Hawaiian perhaps.

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Mark Ingram averages less than 4 yards per carry and catches 1 pass for 4 yards in his first pre-season game, and in the surreal world of the NFL his already over-hyped stock soars even more:

New Orleans Saints rookie RB Mark Ingram made his NFL debut Friday, Aug. 12, and scored his first touchdown in the team's preseason victory over the San Francisco 49ers. He rushed six times for 23 yards. 'I just have to thank the line for blocking great. That's what really allowed me to get in. All I had to do was make one guy miss,' Ingram said. Ingram also caught one pass for four yards.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]
His ADP is going up by the moment. We expect that you'll have to take him in the third round by the time the third week of the preseason rolls around.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Does anyone think Mitch King will be a lock to make the team? I am sure hoping he will, by all accounts he was a disruptive force against the 49ers.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Well since he is White, he will have to play like that the rest of preseason, which I think he can do. Gregg Williams (d-coordinator) seems likes smaller defensive tackles, ones that can penetrate and get pressure, also loves versatility, guys that can play multiple spots. This guy caught Kendall Hunter from behind while the "speedy" linebackers that dwf's were raving about lagged behind. One of the things coaches were worried about is if King could get push, he didn't have a problem. The only problem is the coach has come out and said the dline is stacked and will have to make some tough cuts. There are a few good defensive lineman but some are all hype. The fans seem to love King already with the "Mama's Boy" tattoo when he flexes.

Mighty Joe2

Mitch King is probabbly the most screwed over White defensive player of the last 2 or 3 years.At 6'2 and 275 he's undersized for a defensive takle.He should be playing D End.He has the same build as Charles Johnson of the Panthers and similar measurables but as with all White players it takes any excuse and Kings height will probably ensure he's not alloted any opportunity.Johnson had 11 sacks last season and has just signed a huge contract King could match that production if started at his proper position.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I noticed that Derek Landri has looked great for the Eagles. In fact, he played very well for the Jags as well but was never "allowed" to start.

Just as with defensive end and all other defensive positions, when Whites are given opportunities they are almost always productive. King was a dominant talent at Iowa, and could be in the NFL, too. Defensive tackle is the weakest defensive position in the NFL after cornerback. And defensive tackle and cornerback are the two positions that are the most taboo for Whites to play, sheer coincidence I'm sure.

dwid

Hall of Famer
from weenieworld
"Veteran C Olin Kreutz is walking away from the Saints because "he no longer feels passion and doesn't want to just collect paycheck," according to his agent.

It's just as well for the Saints. The 34-year-old appears to be 275 pounds soaking wet this season, and he's been pushed around in the running game. Coach Sean Payton has shown little confidence in the interior O-line in key situations, and Kreutz has been a primary culprit. Turning to Brian De La Puente should help the ground attack going forward. A six-time Pro Bowler, Kreutz's 14-year NFL career is likely over. "

Brian De La Puente has been playing great. Yeah very noble of Kreutz to walk away after several games of horrible play and then finally going out due to injury and realizing you aren't getting the starting job back. I'm surprised Brian hasn't found a starting gig before this, hes been in the league for a few years now. He looks great out there. Kreutz was getting thrown around like a rag doll.

wile

Master
The Caste media in Chicago was up in arms when they let him go sign with NO. Basically proving once more that the media whores for white dispossesion are idiots.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Well, good thing Brees is a RH QB, so he can see the DE blow past the slow-footed ex-Criminole Willis, who has bounced around the league like a ping-pong ball in his short career. Only a 4th round pick, so I guess he can't be labeled a mega-bust.

referendum

Mentor
I believe Strief will be ready to go again at tackle, and he probably would have been starting again even had Brown not got injured, so Saints will have a whopping two white starters on O-line, De la Puente and Strief.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Yes Strief practiced fully today and will be ready. I don't know if he would be starting if Brown had not gotten injured, even though he played horrible. Strief has outplayed several sumos throughout his career only to see the bench once they get healthy. He should have been starting at LT over Bushrod and Jamaal Brown when he was still a starter. He did a better job every time he had to fill in but always wound up back on the bench. Then they decided to have a lot of power formations in 2009 with both Strief and Bushrod on the same side, they would throw it quite a bit out of these formations and caught teams off guard, part of their success and going to the Superbowl.

Maybe they should think about finding some White guards with the recent success De la Puente, the "pro bowl" guards have been doing terrible. I am sure there are White guys sitting on the bench somewhere that can outplay them, just like De la Puente outplayed Kreutz.

They signed White receiver Andy Tanner. I hope they plan on using him in the future because none of the other receivers were getting separation, and Brees doesn't need his receivers to get that much separation, just a little bit since he is so accurate. He has made Lance Moore look good who imo is a poorer version of Mike Hass. Just think what Hass could be doing with Brees as his receiver. All Brees asks is for his receivers to run great routes, know the playbook inside and out, get the tiniest bit of separation and catch the ball. The team doesn't have a true number 1 receiver on the team and he still does well.

Last edited:

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
With San Fran losing to ARI, there is a good opportunity for Drew Brees to secure a bye for New Orleans.

I would probably rather see San Fran play on wildcard weekend, to see what they are made of.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Sean Payton for MVP!! :hail:

I would have been devastated if New Orleans had lost what is essentially a "play in" game.. Saints/Niners up next, and I'm amped (this is the matchup I wanted to see).