2011 - Highlights of players going pro

dwid

Hall of Famer
Its that time of year again. I don't have as much free time as the previous years but I will try to keep up with the players going pro. Crazy how most of our guys putting up good stats are actually underclassmen like Line, Burkhead etc.

The first video is of Kris Durham who I have kept track of each week. Great player, tall and fast. Overshadowed by AJ Green, but averaging 20 yards per catch. Notice how most of the balls are not thrown hitting him in stride, he usually has to adjust, come back to the ball or wait/slow down etc, the 2 passes that are right on target he is off to the races.

Kris Durham - Georgia Wide Receiver averaged 20 yards per catch his senior season with close to 700 yards. 1109 receiving yards in his career but only got a chance to get real playing time his senior season. 6'5 217 pounds and 4.4 speed.

Kyle Minett SDSU Tailback 5'10 215 pounds, 4277 rushing yards and 912 receiving yards, 54 total tds for his 4 year career at South Dakota St.

Jeff Maehl - Wide Receiver Oregon 6'1 190 pounds, 77 catches 1076 yards 12 tds his senior season, 178 receptions 2311 yards 24 tds in his career at Oregon

Chase Reynolds - Montana Halfback 6'0 195 pounds , Rushed for over 4,067 yards with over 864 receiving yards, 59 tds in 3 years at Montana.

Ricky Elmore - Arizona DE/OLB prospect 6'5 260 pounds 26 career sacks 120 tackles, most of those came the past 2 years when he was a full time starter. Potential to be a pass rushing OLB in a 3-4 as well as DE in a 4-3 defense.

Dane Sanzenbacher - Ohio State WR 5'11 190 pounds 115 catches 1811 yards and 18 tds for his career, last season was the best averaging 17 yards per catch

Tommy Irvin S Wofford 6'0 212 pounds, runs in the 4.5 range, maybe 4.4.

Brooks Reed DE/olb Arizona Tons of potential, has been compared to Clay Matthews, just ran a 1.54 10 yard split at his pro day which is incredible for a man his size, was top in the 40 yard dash at the combine as well

Ryan Kerrigan - Purdue DE/OLB 33.5 career sacks 6'4 267 pounds, Tied for the all-time Football Bowl Subdivision record with 14 fumbles forced (Big Ten record) tied for second all-time at Purdue with 33.5 sacks ... fifth in Purdue history in tackles for loss with 57. Performed well above expectations at the combine

Tyler Sash S Iowa 6'1 210 pounds 13 career interceptions, ranks fourth all-time in the Big Ten Conference with 392 interception return yards, 217 career tackles, 3 forced fumbles, top performer in the 40 for the safety position

Chris Prosinski S Wyoming 6'0 200 pounds, 317 tackles in the past 3 years, 20 pass deflections 5 interceptions and 4 forced fumbles
as mentioned on here, he ran a 4.39 at his pro day with a 11.2 Broad jump and a 39.5 inch vertical. Would've beaten ALL defensive backs for broad jump at the combine, and only "1" under the combine record. Would've tied for first among ALL defensive backs for the vertical,tied for first in the 3 cone drill among safetys this year and just right outside the top performers in the shuttle. His 40 yard dash wouldve been the best for a safety and in the top for a cornerback. He has drawn comparisons to Melvin Bullitt from the Colts, but I think he can be better. A great athlete, usually goes for the deflection instead of risking it trying to make an interception.

Andy Dalton qb One of the most winningest quaterbacks in college history. Amazing that he was able to average a health ypc, he couldve taken many runs longer, but he was coached to go down as soon as he got the first down, he didn't do this his first season which I couldn't find footage of

Kyle RudolphThis guy has the speed of a wide receiver but can block with the best of them already in the league which is rare for a tight end coming out. Can't believe he fell to the 2nd. Going to wind up like a faster Rob Gronkowski, I know he timed slow but he was still dealing with a hamstring issue

Colin McCarthy LinebackerHes going to wind up better than the linebackers selected higher than him

Blaine Gabbert A few clips I found, hopefully he gets to start right away

Scotty McKnight Surprised to see him drafted over Maehl and Sanzenbacher but he will be good....if the Jets actually use him.

Scotty McKnight WR Scotty McKnight Surprised to see him drafted over Maehl and Sanzenbacher but he will be good....if the Jets actually use him.

Hope you guys enjoy.
Edited by: dwid

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It'll be interesting to see whatDurham times in the 40 at the Combine (assuming he's even invited). He looks like a man among boys in the highlights. With some open space he's reminiscent of Matt Jones from his days at Arkansas.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The TDs against Georgia Tech and Mississippi State were really cool! Awesome job as usual, dwid!
smiley32.gif

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Honestly, he reminds me of Randy Moss. Tall, lanky receiver with a long stride. Goes up and gets alot of deep jump balls....

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
He looks good. Should be a #1 or # 2 in the NFL. DWF's, however, look at him this way: "Wow, a tall, fast receiver with good vertical! He would look AWESOME in the slot on my team, the (fill in the blank)!"
smiley11.gif

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
That would put him at around 4.55, give or take, as the normal modus operandi for Scout is white, add .10, black, subtract .10 for published 40 times.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I doubt he'll get a Combine invite so his Pro Day will be very important. He should run pretty well but once draft time comes they will be calling him the next Ed McCaffery and a "possession receiver."
It will be the usual, you know something like "hard worker who makes the most out of his athletic ability," and "won't beat anyone in a foot race but has potential as a teams fourth receiver."

Dwid, I love the videos, like the songs you use most of the time too--Rush goes very well with the Durham video!I have a request: next time you make a video with a White RB, will you consider "Run like Hell" by Pink Floyd? I can just see Burkhead breaking a long run with the chorus "run, run, run, run..." Anyway, keep up the great work!

dwid

Hall of Famer
Thanks, Im glad you liked the video. Yeah it took me a while to find songs that fit and then it hit me. I'll definitely keep that song in mind, I am always having trouble with which songs to use, its always upsetting after spending hours looking for a song only to have the audio disabled by Youtube. For some reason most of the music I use has the videos banned in Germany.

As far as 40 times, most of the guys he has separation from in the video have supposedly run in the 4.4 range, I think two supposedly ran in the 4.3 range.

An article I found on him

"Despite his ungainly frame, Durham isn't clumsy. His fastest 40-yard dash time was a 4.47. Durham says his more legitimate time is in the "low-4.5s."Â￾"

Comes from a athletic family and dad is a track coach so I think he could get his time into low 4.4 range by combine time. This quote about being low 4.5, that time was before his senior season, usually guys improve since they have time just to train for pro day/combine events after the season is over.

""I'm probably faster with pads on,"Â￾ Durham said. "I ran track and I've got good speed. My dad (Michael Durham) was a track coach and he was a decathlete here at Georgia. My uncle (Robbie Spector) played at Clemson, so I've got some people in the family who can run."Â￾

Very athletic even though his teammates give him backhanded compliments

""He doesn't look it, but he's a heckuva athlete,"Â￾ said Georgia fullback Fred Munzenmaier, who has roomed with Durham for the last three years. "Picture this image in your head: We were at the gymnastics gym one night and a bunch of us were playing around. Kris is this big, tall, spindly-looking receiver that you wouldn't think could jump straight up in the air, let alone do a back flip.

"But there he was, doing these back flips into the foam pit there in the gymnastics gym. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen, he's all feet and arms doing all these back flips, just like the gymnasts."Â￾

the article is here for those interested

http://dogbytesonline.com/healthy-durham-putting-up-career-numbers-in-final-season-5548/Edited by: dwid

Awesome video on Durham again dwid. I'm looking forward to the Jeff Maehl vid which will take a lot of material to comb through I'm sure. I hope after Meahl you're able to do Dane Sanzenbacher. He's made some spectacular catches and finally got a nose for the endzone his senior year, including 4 tds against Eastern Michigan.

backrow

Hall of Famer
awesome! this draft will be really important for us, i wanna see if teams are slowly getting their heads around the fact that it's good to have receivers like Collie or Nelson on their teams, and there are some white runningbacks out there!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Sadly it looks like no white running backs will be drafted this year. Chase Reynold and Kyle Minett may be able to catch on as free agents somewhere.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Look forward to seeing what Iowa safety Tyler Sash can do in the pros!

dwid

Hall of Famer
thanks im glad you liked it Electric Slide. Yeah I have been working on a Dane video as well as Maehl.

added Kyle Minett, his was easier to finish before Maehl since there isn't that much footage out there of him. Who do you guys think he runs like? I think he could be a poor man's Michael Turner.Edited by: dwid

dwid

Hall of Famer
Updated to add Chase Reynolds. Sorry its so long, there was just so much footage of him. I tried my best to cut out stuff and only show runs and catches that showcased some type of skillset, there was originaly over 20 minutes of footage, I got it down to 13.

That level of competition isn't a joke. Most dwfs would think Marc Mariani was a man among boys being that he was able to make NFL defenders look stupid, and even though he stood out, there were quite a few defenders on the same level or close to him.

I think Chase Reynolds should be drafted in a fair world, definetly top 10 in this draft. Last year only 13 backs were drafted, and not many had success. The big names are failing each year, even the year before last. I think he should at least picked somewhere in the 4th or 5th, but I doubt that will happen. Hopefully he just gets an opportunity somewhere.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
The Chase Reynolds and Jeff Maehl videosare awesome DWid! Edited by: celticdb15

dwid

Hall of Famer
Thanks, Im glad you liked them. The more I watch Chase Reynolds the more I like him. He definitely is a special back. I have seen a few mock drafts with him going in the 7th, the last one I have seen has him going to the Saints. I don't know if they would actually use him, but its better than nothing. They have had success with guys like Pierre Thomas and Chris Ivory, but neither can stay healthy. Chase Reynolds looks to be more talented than both, soft hands so he would fit well with the passing game they have, and hasn't had durability issues that I know of.

Maehl is definitely underrated. Some of his moves kind of remind me of Eric Peterman, the agility part. Hes kind of like a runningback after the catch. He might not have 4.4 speed like Peterman but he has better hands. Peterman let the ball come to his body too much, and scouts will look for any excuse to not give a White guy a chance. Maehl could play on the outside or the slot.

Right now I am trying to finish up one on Ricky Elmore. Ryan Kerrigan and JJ Watt are getting the respect they deserve but nobody is paying attention to Elmore who has had double digit sacks the past 2 years. The past 2 years I have been trying to do more defensive players as well as rb/wr/te.

snow

Mentor
Chase is very underrated, should be a late 2nd, early 3rd round pick imho. To think, he basically rewrote Montana's rushing records, yet he was a non preferred walk on! Here is a guy that lit it up and wasn't even offered a scholarship at an FCS program. He wasn't even a preferred walk on! According to Montana fans "he came out of nowhere"

I saw the mock draft of Reynolds going to the Saints in the 7th. Unfortunately the same writer had Noel Devine going to the Saints in the 3rd. He compared him to Danny Woodhead and Darren Sproles. Posters had it right when they said that 160 pound shrimp would be compared to Woodhead. Woodhead has almost 40 pounds on him, even Sproles has 30 pounds on him. Even if he bulks up 20 pounds, hed be a little smaller than Dexter McCluster. We saw last year how important weight is. Trindon Holliday was injured in preseason. Great to see Chase getting recognition but to have Noel Devine ahead of him in the 3rd is ridiculous. It should be reversed with Chase going in the 3rd, if Noel was to get drafted at all, which he shouldn't imo.

Again great video on Reynolds dwid, Keep up the great work, and I eagerly await your other videos, especially Dane Sanzenbacher!

I think Reynolds might just get enough attention to break through the iron walls of the NFL just like Danny Woodhead did, and hopefully this video helps in that effort!

dwid

Hall of Famer
Thanks Im glad you like them. I hope it helps the players as well and opens the eyes of some dwfs. Like I always say, the tape doesn't lie. I will try to do Dane Sanzenbacher after I finish Ricky Elmore. Just trying to add a little diversity with some defensive players.

Then I think I will do Brooks Reed. He just kept popping up the entire time I was looking at Elmore. He didn't have quite the production, I think 8 sacks in 10 and 7 in 08 with an injury in 08. He looks to have more upside and I think would do better as a olb in a 3-4 like Clay Matthews (Matthews also didn't have great college numbers as a 4-3 DE) He has the look already with the super long hair.

I hope Reynolds gets a fair shot but still some people seem to be holding his speed/size ratio and competition level against him....before he has run an actual 40 yard dash. It seems dwfs on message boards are taking the estimations by nfldraftscout literally, which list him at 4.67. The combine hasn't happened and no pro days. I just hope general managers and coaches aren't thinking the same way and someone has the balls to take a chance on him.

He doesn't have the freaksih athleticism of Woodhead but he still has a good skillset, quickness, vision and balance/power. Hes faster than someone like Shonn Greene who has been successful. Actually I think his entire skillset is better than Greene but is slightly smaller. His frame should be able to bulk up to 210 without losing any speed though. Reynolds ran a for 4,000 in 3 years, so its not like hes a nobody. So yeah hopefully with the success of Woodhead and the fact that Marc Mariani played on the same team the year before and made the pro bowl at return man in the NFL his rookie year will help Chase out.

The time listed may have been from high school which I think I saw from a Montana website, but there have been guys that ran 4.6's in high school and 4.4's at the combine. Jake Sharp ran a 4.5 coming into Kansas and got it down to 4.3 so high school times don't mean jack. Dwfs seem to think if a White guy gets caught from behind after a 50 yard run then he must have a slow 40 yard time. Maehl was considered slow by dwfs for being caught after gaining 80 yards in the championship game on one catc, most after the catch. The guy who caught him has been timed at 4.29. What part of 40 yards do they not understand? Its not a 60/80/100 yard dash, its exactly 40 yards.

They should really change it to 30 yard dash because long runs by nfl backs tend to be in the 20 to 30 yard range. Jim Brown held the record for most 30+ yard td runs in a season with 6 until the 2000's, and only 2 have gone over that. I think ToughJRiggins says it was 7 but I have read that it was 6. Either way, its not that many and it shows most backs get caught and not many backs are a "threat to hit a homerun every time they touch the ball" like the msm would have us believe. As far as wide receivers, theres really only one route that only involves running in a straight line.

Whites tend to have better 10 and 20 yard splits so a 30 yard dash would probably have more Whites in the top 10. I guess it would be too hard for dwfs to see Whites dominate pretty much every drill. Then the media would have to resort to traits that can't be measured, such as "hip wiggle."

Kris Durham looks to be screwed as far as the combine. 8 Georgia players have been invited to the combine. Durham was not one of them, including a terrible corner that was burnt every game of his career form what I have read. The NFL is afraid of White receivers that have potential on the outside. AJ Green, Justin Houston, Clint Boling, Josh Davis, Demarcus Dobbs, Akeem Dent, Shaun Chapas and Vance Cuff are the superstars from Georgia going instead of Durham. The only one deserving is AJ Green. From what I have read from Georgia fans Cuff has no business going and wish that it was Durham instead. Now we have to wait for a pro day time which will be scrutinized and rounded down significantly by the haters.

Dane is currently playing in the Senior Bowl right now, but I don't have NFL Network because it is a waste of money. Hopefully I can find a copy of it and he has some plays in the game that I can use. Sorry for the long rant hehe.Edited by: dwid

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
dwid, FYI...UGA FB Shaun Chapas & OL Clint Boling are (also) White..and deserve an invite to the combine.
smiley2.gif
You're quite correct that Cuff sucked @$$ and (more importantly) Durham got passed over on an invite (as I thought might happen).
smiley7.gif
He still has a chance to get drafted in the later rounds or sign an FA contract.

Edited by: DixieDestroyer

dwid

Hall of Famer
Sorry for the mistake Dixie. I just assumed they were all affletes since Durham got screwed over. Should of did a little research before I posted that. Good to see those 2 go. Weird to say but we are actually losing ground at offensive line AND fullback. 3 fullbacks have been drafted in the past 2 drafts, 2 blacks and 1 poly. Pretty much the only recent White fullbacks lately were converted halfbacks. Shaun looks like he could play halfback though, at least be a good powerback, can't find any high school stats for yards, says he was primarily a blocking back but he had 9 rushing tds his junior season when his high school team won the state championship in Florida, and he also has some decent stats for a rarely used weapon and lined up at the fullback spot. Would be great to see his 40, its estimated at a high 4.6 and low 4.7, which is faster than what someone like Blount ran.

Added DE Ricky Elmore from Arizona. Had double digit sacks each of the past 2 years and also good at playing the run. Scouts are holding his size against him, (I don't know when 260 became too small as long as you have the strength, there are small guys like Freeney, listed at 268 but no way hes above 260, although he has been looking like he is carrying some pudge the last 2 years) and are thinking he might project more as a 3-4 OLB, but then they claim hes not "athletic enough", so hes projected to be a 5th rounder. He should go in the 2nd or 3rd in a fair world.

He seems to be really fast, great burst off the snap and has great power despite "only being 260 pounds". So he can beat you with speed or power, just missing the spin move which is a little overrated, many great defensive ends put up sacks/pressure without it. If he had to, I think he could make the switch to OLB in the 3-4, they don't drop back in coverage that often anyway.Edited by: dwid

dwid

Hall of Famer
updated to add Dane Sanzenbacher, underrated wide receiver that had to adjust for passes constantly because of Pryor, averaged 17 yards per catch last year with close to 1000 yards. Im not sure where to rank him as a prospect just yet. The sites I have read have him as and UDFA. I think he should at least be a 4th or 5th rounder.

Going to finish up Brooks Reed next, guy looks to be a Clay Matthews clone, except bigger.