2007 NFL Week 3

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Curtis should have been doing this for around 5 years now. Look at how long it took for him to get to start in the nfl. Imagine how many huge games he could have had over the last several years and he still is only a number 2 receiver.
smiley36.gif
At least he is finally getting his time to shine. He sure deserves it. We are looking at a true superstar!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Hey is Reggie Brown or whatever his name is injured? The "#1" wide receiver for the Iggles?

backrow

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
Hey is Reggie Brown or whatever his name is injured? The "#1" wide receiver for the Iggles?

no, he's there. maybe he's not getting open
smiley36.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
where is Furrey? i mean, he only has one catch! what the crap?

guest301

Hall of Famer
white lightning said:
Curtis should have been doing this for around 5 years now. Look at how long it took for him to get to start in the nfl. Imagine how many huge games he could have had over the last several years and he still is only a number 2 receiver.
smiley36.gif
At least he is finally getting his time to shine. He sure deserves it. We are looking at a true superstar!

Hey White Lightning..I heard recently that some of the players on the Eagles have been referring to Kevin Curtis as "White Lightning". Nice to see your namesake doing so well. With the games best known Black qb throwing to him, it will be kinda hard to ignore his success. Just stay healthy. Black db's don't like getting toasted by a white guy on a weekly basis. A cheap shot is coming.

backrow

Hall of Famer
man, Bulger is having a shocker. he just threw right into the cornerback covering Drew Bennett in the end zone. Drew had 6 inches on the guy and Bulger put no air under the ball
smiley18.gif

Bear Backer

Mentor
Mike Furrey has to feel like a fool so far this year looking across the field at Kevin Curtis's performance today. There were times last year when the Lions would look to Furrey to have big games, but he effectively lobbied for his own replacement. Now he has even old Rams washout Shuan McDonald who caught 4 touchdowns in 4 years getting more looks than him to boot. Too passively meek and mild and accomodating for an black NFL where "Team" has been replaced with "me" from of the vernacular.

As far as Marc Bulger. He looks like something is wrong with him this year. He just doesn't look right. I don't think I have ever seen Bulger force so many bad passes and make bad throws as he has this season. Bulger just hasn't done that. He forced a pass last week that was caught by I believe Holt in the endzone, that was a very lucky to have been a completion and not a pick. Bennett was wide open and calling for the ball. Edited by: Bear Backer

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Sean Considine intercepts a pass in the end zone to wrap up the first half. very nice.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
as of right now for the Colts, the top three receiving yardage totals are for white men. Clark, Gonzalez, and Utecht.

the Texans top guy is Owen Daniels, and Walters is a close number 3.
smiley32.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
Sean Considine intercepts a pass in the end zone to wrap up the first half. very nice.

my FF team guys are tearing it up! Welker and Heap are slow today though, let's hope for the second half surge
smiley2.gif

Poacher

Mentor
Under "Headlines" over at NFL.com the first one says:

"Mcnabb, Westbrook having big days."

How insulting is that?Edited by: Poacher

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:

Kitna hasn't had any time to throw the ball, or so it seems. He's thrown a few passes, but they seem to be going for the big play all every time they throw the ball.

Brian Westbrook got a lot of love during the halftime show. Not a word was said about Kevin Curtis, which in a way is kind of surprising because I thought they'd be talking about McNabb.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i would say "unbelievable,"but in today's NFL it is ALL too believable.
smiley7.gif
Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

backrow

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
Jimmy Chitwood said:

Kitna hasn't had any time to throw the ball, or so it seems. He's thrown a few passes, but they seem to be going for the big play all every time they throw the ball.

Brian Westbrook got a lot of love during the halftime show. Not a word was said about Kevin Curtis, which in a way is kind of surprising because I thought they'd be talking about McNabb.

i've noticed that after McNabb's rant, all the praise seems to be going to Westbrook. hell, even when Curtis caught his second TD, it was apparently somehow thanks to Westbrook being a "magnet"
smiley36.gif
Edited by: backrow

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
damn... Kevin Walter just had a nice play called back because of a penalty.
smiley5.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
One of the announcers just said Curtis looks like an unstoppable force!
smiley32.gif

I should have DVR'd this game, not just for Curtis' potential record setting game but to hear an announcer actually say something nice about him!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Bennett just got mugged in the endzone, but no flag.
smiley5.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
a very cool play by Welker! a hook and lateral between him and Moss down to the 4-yard line.

referendum

Mentor
Yahoo sports NFL section right now is leading with a photo of Curtis, so at least a little love on the net.

backrow

Hall of Famer
my guy Barrett Ruud just picked Bulger off! he is having a great season!!!

Poacher

Mentor
ESPN.com now acknowledging Curtis.

Kitna getting pummeled. He must have gotten sacked 7-8 times today and still threw for 445.

backrow

Hall of Famer
don't expect to see Matt Jones on the field...

Jaguars | M. Jones to serve as No. 3 QB Week 3
Sun, 23 Sep 2007 12:03:48 -0700

Vic Ketchman, of Jaguars.com, reports Jacksonville Jaguars WR Matt Jones has been named the team's No. 3 quarterback for Week 3. He can only play in the team's Week 3 game as a quarterback. If he enters before the fourth quarter of the game, the Jaguars' No. 1 and No. 2 quarterback are not able to play again at any position.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The drunk white fans in Oakland were booing Josh McCown right from the opening kickoff. They got their wish -- "C-Pep" is now in the game.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
The drunk white fans in Oakland were booing Josh McCown right from the opening kickoff.  They got their wish -- "C-Pep" is now in the game.
nono, it's still McCown, he just uses black sleeves so fans and media go easier on him
smiley2.gif