2007 NFL Week 2

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Wow. I am watching the Jets- Ravens game and the announcer just said that Heap is a unique talent. He then said Heap can outrun most safties and even the corner David Barrett couldn't keep up with him. Good praise for Heap.

Heap is a god, by the standards white are normally measured by. I don't think I've heard any real criticism of him, even his drop last week just got Boller and Billick's playcalling flak, but Heap was spared. Even black sportswriters seem to like Heap.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Heap is athletic and everyone knows that. Announcers don't say stupid things that they do about other white players about Heap.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Manninng completed a total of 15 passes to his white receivers, Clark, Utecht, and Gonzalez. The black crewcaught only 13 passes. That doesn't happen very often. I'll be surprised if the NFL doesn't suspend and fine Manning heavily.

Poacher

Mentor
Kitna showed some guts today coming back from the pummeling the Viking's defense gave him to lead the team to victory however ugly it may have been.

What is it with the Titans? They always play the Colts tough.

Carson Palmer...'nuff said.

Edited by: Poacher

backrow

Hall of Famer
referendum said:
Backrow, one more tight end for you, Dan Coats of Cincinnati, one catch for four yards.

BYU Daniel Coats? he's not exactly white
smiley2.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
WOW! what a great juke move by Wes Welker he definitely showed some hips there! defensive back didn't know what hit him. great nimbleness! so far Wes has 4 receptions for 66 yards with 7 minutes gone in first quarter!

backrow

Hall of Famer
lumsdenpower said:
that a career high for Welker for 91 yards!

well, not really, he's had 9 catches once in 2006 and had 97 receiving yards vs Bucs back in 2005. i remember that he burned Bucs on two long receptions. still, a great game
smiley32.gif
, too bad that this time there was no TDs.

stats updated, only MNF left to go

Tom Iron

Mentor
Gentlemen,

You Ravens fans got lucky today. It just took that kid Clemens and the Jets a bit too long to figure out the Ravens. That and another black receiver dropping a crucial TD pass.

Tom Iron...

Black wideouts dropped several crucial passes in the Jets' game.

referendum

Mentor
Backrow, whoops, I thought I saw a photo of Coats in an article, but must have been looking at the wrong player, that plus a BYU pedigree had me fooled.

moose

Guru
what happened to steve neal of the patriots,I did not see him in the game

backrow

Hall of Famer
after week 2 Barrett Ruud leads NFL in tackles, Mike Vrabel leads NFL in sacks and Jim Leonhard is tied with several other players for a lead in interceptions
smiley32.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Marc Bulger was sacked or hit hard on 20 of his 41 pass attempts. He had sore ribs going into the game and now reportedly has a sore knee too. The Rams are another team with a poor offensive line (3 blacks 2 whites). Don't be surprised if Bulger suffers a serious injury of some kind during the season. He's a bit more injury prone than most quarterbacks. Of course if he was black this would qualify him as "incredibly tough" and a "great leader."

backrow

Hall of Famer
damn, Cooley just dropped a nice long pass... go Chris!

edit: make it two, although the second one was pretty much impossible to catch.

Cooley got some props from the announcers, they were sayong that he's a very versatile guy who can beat linebackers and safeties in the coverage and is good enough to block DEs. they called him a focal point of Redskins offense.Edited by: backrow

backrow said:
TorontoArgos said:
backrow said:
McNabb just introduced Kevin Curtis as white lightning
smiley36.gif
I don't know if that's a good thing.

it might not be, i still found it funny.
Why are these announcers making McNabb out to be a demi-god? His whole career he has been little more than an average NFL QB.Edited by: TorontoArgos

backrow

Hall of Famer
damn, Sean Considine got injured, let's hope it's nothing serious. injuries on D will kill me in my FF league, last night Wilhelm and now Considine...

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
TorontoArgos said:
Why are these announcers making McNabb out to be a demi-god? His whole career he has been little more than an average NFL QB.

I've always thought of McNabb as much better than average, probably top 10 in the league the last few years, injuries aside. But I thought I'd check out the stats just the same, just to see how Donny compares to a few other quarterbacks in the league. I just compared quarterback rating, as that is supposed to be the most comprehensive measure available. Let's start with McNabb:

In 105 games, McNabb has a quarterback rating of 84.9. Other quarterbacks with more than 100 games played with ratings between 83.0 and 86.0: Brunell, Favre, Garcia, Hasselbeck, Brad Johnson, and McNair.

Although almost all of these guys are considering good quarterbacks, none of them except Favre have ever been considered 'great' quarterbacks. Some, like Brad Johnson, are thought of as downright pedestrian. But let's take a look at a few who are considered 'greats:'

Tom Brady has only played in 98 games thus far but he has a quarterback rating of 89.9. Carson Palmer has half as many games played, with 47 games to his credit. He has a quarterback rating of 92.4 (that's not a typo.) But what about Peyton Manning? I know, I know, get to the point, right? How does Manning compare to the rest of the crowd? Manning has played in 146 games and has a quarterback rating of 94.5. That is not a typo.

I checked out some of the guys who are considered poor quarterbacks in the league, like Carr, Harrington, and Kitna. They all had ratings in the 70's. Guess who else had a quarterback rating in the 70's? You guessed it, Mr. Electric himself, Mike Vick.

Not sure what to make of this quick comparison of quarterback ratings, except to say that McNabb isn't as good as I thought and Manning is much better than I thought, if that's possible.
smiley36.gif