2007 NFL Week 4

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Hopefully Heath will have some more chances to score tonight. I really had no clue they brought Vrabel in on the goal line situations. Then again, I don't watch much NFL.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Hopefully Heath will have some more chances to score tonight. I really had no clue they brought Vrabel in on the goal line situations. Then again, I don't watch much NFL.

oh yeah they do it a lot. i've seen it in a few games in 2005 and 2006. it was his 7th regular season TD catch but he had some in playoffs, too. i think he had one in the Superbowl.

btw, i just answered my own question:
"Patriots TE David Thomas left Monday night's game with a leg injury.

The back-up tight end's return is questionable."

Edited by: backrow

G

Anyone notice how they said the Patriots need a more "athletic" back in goaline so he can leap over the pile? I guess they think Evans should only play special teams
smiley11.gif

lumsdenpower

Mentor
Welker had a really nice play, a reverse run, gaining 27 yards, showing speed and balance, but they just said his ''versality''..If that was Chad Johnson who was doing it they would have said the athletism, they was so calm about this play wow lol

backrow

Hall of Famer
i thought he got it on this leap, and on the first run, but i may be a little biased
smiley2.gif

definitely seems like he lost a lot of carries to Morris, season wise. unfortunately Morris is playing a good football rigt now, but still.

i wonder whether we'll see Eckel and Evans together in the backfield if the game is a blow out.

G

backrow said:
hey, at least Fragas is half white
smiley36.gif

Actually by my calculations hey may be more than half white (His dad is 1/2 PRican - so around 1/4 white?) - which may mean we had a white 100 yard runner this week
smiley4.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
WhiteRB said:
backrow said:
hey, at least Fragas is half white
smiley36.gif

Actually by my calculations hey may be more than half white (His dad is 1/2 PRican - so around 1/4 white?) - which may mean we had a white 100 yard runner this week
smiley4.gif

haha, no man, that can't count. but good for him, yeah.

smiley17.gif

looks like Heath Evans is now a fullback/goal line back as Eckel might get 3rd rb spot. we'll see how that plays out.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
whiteafflete15 said:
the pats are white friendly to ball carriers

The Pats are pretty white friendly on offense period -- great quarterback, great all-white o-line that givesthe QBlots of time to throw, Wes Welker, and two white running backs getting carries, one in a goal-line situation. The Patriots' offensebasically just toyed with the predominantly black Bengals defense tonight.

The Patriots arereminiscent of the second best NFL offense -- the Colts', which by pure coincidence is the whitest in the league after New England's.

backrow

Hall of Famer
since we are on Patriots subject, there was 9 white players on th field at the end of the game: white o-line, backfield plus BRady and i am pretty sure that Welker was in with Stallworth/Graham!

Kaptain

Master
Kyle Ekle (sp?) had a couple of carries at the end of the game and to me he looked really good. I always thought he was a good runner given the chance. He is better than Heath Evans, but as is the case so often the most talented white players often are not given the chance whereas mediocre talent/ role players are.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
I dont think he is a better runner than Evans seriously, Evans seem to be as much powerfull than Eckel and is way more fast

G

I agree with the Kaptain on this one. I hope Eckel gets more carries. He is a proven runner in college. I think he is quicker than Evans also. Even though both are capable of being a featured back, I believe Eckel is viewed as more of a RB and not FB. Eckel is more of a threat to the "system" and will likely be hidden away.

backrow

Hall of Famer
mr.wonderfull said:
I agree with the Kaptain on this one. I hope Eckel gets more carries. He is a proven runner in college. I think he is quicker than Evans also. Even though both are capable of being a featured back, I believe Eckel is viewed as more of a RB and not FB. Eckel is more of a threat to the "system" and will likely be hidden away.

with Maroney coming back and Morris actually running pretty well (of course he wasgiven every opportunity to succeed, i wonder what Eckel would have done with all this playing time!) Kyle might not even be active for next game
smiley18.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
lumsdenpower said:
I dont think he is a better runner than Evans seriously, Evans seem to be as much powerfull than Eckel and is way more fast

I know this is a late post in this thread, but I wanted to say I agree with LumsdenPower on this. I disagreed with his analysis that Leonard is better than Lumsden. BTW Leonard is playing so good right now I might be wrong on that.

But on Evans, he is very fast for a big man. He runs a 4.56 and showed great power running the ball in college. Evans is a good cutback power runner who can turn on the jets when breaking through the defensive line. He then can use angles to to make the most out of his runs getting past the LBs.

Eckel may be slightly more agile than Evans, but isn't as fast or powerful and would not be as much of a threat to get past the LBs and secondary for a 40+ yard run. Hopefully Eckle will prove me wrong! I am going to look up his measurables tommorow, Eckle doesn't look very fast to me, but now I got to get some rest!

Edited to add: it is a very close call though and Evans is a better blocker when they are both in the backfield, so Eckel may be better off toting the rock.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins