2010 Cleveland Browns

TheAnimal

Guru
foobar75 said:
Holmgren's teams have always stuck to the following formula, when you examine his Green Bay and Seattle years:

a white QB

2-3 white OL

a nearly coal-black defense, with 1-2 token whites

an occasional white TE

...and a nearly 100% black composition on the skill positions (WR/RB)

We also need to factor in their GM and his formula though. His formula seems to be coal black defense, 1 token white tackle and coal black at EVERY skill position INCLUDING QB. If it's any indication the Browns are likely to resembled the Eagles within the next few years.

TheAnimal

Guru
snow said:
They are hoping for a saviour like Cowher, it only took the guy like 14 years to win a Superbowl.Mangini fired after 2 years with only a few weapons on offense. Browns fans thought Bellicheck wouldn't be able to coach himself out of a paper bag, or something to that effect.
<div>

Browns fans actually seem to be pretty upset over this firing in general. They not admit the Belichick hatred was a mistake and that Mangini was building a team just like Belichicks that could go 12-4 or 14-2 year in and year out. Most of the fans seemed to want to give him a fair chance and at least the same amount of time Crennel received(four full years).

The problem wasn't really the fans, the current ownership has had a notoriously short leash for head coaches since they bought the team in 1999. The longest tenured head coach, and also the worse of the bunch, Romeo Crennel has had the longest leash of the bunch. Yesterday I watched the press conference announcing his termination and it told us NOTHING. Just that the organization had higher expectations this year.

Nevermind that he inherited a nearly coal black team that was given free reign by Crennel to act however they wanted, do whatever they wanted and assault whatever white players were on the team they wanted to. Nevermind that he had to tear apart the ENTIRE roster and start over from scratch. Nevermind that the difference between 5-11 this year and 12-5 this year against an impossibly hard schedule(coincidence?) came down to needing two or three more talented players. Nevermind the Patriots are 14-2 and one out of those two losses was Mangini beating the hell out of them. He didn't reach the Browns front offices impossibly high expectations, whatever those expectations were.
</div>

TheAnimal

Guru
snow said:
<div>Too bad Holmgreen doesn't seem interested in Jim Harbaugh, that would be a nice fit.
</div>

That would be the perfect fit, HOWEVER Harbaugh is also risky. He's the guy who gave Gerhart a chance at RB and coached him up into a first round talent. That means Hillis would remain the Browns feature back. He also seems to favor speedy white LB's, surehanded white WR's, white Olines and will likely want Owen Marciec drafted wherever he goes.

That would mean Cleveland getting even whiter if he came to coach which I suspect is the reason Holmgren has shown zero indication he's interested in him.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I get the impression that opponents treated McCoy/Hillis "differently" than say Jason Campbell/Michael Bush..

Tampa would be somewhat applicable as well (because no way is Blount "as good" as some of the numbers he put up; I would have forced Freeman to beat me with his "McNabb-type" lobs..), but Tampa did have a simplistic schedule, beating guys like McNabb, Troy Smiff, Bradford, Derek Anderson, Carolina twice, Seattle.. Pathetic league, huh?

Did teams' stack-the-box and try to force Jason Campbell to beat them? For the record, I don't consider San Diego's defense to be "as good" as the media says they are, or even what the stats say for that matter..

Something just seems fishy here.. Colt McCoy is not great at the moment and Cleveland is lacking firepower, but Campbell (who is around 30 now) isn't great either. I know.. I know.. Oakland and Tampa's schedule will likely be tougher next year, and they will face some teams that can ACTUALLY effectively blitz.... and maybe know how to tackle a running back. There's "no conspiracy".. I know.. I know..

TheAnimal

Guru
Deadlift said:
Something just seems fishy here..

There are alot of things fishy here. From the sumo right side of Clevelands Oline(no doubt would have been replaced had EM stayed) playing fine when Seneca Wallace was in only to fall aprt when McCoy took the starting job? Or how Hillis had to run behind Thomas/Steinbach against a stacked up D while the right side collapsed?
smiley2.gif

Shades of the Titans, in a way. They played like the '76 Bucs last year until VY stepped in them they pull off 5 straight and finish .500..... Or how the Eagles coal O.L. can't even block a turtle whenever Kolb is in yet can give Vick all day back there. Nah, no conspiracy in the NFL.

Deadlift said:
Did teams' stack-the-box and try to force Jason Campbell to beat them?

Not that i've seen. Well, before halfway into the 3rd quarter anyways, which is a trend i've kind of noticed here and there, these black quarterbacks don't face much pressure in the first half. They'll put up a statistically good game before these charcoal defenses turn it up and go all out to win.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
From Rotoworld

Browns signed QB Jarrett Brown, DL Scott Paxson and CB Ramzee Robinson to reserve/future contracts.
<div ="s_pNewsTextMain">
Brown is a project that made waves at last year's Senior Bowl. He was
waived by the Niners once they added Troy Smith. Robinson was Mr.
Irrelevant in 2007 and has already had stints with the Lions, Eagles,
Browns and Redskins.

It looks like the Browns have signed black quarterback Jarret Brown. The interesting thing here is Scott Paxson, a white defensive tackle. I'd never heard of him until now but maybe he can make the roster next season.
</div>

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Brown has no future as an NFL quarterback, but he is good at doing the run-around-like-crazy-and-occasionally-make-a-spectacular-play thing that most black quarterbacks do. Look at him a a frailer version of Josh Cribbs. Seneca Wallace is a polished passer by comparison. Ramzee Robinson? No comment necessary.
I like the Paxson acquisition. He was great at Penn State, but ran afoul of the law, or at least made some female angry, resulting in the D.A. filing bogus charges.A white guy has no margin for error, even made-up errors. I'd like to see what he can do, after being practice fodder his entire career. I do note that WeenieWorld does not comment on "the white guy", only the "real athletes" in the blurb above.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I don't know if this is good or bad news but the Browns have just hired Rams offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur to be their head coach.

Football News Headlines

< id="trackStnPageInfo" name="trackStnPageInfo" value="40901544_85655707_2" ="">

<table align="left" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="124" height="188">
<t><tr>
<td ="_85655707__Td">
</td>
</tr>
</t></table>
<h2 ="_85655707_line">Browns Hire Shurmur as Head Coach</h2>

Mike Holmgren has found his man
in Cleveland, hiring Rams Offensive Coordinator Pat Shurmur as the
Browns new Head Coach. Shurmur replaces Eric Mangini who was fired after
the end of a 5-and-11 season. Thisis the firsthead coaching job for
the45-year old Shurmur. He was the first candidate interviewed by the
Browns.</font>

whiteathlete33 said:
I don't know if this is good or bad news but the Browns have just hired Rams offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur to be their head coach.

Football News Headlines &lt; id="trackStnPageInfo" name="trackStnPageInfo" value="40901544_85655707_2" =""&gt;
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=124 align=left height=188><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD ="_85655707__Td"> </TD></TR></T></T></TABLE><a href="http://www.wgr550.com/Browns-Hire-Shurmur-as-Head-Coach/8977603" target="_blank">
<H2 ="_85655707_line">Browns Hire Shurmur as Head Coach</H2></A>

Mike Holmgren has found his man in Cleveland, hiring Rams Offensive Coordinator Pat Shurmur as the Browns new Head Coach. Shurmur replaces Eric Mangini who was fired after the end of a 5-and-11 season. Thisis the firsthead coaching job for the45-year old Shurmur. He was the first candidate interviewed by the Browns.

I just heard the news. Anybody got any info or a feel for this guy? I did see that he was a 4 year starter for Michigan State, though, it was as a linebacker and guard. I always hope that these relatively young coaches played a Caste position and faced the discrimination of the 80s-present, firsthand.

Riddlewire

Master
It's a crony hire.
Shurmur is Andy Reid's personal pet project. And Reid and Holmgren are best buds.
Holmgren intends to install the WCO and run the team from his office through Shurmur.
Bad hire for Peyton.

warhawk46

Guru
Several DWF on the Browns board over at espn are calling for Hillis to move to fullback next year. They talk about how with his style he can't hold up and that Hardesty is a better mixture of speed and power... Unf**king believable!!<div>
</div><div>If Hillis were black he would be called the starter and star for at least the next five years! I can't believe how stupid many Browns fans are.</div>

white is right

Hall of Famer
Hiring a first time coach for this team is a step backwards. The team under Mangini looked like it had the right formula to win with more pieces on offense. Just one big time receiver could relieve pressure on the run game. As for Hardesty he seems to be the Samuel Jackson character in Unbreakable....
smiley36.gif

TheAnimal

Guru
Riddlewire said:
It's a crony hire.

Shurmur is Andy Reid's personal pet project. And Reid and Holmgren are best buds.

Holmgren intends to install the WCO and run the team from his office through Shurmur.

Bad hire for Peyton.

Pretty much. I did some digging the last few days and he's an Andy Reid caste lackey. Eight years coaching black quarterback Donovan McNabb before accepting an offensive coordinator position with the St. Louis Rams. They intend to install the WCO and a 4-3 defense and Holmgren/Reid disciple Dick Jauron is expected to be named Defensive Coordinator.

The bad: Matt Roth, Scott Fujita, Jason Trusnic, Blake Costanzo, Ray Ventrone and Brian Schaefering all likely to be cut. The excuse being they cannot play the 4-3 Defense. Wait for it, it's coming. On the offensive side of the ball look for Eric Steinbach and Tony Pashos to be replaced fulltime by sumos. They have already announced big changes on the roster are forthcoming and they're going with a "youth movement."

The worst part: Despite breaking barriers and proving himself Peyton Hillis days as a premier runningback look to be over. With the WCO being implemented the run game will have a drop off and look for the GM and Holmgrens guy(Montario Hardesty, Hillis was Manginis doing) to get the bulk of the RB carries.

The good: Not a whole lot EXCEPT Browns current Defensive Coordinator is reportedly close to signing on as DC of the Cowboys. The Cowboys need another OLB opposite of Ware so there is a chance Matt Roth gets on in Dallas which would make three white LB's out of four in the starting lineup potentially. They also need S/T help and offensive line help so maybe Rob Ryan and Jason Garrett can persuade Jerry Jones to pick up the pieces from the great white purge of 2011.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
From observing Tony Pashos - (when he was with Jacksonville in particular) - he had to have been one of the worst White linemen in the NFL. His legs/hips were the epitomy of TIGHT.

He and Stephon Heyer could be twins...

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Here's a good one from Rotoworld:

<div ="re">

Browns CB Eric Wright says he received death threats because of his poor play last season.
</div>
<div ="impact">
"I went from people expecting me to be a top cornerback in
the league to receiving death threats," he said. "It was a lot to deal
with." The Browns placed a second-round restricted free agent tender on
Wright on Thursday, but it's hard to see him being back in Cleveland in
2011 after he was burned so many times last season.
</div>

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Death threats, lol. He has quite the imagination. And if he did get a death threat he should see some of the email this site receives.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Death threats, lol. He has quite the imagination. And if he did get a death threat he should see some of the email this site receives.

Exactly Don! I don't believe a word of it. The DWF's usually worship these affletes.
Edited by: whiteathlete33

backrow

Hall of Famer
i believe it, some DWFs are downright fanatics and quick to turn on anyone (granted, they sour on whites much faster!).

and Wright was THAT atrocious last season.

Woody

Guru
I honestly think that no player cost his team more than Wright cost the Browns. I watched nearly every game b/c of Hillis, and I was amazed at how bad he was. The fans hate him, as well they should. I actually would not besurprisedif hereceiveddeath threats.