2010: Year of the white WR.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
NFLdraftscout.com white WRs that should make the top 50 WR ranking in 2010 after this years early entrants to the 2009 draft. I could only search for their ranking by name. The list is only available to subscribers; so tell me if I am missing any names that might be in the top 50 by next year that I forgot to search for. Here are the current rankings of white WRs for 2010.

WR Ranking List:
#6 WR Eric Decker
#7 WR Austin Collie
#9 WR Jordan Shipley (Granted 6th yr. of eligibility)
#14 WR Bryan Anderson (But looks small part black to me)
#18 WR Kerry Meier
#19 WR Brian Hartline (Likely to declare for 2009 Draft)
#28 WR Ryan Wolfe
#38 WR Kris Durham
#40 WR Austin Rogers
#46 WR Marc Mariani
#51 WR Chris McGaha
#53 WR Riley Cooper

Edited to add: This is a great year for white wideouts. We have three in the top 10 WRs and six in the top 20. Generally WRs ranked in the top 50 by NFLdraftscout.com have a good chance of being drafted. And lower ranked, less productive guys for 2010 like Austin Rogers and Riley Cooper are helped out by having blazing speed.

An average of 32 WRs were drafted in the past 5 years. Current undrafted FA trend number is 78 per year. 110 WRs per year make it to an NFL camp.

We could potentially have double digit white WRs drafted next year. It truly is the year of the white WR. I think people are starting to see that white WRs can play now that we are actually getting some shots at the position. Hopefully lots of these guys will shine on Sundays!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Great news and plenty of reason for hope for this next football season!!
smiley32.gif

sunshine

Mentor
Anderson looks part black to me--??? Frankly he is the least impressive on this list seems a little slow. Looke poor last night but that CM QB can ru really run.
I like Collie and Shipley as starting pro WR's down the road. Mariani showed some speed on TV recently. Decker is not quite as fast as these guys but may opt for baseball--my take on that is if a guy is a position player then it is an even trade off. Riley Cooper probably will go the baseball route like Texas Drew Stubbs except Stubbs never played college football. Cooper is being compared to Jeff Francouer for his size speed and athleticism. As a pro WR Cooper it would seem has everything. Best comaprison is Matt Jones who was having a great year on a bad club and iffy QB until the suspension. But Cooper has huge potential at WR and is a more natural WR than Jones.
For excitement though Collie and Shipley are great fun.
Hartline is pretty good and has a shot in the NFL but another year was expected.

dwid

Hall of Famer
He must not be black! the announcers degraded him and said he wasnt exactly a speed burner when a corner gave him too much cushion. He didn't look impressive last night i agree, i didnt see much of him. The other White receiver CMU had looked better, the one that looks White for sure.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Shawn Leonard Rhode Island 6'1 210

Matt Luft Harvard 6'6 225

Pat Simonds 6'6 212

Draft Daddy had both of these guys listed as pro prospects in their 2010 class as well. I don't know much about either, but we can keep an eye open. Both are from the Northeast(small schools) so posters from the NE help us out if you hear anything
smiley1.gif

Also Dan Skelly South Dakota 6'1 178Edited by: celticdb15

Javon Ringer, former MSU running back who made first team All Big 10, was asked which current college Spartan will be the best pro. He chose Blair White, the white wide receiver who absolutely blew by defensive backs last year.

"My MSU teammate still in college who I think will make the best pro is ... (Wide receiver) Blair White. He is the hardest worker and most determined player I have ever been around.

"http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=538936

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Georgia's tall white wide receiver Kris Durham is out for the year with an injury suffered during spring practice.

Mike

Guru
Don't forget Jurovich from SJSU. He was granted a medical redshirt for last year.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Jurovich, talk about your "lone bright spot" on that team.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Keep all your friends posted on his progress over at Black Planet.

dwid

Hall of Famer
Guests said:
Brandon Lafell will end up being an absolute stud!!!
smiley32.gif
Brandon Lafell? thats the best you could come up with?
Hes put up some good stats but hes very inconsistent, hes dropped tons of passes, espescially on 3rd downs that ended crucial drives. Remember the pass he bounced up to the DB?

The guy will be a bigger version of Devery Henderson, and I doubt if Lafell's speed is even close to Devery's. So a bigger, slower version of Devery, which isnt a compliment. He probably runs around a a 4.5 which is good for a wide receiver, hes big and physical which is a plus, but since he has inconsistent hands I dont know how that would make him a stud.

Id rank Eric Decker much higher than Lafell, hes also a big physical receiver, but he has great hands.Edited by: dwid

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I am hoping Riley Cooper has a big senior year. He should be a big part of the offense with harvin and others leaving.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Guests said:
Brandon Lafell will end up being an absolute stud!!!
smiley32.gif

As of now my two top WRs are Eric Decker (who's another Larry Fitzgerald/ Michael Crabtree) and Jordan Shipley (another Greg Jennings Split-End perhaps?- but also has the toughness for the Slot). Brandon Lafell would be my 4th WR after Marshawn Gilyard of Cincinatti. As of now I'd also have Bryan Anderson and Kerry Meier in the top 10 and also Ryan Wolfe is on the cusp.

Freak athletes-Riley Cooper and Austin Rogers should break out as well and jump up draft boards with good seasons and Chris McGaha should continue his productivity. Hopefully Chris Durham will get granted another year of eligibility due to injury.

There are also some great white small schoolers like Marc Mariani, Johnny Spevek and Matt Luft. It truly is the year of the white WR-whether black fawners like this guy like it or not!
smiley32.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
dwid said:
bryan anderson looks White to me, White facial features and lighter than Eric Decker, but still a little tan. I think his shaved head makes him look a little mixed, but if hes mixed, i doubt it is part black.

I have seen this guy play once and from what I've seen- he is big and strong (6'5) and adjusts to the ball well. He doesn't have game breaking speed, but he looked to be a very solid route runner.
Maybe he needs to improve consistency?

I think speed demons- Riley Cooper (and Austin Rogers if he gets more throws) have the potential to be even better than Anderson though. Maybe Tebow will throw to Cooper a lot since they were roommates this past year!
smiley32.gif

green fire317

Banned
yeah with harvin gone i think cooper will have a pretty productive year. but it is decker who i am most excited about. also looking forward to seeing defensive backs blake gideon and tyler sash play this year.

Mike

Guru
Marc Mariani might be the most athletic senior wideout in the country next season, regardless of division.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
Georgia's tall white wide receiver Kris Durham is out for the year with an injury suffered during spring practice.

6'5 205lb Durham is the tallest WR for the Dawgs & has the 2nd best hands (behind AJ Green). He'll take a redshirt next season & be back in 2010.He doesn't get many passes thrown his way (suprise, suprise).
smiley5.gif
Hopefully, that will change in '10.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
ToughJ, I found one white receiver you may have forgotten about. I never heard of him but his name is Johnny Spevak from Central Washington. He is 6'3 200 lbs with a 4.55 40. 91 catches and 20 touchdowns this past season.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Backrow i saw that on draftdaddy too!A 6'10 reciever that weighs 280? His second position is OL thats funny. My only wonder is why Ali(Sounds Muslim) isnt playing basketball in Spain. How could they let this kid slip throught the cracks?

celticdb15

Hall of Famer