2007 NFL Week 2

bigunreal

Mentor
Another "magical" victory for St. Joe Gibbs. This guy is the luckiest coach in the history of any sport (unless, of course, all these games are fixed, in which case luck doesn't play any part). This imbecile is still doing the ridiculous things he did during his first tenure as Redskins' coach, but just as back then he was bailed out time and time again by favorable officiating, dropped balls by the opponents (which was so regular a routine that I dubbed it the "St. Joe Drop-A-Meter) and missed field goals by opposing kickers, tonight's game reveals that he hasn't lost the ability to win games he has no business winning.

I didn't watch much of the game (simply cannot stand the Saint, especially when he starts praying on the sidelines), but what little I did watch was vintage St. Joe. The Redskins drove down to the Eagles' 1 yard line at the end of the half, and after his typically horrible clock management, and two straight offensive penalties pushed the ball back to the 16 yard line, St. Joe made one of his usual asinine decisions, when he lined up to kick a field goal on second down, with 14 seconds left to go. The Eagles, led by rocket scientist Andy Reid, then inexplicably called a timeout, causing St. Joe to rethink his stupid decision and try for a TD. Shockingly enough, the Eagles' ridiculous timeout led to the Redskins' score when Cooley caught a TD pass on the next play. As an old Redskins' fan, I can't tell you how many times I saw this during St. Joe's decade as coach the first time, when he compiled an incredible won-loss record. I always maintained that, with even average luck, he would have been lucky to win a quarter of those games. That's why I started calling him a saint, because the man's coaching abilities are so incredible that he somehow possesses the power to make opposing players drop balls right in their hands (even with all the hands of stone in the league, Redskins' opponents drop A LOT of passes/interceptions), to make opposing kickers miss makeable field goals (especially when he kneels down and prays on the sidelines) and year after year, get preferential treatment from the refs. Okay, enough about Gibbs. Obviously, I don't like him.

As for Barkley, get ready for even more "Sir Charles." White America absolutely loves this idiot, which is ironic since "Sir Charles" only likes white females. This guy is a moronic clown, and in a country run by rational leaders, he'd either be in prison or he'd be performing menial labor. In Don King's America, he is quite likely a future Governor. Because he sometimes mouths off about things that excite them, Republicans have been trying to recruit this guy as a political candidate for several years. Yep, that's right- a white male-hating, low IQ ex-basketball player being considered a future star of the Republican party by the white males who run it. As White Shogun says, you can't make this stuff up.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Kornheiser is the worst one of these Caste Gimp announcers. I only really partially watched the game and it seemed that every word out of his mouth was praising McNabb and putting down the Eagles inferior receivers.
His worst line was "McNabb doesn't want to run, but his receivers can't get open and the pocket collapses, so what is he supposed to do?"

At least Jaworski admitted McNabb was struglling with accuracy. Gumble mentioned: "Curtis was picked up this off season for the exact reason of helping to boost the Eagles receiving talent." Kornheiser goes "yeah, but he doesn't scare anybody." How does this moron know that when this is Curtis's second game as a starter and McNabb is struggling with accuracy.

Kornheiser is so anti-white that I am surprised that even the Drunken Fans can't see it. Then they show a replay of how the Eagles WR's are never open and end up contradicting themselves saying "while it looked like Curtis broke free for a second there, but it may have been too late."Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
TorontoArgos said:
Why are these announcers making McNabb out to be a demi-god? His whole career he has been little more than an average NFL QB.

I've always thought of McNabb as much better than average, probably top 10 in the league the last few years, injuries aside. But I thought I'd check out the stats just the same, just to see how Donny compares to a few other quarterbacks in the league. I just compared quarterback rating, as that is supposed to be the most comprehensive measure available. Let's start with McNabb:

In 105 games, McNabb has a quarterback rating of 84.9. Other quarterbacks with more than 100 games played with ratings between 83.0 and 86.0: Brunell, Favre, Garcia, Hasselbeck, Brad Johnson, and McNair.

Although almost all of these guys are considering good quarterbacks, none of them except Favre have ever been considered 'great' quarterbacks. Some, like Brad Johnson, are thought of as downright pedestrian. But let's take a look at a few who are considered 'greats:'

Tom Brady has only played in 98 games thus far but he has a quarterback rating of 89.9. Carson Palmer has half as many games played, with 47 games to his credit. He has a quarterback rating of 92.4 (that's not a typo.) But what about Peyton Manning? I know, I know, get to the point, right? How does Manning compare to the rest of the crowd? Manning has played in 146 games and has a quarterback rating of 94.5. That is not a typo.

I checked out some of the guys who are considered poor quarterbacks in the league, like Carr, Harrington, and Kitna. They all had ratings in the 70's. Guess who else had a quarterback rating in the 70's? You guessed it, Mr. Electric himself, Mike Vick.

Not sure what to make of this quick comparison of quarterback ratings, except to say that McNabb isn't as good as I thought and Manning is much better than I thought, if that's possible.
smiley36.gif

Interesting research WS. However, the reason I will give Vick a "mediocre" starter label is b/c he does bring another dimension with his legs. He actually ran through the Packers defense for his "one" playoff victory a few years back, as the Pack's defense wasn't very good that year. Their defense looks good this year though w/ Kampman, Barnett and A.J Hawk. I think Vick was shut down against a fast defense as he usually is in the next game (the Bears?). And of course I would still prefer at least 10-15 QB's in the league to Vick on any given year.

Another interesting thing is that McNabb has posted a lot of good passer ratings in the last 3 or 4 years. This includes a 107 passer rating a few years back, but he has been getting injured in many of "his best" recent years. Favre on the other hand, in his prime, had QB ratings in the low 90's, but has gone downhill recently, but "never gets injured."

McNabb is really the only quality black QB in the league right now. (McNair is over the hill)However, McNabb looks pretty bad so far this year coming back from injury. Favre on the other hand has looked great in his first two games.

I personally think that Vince Young will become a better duel threat QB than Vick b/c he seems to know better when to run and when to pass. If Vince Young could get his QB rating up into the high 80's he will be "very dangerous." He also seems to be clutch at the end of games.

Of course Vince will never reach the level of Payton Manning or Tom Brady. And the best QBs that could scramble of all time are still white "Steve Young" and "John Elway." As usual the best QB's are white.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

hedgehog

Mentor
ToughJ.Riggins said:
Kornheiser is the worst one of these Caste Gimp announcers. I only really partially watched the game and it seemed that every word out of his mouth was praising McNabb and putting down the Eagles inferior receivers.
His worst line was "McNabb doesn't want to run, but his receivers can't get open and the pocket collapses, so what is he supposed to do?"

At least Jaworski admitted McNabb was struglling with accuracy. Gumble mentioned: "Curtis was picked up this off season for the exact reason of helping to boost the Eagles receiving talent." Kornheiser goes "yeah, but he doesn't scare anybody." How does this moron know that when this is Curtis's second game as a starter and McNabb is struggling with accuracy.

Kornheiser is so anti-white that I am surprised that even the Drunken Fans can't see it. Then they show a replay of how the Eagles WR's are never open and end up contradicting themselves saying "while it looked like Curtis broke free for a second there, but it may have been too late."

Before this game started Kornhole was questioning why Charlie Weiss still has a job, when Ty Willingham was fired when he lost 3 in a row. The viewer was supposed to draw one conclusion from this.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
To ToughJ:
Why do you think Young will be better than Vick? He isn't smarter than Vick (and that's saying something!), he isn't as fast as Vick, although he may be bigger. He is just as inaccurate, it not more so than Vick (and that's saying something, too!). I know why the media likes him, but why do you?

At this point in the season, Jason Campbell is probably a better quarterback than McNabb.

Vick helped the Falcons win a whole 7 games last year, while he was making highlight reels on his way to 1,000 yards rushing. Vick's rating has gone down every year he has been in the league, according to Colin Cowturd.

Thanks for throwing out there that none of those guys will ever be as good as Manning.
smiley36.gif

smiley20.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
To ToughJ:
Why do you think Young will be better than Vick? He isn't smarter than Vick (and that's saying something!), he isn't as fast as Vick, although he may be bigger. He is just as inaccurate, it not more so than Vick (and that's saying something, too!). I know why the media likes him, but why do you?

At this point in the season, Jason Campbell is probably a better quarterback than McNabb.

Vick helped the Falcons win a whole 7 games last year, while he was making highlight reels on his way to 1,000 yards rushing. Vick's rating has gone down every year he has been in the league, according to Colin Cowturd.

Thanks for throwing out there that none of those guys will ever be as good as Manning.
smiley36.gif

smiley20.gif

Basically it is just a feeling I get about Vince Young. He seems to have a better sense than Vick of when to continue looking down field instead of just scrambling.
Vince Young may have only completed 49% of his passes last year, but he had three games at the end of the year where he completed over 60% showing improvement.

He also seems to be very clutch. He showed his clutch play in leading Texas over Leinart's USC squad in the Bowl game. He also has 3 come from behind winning drives already in his career in the NFL. I think he is going to be a low 80's QB rating guy, but b/c of his running ability and clutch play he will be a good not great QB in the league. He sucked in the first game of this season, but looked pretty good against the Colts almost leading a game winning drive.

If I were an NFL GM, only Vince Young, Donovan McNabb, Jason Campbell and maybe Leftwich "on a bad team" would be starting..Gerard, Jackson and Steve "over the hill" McNair shouldn't be starting and Josh McCown shouldn't be looking over his shoulder for Jamarcus just yet and certainly not "Fumblepepper"
smiley36.gif
Just my opinion. Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:
He [Vince Young] sucked in the first game of this season, but looked pretty good against the Colts almost leading a game winning drive.

In two games this season, Vince Young is the 29th rated passer in the league, behind such quarterback stalwarts as Tarvaris Jackson and Joey Harrington (22nd), who you may recall was just REPLACED by a guy who was cut from another team?

smiley5.gif
Edited by: White Shogun