2007 NFL Week 3

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Archuleta had a few bad plays but also had 7 solo tackles, 1 PD and 1 interception last night.Those are exceptional numbers for a defensive back, especiallyone who is continually reviled by the fans and media.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
backrow said:
lumsden, no offense, but have you even seen Condren or Dahl play? Adam is still league's premier safety, he excels in the box but he did have a bad day yesterday. he is not a coverage guy, he's a hitter. one bad game doesn't make him a scrub in my book, although he needs to pick up his play level.
No i've just read about them, listen, before his back problem Archuleta was able to punish people, now he cant do that, he try to wrap people and, that seem that he is not good at that..he seem to have lost speed 'cause I remember him run an 85 yads for a TD against the Titans and a big fumble recovery for a TD against the Buccs and he was really fast, yesterday, even if he wasnt able to run at his 100 percent because some people was in front of him for block for him, he didnt impress me, maybe that not correct by me to name the majority of safety. I dont agree that he is a premier safety..

backrow

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Archuleta had a few bad plays but also had 7 solo tackles, 1 PD and 1 interception last night.  Those are exceptional numbers for a defensive back, especially one who is continually reviled by the fans and media. 

well, the rest of the defense is either black or Urlacher, which means criticism free
smiley2.gif

funny how noone talks about Manning Jr "whiffing" 2 tackles and Briggs missing Owens altogether.

backrow

Hall of Famer
watch his return again and tell me he wasn't fast... it's on NFL.com highlights. McQuistan had a great angle and took him out, if it wasn't for him Adam would be gone...

lumsdenpower

Mentor
where did I say he wasnt fast man?
He is not fast like in his best day
Even if McQuistan wasnt there, that was another big white fast oline who had another good pursuit to take him outééEdited by: lumsdenpower

Bart

Hall of Famer
It's kind of funny actually. After watching much of the Lions vs. Eagles and other games, it was painfully obvious how many inept black defensive backs get eaten alive and can't tackle at all, but are almost -NEVER- scrutinized by the media and fans.

backrow

Hall of Famer
lumsdenpower said:
where did I say he wasnt fast man?
He is not fast like in his best day
Even if McQuistan wasnt there, that was another big white fast oline who had another good pursuit to take him outéé

you said he looked slow on his return, which i respectfully disagree with. he had to juke one guy out and waited for the block, but he would be off to the races if it wasn't for big Pat!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
It is so cool to see 2 whites on the ESPN leader board!

Kaptain

Master
Let me chime in on the Archuleta bashing by the media. Yes he missed two big tackles. He did have Jason Witten out muscle him for a TD. Witten seems to out-muscles a DB every single game for TD. Archuleta has more tackles thus far this year than Urlacher - he can tackle.

It's typical of drunk white fans and the media to blame "whitey" the first chance they get. A Black player who got an interception and a big return of a blocked kick would have been forgiven and even praised at the end of the game even if he did miss a couple of tackles. White players have to play perfect in order to avoid criticism.

backrow

Hall of Famer
i stated my opinion on the matter before in this thread and i agree with Kap Poop. (who i wish would change his avatar to something less similar to mine
smiley2.gif
)

i can see Saints using Karney tonight, so far neither McAllister nor Bush are having any success. i also hope for a big game for Eric Johnson and all the white players on both defenses.

Bear Backer

Mentor
Kaptain Poop said:
Let me chime in on the Archuleta bashing by the media. Yes he missed two big tackles. He did have Jason Witten out muscle him for a TD. Witten seems to out-muscles a DB every single game for TD. Archuleta has more tackles thus far this year than Urlacher - he can tackle.

It's typical of drunk white fans and the media to blame "whitey" the first chance they get. A Black player who got an interception and a big return of a blocked kick would have been forgiven and even praised at the end of the game even if he did miss a couple of tackles. White players have to play perfect in order to avoid criticism.

I will even add to that further. The Bears Charles "Peanut" Tillman has made a career out of ONE play where he happened to strip out a ball out of the hands of Randy Moss. Other than that he has been a very average to slightly below average CB at times during his career. He has been burned numerous times, out of postion, missed tackles and in general had a running joke from the drunk white Bears fans about getting roasted. Haha Peanut got roasted, they think they are so clever sometimes. But really criticize Tillman and suggest that the Bears might need to sure up his position in the future and you run the risk of being called a hater and everything else. Criticize that "slow white guy" Archuleta and most Bears fans just laugh or agree. Heck he was criticized before he ever took the field for the Bears so I wouldn't expect it to change.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
when you are around the ball as much as Archuleta, even the best tackler is bound to miss a tackle sooner or later. jeez!

and there's no shame in getting beat by Jason Witten. that dude has been taking negroes out behind the wood shed for ass whippings his entire career. it is just a shame it was a white db who got whipped that game.

as Don pointed out, despite AA's "horrible performance" he still put upa pretty damn impressive tackle total, snagged an interception, and had a blocked kick return. all in all, i think it wasn't a bad game for a "bum."
smiley2.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The MNF caste announcers won't identify the true reasons for the Saints' struggles so far -- a crappy, sumo-dominated o-line, and (here we go again) terrible receivers after Colston (and TE Eric Johnson).

Reggie Bush is averaging 3.6 yards per touch this season -- and that's counting receptions! The guy has been pretty much a bust so far but the Reggie worship continues unabated.

backrow

Hall of Famer
they are already going back on all of their praise (mostly undeserved, on pro level) of Reggie Bush. i guess it means even more "love" for Young...
smiley11.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
Fujita has got some speeeeeed! i really like the way he plays. what a great leader for Saints defense.

PS on an unrelated note, i can REALLY go the rest of my life without hearing "Vince Young"... and now they are comparing him with Montana and Elway?¿? WTF!
smiley11.gif
Edited by: backrow

yanling

Guru
This reminds me of Crystal Pepsi, which came out when I was a kid.

It was all over TV and people kept on saying how great it was, and how it was the new best thing in the world.

Vince Young is going out like Crystal Pepsi except maybe it will take longer for the NFL to admit this product sucks.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Too bad Mike Hass, Aaron Hosack and Chase Lyman weren't on the field for the Saints tonight. I don't care about the "Snow Patrol," the way Sean Payton has screwed over white receivers makes me glad to see their season go down the tubes.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Too bad Mike Hass, Aaron Hosack and Chase Lyman weren't on the field for the Saints tonight.  I don't care about the "Snow Patrol," the way Sean Payton has screwed over white receivers makes me glad to see their season go down the tubes.

Hass could be a third receiver on any team in the league. I wouldn't see him as a starter until he can "prove" himself to the NFL. There is no excuse. Chrebet was considered too slow and look at how his career turned out. Chrebet is from my hometown of Garfield, NJ.

whiteathlete33 said:
Chrebet was considered too slow and look at how his career turned out. Chrebet is from my hometown of Garfield, NJ.

Yeah, he had a pretty lengthy career in the NFL. Not bad for a 5'10" local White guy out of Hofstra. Although, I thought he was from Hasbrouck Heights, but I could be wrong. I've been in Garfiled many times, its a decent town...but mostly for the annual St. Anne's Festival every July and also to hit up the local bars.
smiley36.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Ground Fighter said:
whiteathlete33 said:
Chrebet was considered too slow and look at how his career turned out. Chrebet is from my hometown of Garfield, NJ.

Yeah, he had a pretty lengthy career in the NFL. Not bad for a 5'10" local White guy out of Hofstra. Although, I thought he was from Hasbrouck Heights, but I could be wrong. I've been in Garfiled many times, its a decent town...but mostly for the annual St. Anne's Festival every July and also to hit up the local bars.
smiley36.gif

No, Groundfighter he is definetely from Garfield. Check his profile. I grew up in Garfield and moved to Wallington in 1990. I was just a kid then. Chrebet graduated from Garfield High School in the late 80's. He may have lived in Hasbrouck Heights, not sure.

forty-four

Guru
Unbelievalble, yet so typical! I hope Kevin will continue to ge the ball and his recognition will ultimately be undenaible.