2010 Detroit Lions

dwid

Hall of Famer
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/08/mikel-leshoure-will-miss-the-season/related

"The injury to rookie Lions running back Mikel LeShoure was as bad as initially feared.

Lions coach Jim Schwartz confirmed the second round pick will miss the season with a torn Achilles tendon. It’s a big blow to a Lions team excited about their early draft picks, but have also seen first-rounder Nick Fairley undergo surgery.
Jahvid Best is probably not suited for 300 touches and the Lions would rather not give Maurice Morris a huge role again, so look for Detroit to investigate free agent options."

Thats the 9th player to have torn their Achilles since training camp started 2 weeks ago, I don't know who all 9 are but I know that Reggie Hodges (black punter) is another. LeShoure was viewed by many to be the top back of the draft, him an Ingram being 1a and 1b. Slim pickings for affletes at the rb position.

Why was Best picked in the firsyt if he couldn't carry the full load? Gerhart was available, oh thats right : Regarding the pick, Lions head coach Jim Schwartz said, "Some people watch adult videos on their computer... I go to YouTube and watch Jahvid Best highlight clips. That’s what gets me going."[SUP][32][/SUP]

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
These steroid-powered blacks sure are fragile.. can't even make it to the preseason games! :icon_grin:

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
They released Preston Dial.. it looks like they did so in order to sign the "great" Jerome Harrison and Mike Bell. That will surely get them over the hump!

dwid

Hall of Famer
hah Jerome Harris and his one great game in 09 against the Chiefs of all teams with a pathetic d at the time, 34 carries and over 200 yards 8 ypc, then the next two games he had 2 games with a combined 72 carries and averaged 3.8 ypc and everyone thought that he was great. He is very inconsistent. Mike is a guy that averaged 3.8 ypc on 172 carries for the Saints with big holes because of defenders having to expect the pass. They were using run heavy formations with an extra lineman and passing out of them throwing defenses off. He gassed out after several games. We saw what he was really capable of in the Browns offense, 2 ypc. The Lions just signed 2 more inconsistent backs. Its not like the Lions run blocking was bad, Maurice Morris managed to have a decent season, hes just really old and average, he has had a few seasons of over 500 yards and 4 ypc, just nothing special. If he could do average on the Lions then first round pick Best should have too. Harrison might show a few flashes and Bell will get them 3 yards and a cloud of dust.