2008 Training Camp Roster Moves

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Hey guys, I figured we might as well start a new thread for 2008 to monitor roster moves that pertain to white players.

Teddy Lehman LB - cut by Bucs and resigned by the Lions
Danny Woodhead NYJ - waived due to injury...tough break
smiley18.gif

White Power

Mentor
Danny Woodhead placed on injured reserve by the New york Jets gives him a year to get bigger stronger and faster while getting a nfl rookie salary not bad , but I wish he could of played this year. Now does this mean that the Jets like him enough to keep him around , or is Mangini trying to stash him for next season.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Stuart Schweigert was cut by the Redskins already. What happened, did he makea bad play during the exhibition game the other night? Hopefully this is good news for Reed Doughty but you never know with the NFL. . .

bigunreal

Mentor
The Schweigert cut was unbelievable. I had just read an article about him somewhere on the internet, with lots of praise from team sources about his versatility in playing both safety positions. I heard something about him being "beaten" on a long throw by the immortal Quinn Gray in the first (and his only) preseason game. Since whites are expected to be absolutely perfect at all times during their brief chances on the field, I guess this was probably the reason for him being cut. One long pass completed against you, just like one dropped pass (ask Matt Jones) is about all it takes to end a white player's NFL career.

FS Etienne Boulay was cut by the Jets.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Stuart Schweigert was cut by the Redskins already.  What happened, did he make a bad play during the exhibition game the other night?  Hopefully this is good news for Reed Doughty but you never know with the NFL. . .

The Browns could use Schweigert, please come our way. The Raiders might just want to be the NFL's first all black team. Good luck on the black punter and kicker thing! I hate that team, always have.

G

Stuart Schweigert was cut already. Holy moly. Easy to believe in the Negro Football League, unfortunately.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Horrible news, but maybe, just maybe they will get a fair shot somewhere else. I won't be holding my breath though.
smiley5.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Schweigert was signed by the Giants, Archuleta by the Raiders, who may move him to outside linebacker.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Seahawks signed Dallas Sartz, former Washington LB who never got a chance to play for them

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
White free agents have to wise up and know which few teams may give them an eventual opportunity. The Saints track recordcouldn't be anyclearer -- no white WRs under Sean Payton.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'm still waiting to see today's cuts. Only ahandful of nameshave been released so far. Craig Dahl and Kyle Eckel were both waived. Eckel was doomed when the Pats signed Lamont Jordan.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
There weren't that many players waived yesterday as many teams were already at or close to the 75 man roster limit. The NFL's annual Ethnic Cleansing Day will be Saturday, when each team has to cut from 75 players to their final 53 going into the season. Best of luck to everyone we're rooting for, lots of them will need it.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Well so far there was only one pathetic cut where the player did not find a new home. Todd Blythe is good enough were he should make basically any teams roster and he gets cut by a team that definitely could use some depth at the position. It's quite depressing. At least the other cut I was very upset about Schweigert found a new home, with my favorite, but unfortunately blackening Giants. I hope former Giant Craig Dahl finds a new home as does Blythe!

BTW: That was a great point Don. If the Saints didn't even give the Biletnikoff award winner a shot two years ago who they drafted and even had become friends with Reggie Bush, Blythe should have been near 100% sure he wouldn't make it. Heck, he'd probably have to play as impressively as Randy Moss right away to win Payton over. What a pathetic loser Sean Payton is, I'm glad he left the Giants.

dwid

Hall of Famer
since im a saints fan, i hope that somehow blythe sticks on practice squad this year for us, and then we use him next year when david patten is gone ( i know that is wishful thinking on my part), i dont see why payton wouldnt like this guy except for the fact hes white, hes got everything payton wants in a receiver, tall, and hands of glue, look at colston, colston isnt "super" fast at all, he runs about the same speed as blythe i believe, but he still can be a deep threat, u dont need 4.3 speed to be a wide receiver, 4.6 is plenty, if hes gonna try to find another black guy that tall with hands of glue and no character issues (which something payton claims, that he gets no players with character concerns) hes going to be looking for a long time. every year he gives me hope that hes gonna give one of these white guys a chance at receiver and he lets me down, i wish i had his emailEdited by: dwid

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Playerslet go in the first round of cuts don't get put on practice squads. Anyway, Blythe has no future with the Saints. Ask Hass, Lyman, Hosack, Horn & Co., all summarily dispatched by Payton in order to keep the likes of Terrence Copper, Lance Moore, Devery Henderson and other marginal types.

backrow

Hall of Famer
LB Ben Moffit released by Texans
TE Jon Stupar released by Patriots

Bears informed DE Daniel Bazuin of his release.
Bazuin resembled a young Patrick Kerney coming out of Central Michigan last April, but the Bears are giving up on him due to knee injuries. We would bet that he gets claimed on waivers. It's definitely not talent Bazuin lacks.

jared

Mentor
Wow, cannot believe they cut Dan Bazuin. Didn't they use about a 3rd rounder on him? He hasn't even seen the field yet has he?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
LB Ben Moffat and C Greg Eslinger cut by the Texans; David Anderson made the team.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Schweigert went from starting and being one of the better safeties in the league to not even being able to make a team. Yes we whites are really privledged.

bigunreal

Mentor
Wow- Don is certainly on target when he describes whites as being "purged" from teams during the final cuts. The list of players who missed the final cut reads like a Whos-Who from Caste Football forums; David Ball, Mike Hass, Adam Archuleta, Stuart Schweigert, Brett Swain, Johnny Quinn, Dallas Sartz, Danny Amendola, Joey Harrington, Dan Cody, Sam Giguere, John Standeford and so many others.

Among the very few survivors; David Anderson, Jereme Urban and Lance Long (who, believe it or not, will battle each other to be the #3 WR on the Cardinals) and Logan Payne (I think- didn't see his name on the cuts anywhere). If not for injury, Kevin Kasper might have finally stuck with the Browns. The Cardinals and Texans deserve some surprising kudos- two white WRs on each team who will see playing time.

I wonder if guys like Hass, Ball and Standeford will even bother to report to a team's camp next year. How much are these guys paid for their brief stint in camp and through preseason? Talk about little reward; these hapless whites go through the workouts, deal with curfews, etc., then are cut before the regular games, less grueling practices and big time paychecks. They are the very definition of training camp fodder. As for making someone's practice squad- how many practice squad players ever go on to have much of an NFL career?

backrow

Hall of Famer
Panthers cut Nick Hayden DT and second year LB Tim Shaw...
Raiders cut CB Nick Sanchez and FB Luke Lawton

Bengals cut both Kilmer and Busing

johnnyboy

Guru
backrow said:
Panthers cut Nick Hayden DT and second year LB Tim Shaw...
Raiders cut CB Nick Sanchez and FB Luke Lawton

Bengals cut both Kilmer and Busing

any NFL GM that doesn't think Tim Shaw belongs in the NFL is a freaking moron. god, i hate the NFL. i love football but i hate the NFL.